Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
But suggesting that Porsche should warn people that supply chain issues are affecting parts ordering?
Actually, I wish Porsche would warn me less. I’m tired of clicking through the message every time I go to the configurator. If they don’t stop, I’ll have no choice but to continue dealing with it.
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Actually, I wish Porsche would warn me less. I’m tired of clicking through the message every time I go to the configurator. If they don’t stop, I’ll have no choice but to continue dealing with it.
An engineer in me seen an obvious solution - a "I don't want to see this warning again" persistent setting/checkmark per user.

Last edited:

nikc

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo
Country flag
Why would anyone even join a Porsche forum (except for the occasional Telsa troll) unless they were passionate about Porsches?
In my case, because I bought the car, had a myriad of problems, and was researching how widespread those problems are.

There are lots of things in life to be passionate about. How I get from A to B is not one of them.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
In my case, because I bought the car, had a myriad of problems, and was researching how widespread those problems are.

There are lots of things in life to be passionate about. How I get from A to B is not one of them.
Then why buy a Porsche in the first place? I'm not criticizing, just genuinely curious. They have always been known for "quirks" and most people I know who own Porsches put up with them because they are passionate about driving and are willing to put up with the quirks because of the driving experience. There are lots of cars out there, much less expensive, and quirky, that are comfortable and perfectly adequate to get from point A to B.

When I was getting ready to buy a Porsche I spent a lot of time viewing this and the Rennlist forums and talking to friends that owned or had owned a Porsche. I was aware of the issues that had been discussed and went into the process with my eyes wide open. I wanted a Porsche for the driving experience and was willing to put up with the issues that might arise.

I should say that I'm still not at the point where I'd buy an EV as my primary means of transportation or really even an ICE Porsche, with the possible exception of the Porsche SUVs. Eventually, we'll go all-in on EVs at our house. Maybe once the EV Macan is out for a while and the charging infrastructure is a bit better.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Fair point on the searching of information related to issues - its a cornerstone of most forums.

That said, getting from A to B can be accomplished with a lot less fuss & cost than a Taycan will give you. I have to call you on choosing it as something to facilitate a simple unemotional transaction for you to make it from A to B (and hopefully back again if that was part of the journey).

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I have to pile on here also. Why on earth would anyone spend so much money on something they aren’t passionate about?

nikc

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have to pile on here also. Why on earth would anyone spend so much money on something they aren’t passionate about?
Ipace had an uncomfortable driving position (and it was awkward getting in and out of the car).

Skis don't fit in the Audi GT.

Audi e-tron felt weird when driving - like the steering was happening several feet in front of the car. And the response time when pressing the touch screen was shockingly bad.

VW ID.4 and Mustang MachE didn't fit skis. And there was a lot of road noise in the Mustang.

Every time I got in the Polestar2 I banged my right knee on the dashboard (it's not built for someone 6'6").

Ioniq 5 was great, but the dealership didn't have availability for months.

Taycan was slightly more comfortable than the Ioniq 5, and the dealership had a CT (which skis do fit in) with all the features I wanted immediately available. So I bought that.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
The most amazing thing I’ve read on this thread so far is that there’s someone that thinks the Taycan is easy to get in/out of.

Why, B Pillar, why?

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The most amazing thing I’ve read on this thread so far is that there’s someone that thinks the Taycan is easy to get in/out of.

Why, B Pillar, why?
From a thread on the topic of the B-pillar,
Forward location of the B-pillar may be driven by the rear doors
Width of the B-pillar partly driven by the use of formed aluminum sheet vs. steel or carbon composite
The question of why the interior trim piece is so large remains unanswered.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Isn’t it obvious ? Varmints need some place to nest… :giggle:

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Varmint is a very under used word. Well done, made me smile.
Stuck in my mind from my Scrabble playing days… nice word with the 50-point 7-letter word bonus !

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
Ipace had an uncomfortable driving position (and it was awkward getting in and out of the car).

Skis don't fit in the Audi GT.

Audi e-tron felt weird when driving - like the steering was happening several feet in front of the car. And the response time when pressing the touch screen was shockingly bad.

VW ID.4 and Mustang MachE didn't fit skis. And there was a lot of road noise in the Mustang.

Every time I got in the Polestar2 I banged my right knee on the dashboard (it's not built for someone 6'6").

Ioniq 5 was great, but the dealership didn't have availability for months.

Taycan was slightly more comfortable than the Ioniq 5, and the dealership had a CT (which skis do fit in) with all the features I wanted immediately available. So I bought that.
I couldn’t get my seat comfy for journeys any longer than 60 mins in my iPace for about half the time I had it. Met my now partner, she realised I’d got the basics so wrong (and there I was fiddling with the x billion adjustment options..) that she sorted it in one, er, sitting. Comfy as could be after that. I’ll be getting her view on my Taycan posture too. Surprised you had issues getting in and out though, nobody commented on that with mine and I didn’t have it set to auto lower to park either.

I’m also going eyes wide open to Taycan but my iPace was my only car for three years (and mainly long journeys) and loved it despite some early to market issues similar to those with MY20 Taycans.