TaycanSimon

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi All, is it me or has there been a significant price reduction in used vehicles? Apparently it started when Tesla reduced new by 15%. If prices drop by much more, it makes you think if Petrol engines are better value in terms of depreciation.
Sponsored

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
I think you may that find that the used market is now being flooded with Taycans ending leases at 2/3yr points - compared to a year ago the is a marked difference with used Taycans available online now compared to a year ago.

Although the Taycan is a very nice car it is still mainstream and by that simple factor it will loose value as will any other car combustion or EV……. ‘Sale and demand’

DrMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
I ordered a GTS ST and we were just looking at the finance prior to delivery. The interest rate has dropped 0.5% which is great news, but the residual is £5k lower. Means the car costs more per month, possibly out of budget!

DES_MX

First Name
DES_MX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan4 CT
Country flag
Depends which model and if you bought under MSRP. If you buy the mid-spec base CT, I'm sure it'll hold value like crazy. Got mine 1 day before the price increase (March one) and with another price increase imminent (4%-8% as stated), plus the dealer discount I got, probably looking at depreciation free 1st year as 2 price increases + discount is already worth 17-18%

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag
The Taycan has only existed during the COVID era which means any depreciation you’ve seen up till now is artificial. Going forward you should expect depreciation pretty much on par with what we’ve seen with Panamera, Cayenne and Macan in the 2015 - 2019 timespan.

Personally, I think it will do far better as it’s a highly desirable EV. All the dooms day BS around new battery tech is massively overblown by people who don’t understand the time frame it take to get any radical improvements into mainstream production. I see incremental improvements and if/when a revolutionary development does find its way into production, Porsche will develop a battery replacement option that will allow owners to upgrade for a very reasonable cost, far less than what it costs to replace a blown 911 long block.

It’s relatively moot since we are talking 6 - 8 years before this would even be an issue and your existing battery will probably still have a 90% SOH.

DrMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Depends which model and if you bought under MSRP. If you buy the mid-spec base CT, I'm sure it'll hold value like crazy. Got mine 1 day before the price increase (March one) and with another price increase imminent (4%-8% as stated), plus the dealer discount I got, probably looking at depreciation free 1st year as 2 price increases + discount is already worth 17-18%
No dealer discounts in the UK AFAIK unless someone can enlighten me 😬

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
The Taycan has only existed during the COVID era which means any depreciation you’ve seen up till now is artificial. Going forward you should expect depreciation pretty much on par with what we’ve seen with Panamera, Cayenne and Macan in the 2015 - 2019 timespan.

Personally, I think it will do far better as it’s a highly desirable EV. All the dooms day BS around new battery tech is massively overblown by people who don’t understand the time frame it take to get any radical improvements into mainstream production. I see incremental improvements and if/when a revolutionary development does find its way into production, Porsche will develop a battery replacement option that will allow owners to upgrade for a very reasonable cost, far less than what it costs to replace a blown 911 long block.

It’s relatively moot since we are talking 6 - 8 years before this would even be an issue and your existing battery will probably still have a 90% SOH.
Spot on IMO too.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Yep. Suitcase full of cash never fails.

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
Currently, and I hope it will change, you can expect about 40% down in year 1 IN UK.

Motorway selling site now offering me £59k for a £103k 17month old car. They were offering £74k in Jan. I declined then as I expected & needed £85k based on the £90k suggested by dealer in Oct 2022. I cancelled the GTS as I couldn't risk 2 tumbles in one day...

All the tax saved goes to the next owner and this was no great deal...:crying:

Love the car so will just keep it and hope for a £60k loss over 5 years or so - far more palatable.