Taycan 4s April delivery

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
April 12, Frozen Blue Metallic, Truffle Brown interior.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
April 12, Frozen Blue Metallic, Truffle Brown interior.
Congrats, that's a color I would really like to see in person, Christmas in April looks to be the theme

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Change dealer!
Ridiculous answer from a dealer! They are there to serve the Customer not the other way around!
Order already placed and full deposit paid to the dealer so I'm good. I am also OK getting the car when I get it, knowing the stages it is at in production will not speed up the process it is what it is. This is my 5th EV and everyone of them arrived late had either production delays or government red tape to deal with. Im keeping my expectations low with regard to the delivery date...

Last edited:

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
How much of a deposit are they requiring on the 4S? 10%? Is it refundable?

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
The UK deposit is £5,000 and fully refundable until the build is locked in

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
How much of a deposit are they requiring on the 4S? 10%? Is it refundable?
US$2500 (longtime repeat customer) April 10th delivery Decided to go all out with Mamba Green w/Black interior and interior trim matching exterior color (color in person looks so different than online).

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
US$2500 (longtime repeat customer) April 10th delivery Decided to go all out with Mamba Green w/Black interior and interior trim matching exterior color (color in person looks so different than online).
Interesting Im a repeat customer also and I put $1,000 down in March 2018 which was refundable they still asked for 10k to place the order which is non refundable.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Interesting Im a repeat customer also and I put $1,000 down in March 2018 which was refundable they still asked for 10k to place the order which is non refundable.
It is interesting the difference among dealers. I asked to be placed on the waiting list the week the Mission E was announced, so I have been waiting for several years. Earlier this year, the dealer called to tell me I was number 2 on their list and to confirm my interest. I was asked to fill out the online registration form. I did not need to put down any money until I placed the order. I decided to pass on the Turbo S/Turbo due to the price point. I did not need another $200k+ toy. The dealer said no worries, he will keep my place for the 4S. I locked in my build on Nov 13, 2019 at which time I was asked for the $2500 deposit. The 4S will be my daily driver to replace my Quattroporte. Some the comments on the forums about the range of the Taycan amuse me. My Quattroporte was averaging 12.7 MPG when I checked earlier today. I am quite accustomed to my ICE DD lasting about the same range as the 4S and it hasn't dulled my excitement about the Taycan. It will be an awesome experience for all of us.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is interesting the difference among dealers. I asked to be placed on the waiting list the week the Mission E was announced, so I have been waiting for several years. Earlier this year, the dealer called to tell me I was number 2 on their list and to confirm my interest. I was asked to fill out the online registration form. I did not need to put down any money until I placed the order. I decided to pass on the Turbo S/Turbo due to the price point. I did not need another $200k+ toy. The dealer said no worries, he will keep my place for the 4S. I locked in my build on Nov 13, 2019 at which time I was asked for the $2500 deposit. The 4S will be my daily driver to replace my Quattroporte. Some the comments on the forums about the range of the Taycan amuse me. My Quattroporte was averaging 12.7 MPG when I checked earlier today. I am quite accustomed to my ICE DD lasting about the same range as the 4S and it hasn't dulled my excitement about the Taycan. It will be an awesome experience for all of us.

I did the same I believe I was first on the list with my dealer, Mission E day it was announced and Taycan day they took orders also passed on the Turbo S and Turbo but kept place in line. I had a Panamera ( two a base and a GTS) then a Tesla MS 90D which I replaced with the eTron the Taycan will be my daily commuter car also. My eTron only gets 180 miles a charge so if I can get 210 I’ll be over the moon! As it means I can pop up to Calastoga and back on one charge!

Last edited:

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was at a dealer here in NY, and the demand for these is so high, all they are asking for to place an order is a $1K REFUNDABLE deposit. He said if someone cancelled, there would always be someone to take the car. They have already booked over 40 orders.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was at a dealer here in NY, and the demand for these is so high, all they are asking for to place an order is a $1K REFUNDABLE deposit. He said if someone cancelled, there would always be someone to take the car. They have already booked over 40 orders.
There is a difference between holding a reservation and placing an order My reservation was placed in March 2018 21 months ago and was $1,000 which was refundable. My order was placed in December 2019 ( car to go into production) and was $10,000

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is a difference between holding a reservation and placing an order My reservation was placed in March 2018 21 months ago and was $1,000 which was refundable. My order was placed in December 2019 ( car to go into production) and was $10,000
So the process, even now that the car is actually available, is to hold a reservation? The salesperson seemed to suggest that I would be placing an order, so that’s probably my misunderstanding. Thank you!

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So the process, even now that the car is actually available, is to hold a reservation? The salesperson seemed to suggest that I would be placing an order, so that’s probably my misunderstanding. Thank you!
If you want to build your own, then you need to get in line. You need a build allocation. Anything else is a hand shake between you and your dealer that has nothing to do with Porsche itself. There’s a lot of variability between different dealers getting different allotments for allocations. A fair number of people have already gotten them for 4S and Turbo orders. Turbo S are pretty tough to come by afaik and it probably helps to be a Porsche VIP.

separately, there are some pre-configured vehicles for sale. These are mostly the launch vehicles.
Sponsored