Sudden loss of power after completing all recalls and uPdate

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I have a 2020 4S PB+

I never had much issued with the car except for a glitch on a highway one time a couple months ago. My car started to lose speed and the yellow turtle sign came on. I also had a yellow warning sign indicating error with my 4 wheel drive system. I pulled over and restarted the car and the error never came back.

Last night I felt a lost of acceleration as I was about to go on a steep road. Even my passenger felt the car was losing power, and it was going to roll backward soon. I made it to a plateau where I had to stop to enter a car park. After waiting for the gate to open, my car would not go again. No warning sign, no turtle mode, nothing. I am wondering if this is similar to what the recall was supposed to fix?

My car also have the loss of range issue after getting an uPdate...feeling so annoyed.
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I guess sometimes these issues actually happen due to a fault developing with the car rather than software bug.

I have also noticed my indicated range is lower after the update. I understand the car needs to re-learn your driving habits etc after the update and it has also got a bit colder here, both of which may account for it. Most it has ever indicated for me is 250, now more like 220 miles. CT4S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have had this exact same thing happen several times. The dealer tried recalibrating the motors. But it continues, the only way to get going again is a restart. It really sucks.

jnat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ‘21
Country flag
I’ve never had this issue before, but it happened to me today for the first time while on a freeway on-ramp (scary). It’s been 11 days since the update for me.

OP
OP

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I thought the recall is supposed to fix this issue, not to create new problems....

mod72346

First Name
Mod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
I had experienced a partial power loss just today (2021 4S with uPdate). All of a sudden, started going at a light, and acceleration was a lot more sluggish than usual. Then, the car barely made it going up a steep hill, and then, when I pretty much floored the pedal, car jerked and barely was going at same speed up a moderate incline. This is scary. Battery was at 83% at the time. Will call my dealership tomorrow. 😵

Last edited:

barrytam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I experienced the same when going upslope these few days, making the car sluggish and I am so worry my car would slide backwards.
I will have a dealership check in coming days, just just wish to know whether this problem will be repairable? What is the likely root cause of this problem? 🙏🏻

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I experienced the same when going upslope these few days, making the car sluggish and I am so worry my car would slide backwards.
I will have a dealership check in coming days, just just wish to know whether this problem will be repairable? What is the likely root cause of this problem? 🙏🏻
What model year? There is a software update that addresses this issue I just don't recall which one.

barrytam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Mine is MY2022 but delivered in Oct 2022. I supposed the software update should have already in place but not sure😢
Sponsored