Taycan GTS Dragy results in non-optimal conditions (3.4 to 3.5 seconds)

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
Just for fun, a few Dragy runs in a 2023 Taycan GTS with 21" Mission-e wheels and Pirelli P0 summer tires. Battery charged to about 75%. 76F battery temp, and 55F air temp, lukewarm tires at 36/41 PSI (a bit high?) and a road surface that was dry but a bit rough and a bit dirty, so not great conditions. Sport Plus mode, using launch control.

Times for the three runs were: 3.51 seconds, 3.43 seconds in the opposite direction, 3.41 seconds back in the first direction. Here's the middle run:

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS Dragy results in non-optimal conditions (3.4 to 3.5 seconds) Dragy 1

The car definitely slowed briefly at the shift point around 50-ish miles per hour, then started pulling again. It "felt" to me like: a) The acceleration was limited more by software than by physics overall but b) The road surface and temperature perhaps did steal some time due to traction issues at lower speeds.

Update: Tested again on a different day at somewhat higher 80% SOC, slightly warmer 59F air temp, slightly warmer 77F battery temp: 3.43 seconds, so no real change.

Update: Tested again, likely for the last time, on the same stretch of pavement but starting at 91% SOC and an 80F battery. The times were: 3.44, 3.47, 3.43, 3.48.

So that's eight runs on the same road at SOC between 74 and 91%, with times from 3.41 to 3.51 - and remarkably consistent. I do wonder if stickier pavement would improve the results, but for this stretch of road, we know what the Tacan GTS can do, and it's a tiny bit better than the published "3.5 seconds" manufacturer claim.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Over 80% SOC I've found it can get up to .2sec better
Give it a try and see what happens
No 1/4mile times?

OP
OP

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
Over 80% SOC I've found it can get up to .2sec better
Give it a try and see what happens
No 1/4mile times?
Sorry, I'm afraid I don't have a safe stretch of road to use for 1/4 mile testing. 60-130 would be really good to know as well, but I'd need a track for that.

When I get a chance, I will test at a higher SOC, and also test Sport versus Sport Plus.

Last edited:

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Sorry, I'm afraid I don't have a safe stretch of road to use for 1/4 mile testing. 60-130 would be really good to know, but I'd need a track for that.

When I get a chance, I will test at a higher SOC, and also test Sport versus Sport Plus.
It's very difficult to get long, flat, no traffic roads.
Good luck