Taycan GTS

Aussie_Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M4
Country flag
Do you have any evidence of this? I believe it begins mid-June.
I have my GTS slot for July, and the contract was updated 3 weeks ago to show MY24 and the increased price.
Also I was at the Porsche factory and did the Tycan factory tour, multiple people said the change will happen in the last week of June.

Hawk

First Name
Addy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc C55 AMG, Audi Q7
Country flag
I don't have hard evidence, just anecdotic. German factories are modified during the summer break to start doing next model year thereafter.
My order is in with a planned delivery of Mid Sept and its marked as a 2024.
Mine is marked for June 30th and it is MY24

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Which is proof that the model year change does not always happen after «werksferien» (factory holiday). Maybe the changes are so small this time that they don’t need any production line setup changes, and they are eager to get MY24 cars out?

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I submitted my order with dealer in late June of 22 and got a 23 model

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I don't have hard evidence, just anecdotic. German factories are modified during the summer break to start doing next model year thereafter.
OK. I remember seeing an official Porsche document posted on this forum about a month ago which stated MY would switch "mid June", and that is a direct quote from the document. I remember this particularly because I have an order in for a GTS ST in Mamba Green, and as Mamba would not be available for MY24, it was crucial I got a MY23 car. After seeing this document and speaking to my SA, we concluded the week starting 12th June (my build week) would be the last week of MY23, and I would be subsequently getting one of the last Mamba Green cars. The "spec-lock" date came and went and my build week remained 12th June, and Mamba is still permitted.

I don't have a lot of time right now, but I will look for this post that was made on here.

That's what was said on the "Porsche Car Whisperer" YouTube channel. I don't think Porsche has stated any specific date when changeover to 24 happens.

My wife's car which went into production on April 27th is currently scheduled to be finished on June 30th, so that would suggest that they will still be producing 23s through June.
Interesting, but see my text just above.

My previous car was an Audi RS e-tron GT. Audi does not have production slots in the same way as Porsche. My dealer then followed production data to see whether it would be produced before or after summer break 2021, and consequently be a MY 21 or MY22 they explained. It was made in Aug/Sep as a MY22.

But this is not proof that Porsche does model years the same way, I see that. I'm ready to be corrected by hard evidence if someone has it.
I've just been given a June 19th build date for a 2024 GTS. I paid my deposit back in September of 22 and they mentioned then that it was quite likely it would be a 24 car by the time I was given a production slot.
German summer break is late July to August and the new MY starts soon after the summer break. This happens every year and I believe most or all the German car brands follow the same calendar (I know BMW does from first hand experience). Not sure why anyone questions the MY changeover calendar - this is at least the fourth time I’ve written this during my two years active on this forum.
Because people have seen documents that this will not be the case in the switch from MY23 to MY24. Some people have even been told that their end of June production car will be a MY24. I too have a GTS ST on order, so I've been particular interested in when the switch will take place.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
OK. I remember seeing an official Porsche document posted on this forum about a month ago which stated MY would switch "mid June", and that is a direct quote from the document. I remember this particularly because I have an order in for a GTS ST in Mamba Green, and as Mamba would not be available for MY24, it was crucial I got a MY23 car. After seeing this document and speaking to my SA, we concluded the week starting 12th June (my build week) would be the last week of MY23, and I would be subsequently getting one of the last Mamba Green cars. The "spec-lock" date came and went and my build week remained 12th June, and Mamba is still permitted.

I don't have a lot of time right now, but I will look for this post that was made on here.

Because people have seen documents that this will not be the case in the switch from MY23 to MY24. Some people have even been told that their end of June production car will be a MY24. I too have a GTS ST on order, so I've been particular interested in when the switch will take place.
I hope that’s the case so you get your mamba!

This would be a departure from years of a clockwork production cycle, but then again we’re in “unprecedented times”.

DirtyPop

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Facelift looks to be for MY25. But why wait for a facelift? Some things can be improved (lid on center console, reversing camera, software, maybe a bit more range...) but it is very good the way it is.
Tell me about this center console lid? How can you improve that and the backup camera?

Jraeven

First Name
Joop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo (cab), Cayenne S, AMG GT-C, Audi R8
Country flag
face lift will be model year 25 introduction march april next year first production after summer break. I would go for either a 4S or Turbo. I have a Turbo myself and drove both the 4S and GTS last week in Leipzig. For me the GTS is not much improvement over the 4S and much less power compared to the Turbo.

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
My expectation is that my wife's car is an anomaly. It went to V270 (build complete) on May 12 and back to V260 (Vehicle entry to body shop) a few days after that. Something happened, and we'll never have a clear explanation from Porsche. It could be waiting for missing parts, but there isn't anything particularly odd about the spec. It could be that it was damaged during production in a way that they had to give up on it and are starting over, the seven week extension is somewhat consistent with that.

It looks quite apparent that Porsche will be starting to build the new model year in a couple of weeks, with perhaps a few exceptions.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hope that’s the case so you get your mamba!

This would be a departure from years of a clockwork production cycle, but then again we’re in “unprecedented times”.
My SA has assured me that once the spec locked, then production is confirmed to that spec, even if production is subsequently delayed for whatever reason. It would still be a MY23 car even if it was built in July. So I'm expecting a Mamba car. Put it this way, production is in two weeks, so I'm not expectng a call now to say "you can't have Mamba, so pick a different colour".

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
People question it because there are a lot of "experts" who think they know everything.

So, this post was made last month and it shows production switches from MY23 to MY24 in "mid-June".

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/so-what-are-the-2024-changes.15447/#post-235795

Screenshot 2023-05-28 at 13.38.56.png
this is not a .2 refresh - this is normal changes in ordering, pricing, and available factory colors - MY '25 may see some changes in Taycan's feature set, options, and minor improvements.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
this is not a .2 refresh - this is normal changes in ordering, pricing, and available factory colors - MY '25 may see some changes in Taycan's feature set, options, and minor improvements.
I know, and I've not said otherwise.

My post is clarifying when these "normal" changes to available colours etc. will be happening. I'm not talking about the .2 refresh, which I know will be next year.
Sponsored