OP
TAYC4S

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
When do you need to decide? ........ @Lfcdan Have a chat with your Sales Rep' and ask when the "Vehicle Locked" date is projected to be (Code V210). Once your car hits this status you can not make any futher changes to it.
Luckily I still have some time to think through this as my build is September 2020...
Sponsored

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Luckily I still have some time to think through this as my build is September 2020...
my advice would be spec the car how you currently want it and then fine tune it later if you can

I was speaking to one of the Porsche guys a few weeks back and he said they had a few customer who ordered 911 and when then went to configure them a few days later the build freeze had been brought forward and locked in!!! So they ended up with just standard cars and NO options!!

the freeze point can be brought forward at any point so best to get the spec how you currently want it

OP
OP
TAYC4S

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
my advice would be spec the car how you currently want it and then fine tune it later if you can

I was speaking to one of the Porsche guys a few weeks back and he said they had a few customer who ordered 911 and when then went to configure them a few days later the build freeze had been brought forward and locked in!!! So they ended up with just standard cars and NO options!!

the freeze point can be brought forward at any point so best to get the spec how you currently want it
Thanks and good suggestion. I actually have two configured, one in black and one in silver. Everything else is more or less fixed. Just need to firm up the colour and then flip the build before it gets firmed up for build.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
At least you will have a chance to see the car in both colours prior to locking the build in

I didn’t have that luxury as mine was locked in before the cars were in the Uk!

I honestly don’t think there is a bad choice you could make

JayD

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Defender 90, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have just had this same dilemma, black (the choice for most of my cars), red or silver.
I have settled and locked in on silver with all black mission e wheels I hope I won’t be disappointed!
YNWA

OP
OP
TAYC4S

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I know my original post is always going to receive mixed views based on personal preferences but today I went to Porsche GB for a test drive and have as of now settled on Black as a colour choice with the compromise that I will just have to get it PPF'd to protect against future swirl/light scratches. They did not have the Dolomite Silver on the Taycan but on another car I did not like the blue tinge the pain has on the outside. If it was more like GT Silver then I think I might have opted for that.

For everyone recommending Black I concur it does look great and does make the car look less bulky but, it is a big car nonetheless. For those choosing silver I am sure you will still love it of course and the car is amazing too drive. Coming straight out of a C4S and Jag F-Type R (which was scarily fast), this was still far, far better, especially in the countryside!

Finally, the bad news for me is that despite being on the list since Jan my potential build time-line is Dec/Jan - any thoughts/ideas on shuffling up?

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I know my original post is always going to receive mixed views based on personal preferences but today I went to Porsche GB for a test drive and have as of now settled on Black as a colour choice with the compromise that I will just have to get it PPF'd to protect against future swirl/light scratches. They did not have the Dolomite Silver on the Taycan but on another car I did not like the blue tinge the pain has on the outside. If it was more like GT Silver then I think I might have opted for that.

For everyone recommending Black I concur it does look great and does make the car look less bulky but, it is a big car nonetheless. For those choosing silver I am sure you will still love it of course and the car is amazing too drive. Coming straight out of a C4S and Jag F-Type R (which was scarily fast), this was still far, far better, especially in the countryside!

Finally, the bad news for me is that despite being on the list since Jan my potential build time-line is Dec/Jan - any thoughts/ideas on shuffling up?
ring around other dealerships mate you may be surprised and get a cancelation or showroom car

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
There are a good few physical cancellations around...couple of the guys on here are in regular contact with me via email sending me specs and asking for advice etc. All those available are either spec'd to the hilt with £25-30k of options or missing some really important things such as a sunroof, bose, sports chrono or upgrade wheels.

They been looking for over a month now and nothing decent available worth buying (for them).

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag

Sounds about right for a new order as a couple of mates have ordered one this month with delivery dates of Q1 2021.

Mission_E

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If any members have a white Taycan can you please let me know whether it's 'white' or 'carrara white metallic'....? and what influenced your decision on colour....?

I've got a black Audi A7....it's too hot in summer in Australia!

Porsche Taycan Taycan Colours 131B54E8-97DB-43E7-A69D-8ED45E9E0E67

Porsche Taycan Taycan Colours 5128C41E-7ABE-4929-A679-2A8499D6779F

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
If any members have a white Taycan can you please let me know whether it's 'white' or 'carrara white metallic'....? and what influenced your decision on colour....?

I've got a black Audi A7....it's too hot in summer in Australia!
I have a Carrara white Taycan. I choose long and hard between the Dolomite Silver and White since darker cars get very hot in the summer. In the end I choose white since it felt cooler to the touch when cars where standing outside in the sun at the dealer. And it is living up to my expectations.
I have blackinterior though and if I could have chosen I would have specified a car with lighter interior as well. But with the possibility to remotely switch on climate control it is not any problem.

I am considering an extra heat reflecting film on the glass roof. When driving in 35 degrees Celsius heat here recently I can feel some heat coming from the roof. Not very hot but it is there. Will have to evaluate once we take a longer trip so that everything is more ventilated and balanced.

Tallest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - Cayenne - Panamera -
Country flag
I am really struggling with selecting my Taycan colour. The good news is I am down to 2 choices the bad news, I am changing my mind like the wind. Here is the ask: Silver or Black. Both look great. I like the stealth look of black but know its harder to keep clean compared to silver. The car will have ppl applied so not too worried by stone chips on the front. However, scratches/blemishes probably show up less on silver. Silver also seems to show the design cues better but not sure if that's just how the photos look...

What do other forum members think? I am interested in anyone that has a black or silver Taycan.
ONCE U GO BLACK YOU WONT TURN BACK‼
Porsche Taycan Taycan Colours B94534B5-7029-4C91-8340-F1CE8F230E06

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Definitely silver. If you get the mission E wheels they match without paying extra. Plus I've had a series of black cars, and just got sick of taking care of the swirls/dirt. Silver is the best dirt color by far, and shows off the lines of the car much better than black. I think you really lose a lot of the styling of the car with black.
Totally agree! Lot of design details are lost with black!