mhockett

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes I warned people about this. It’s very similar to “Arena Red” which I saw photos in sunlight and mistakenly got a PTS turbo S in. I was very disappointed in the color in everything but bright sunlight. Personally I didn’t Like having a “purple”. car and sold it a few months later for a white one. I bet if Porsche renamed the color “purple red metallic” no one would buy them. Lol

B2287F67-04C8-4CC0-BC89-4B3611ACD572.jpeg
Perfect! That is hilarious! I gotta say this... I've grown to like it - and surprisingly, get a ton of comments on the color. The Porsche store makes a lot of comments - says all they see is white, black, silver and that neon green. I wanted something that wouldn't be as common... Guess I got it!

OP
OP
mhockett

mhockett

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Perfect! That is hilarious! I gotta say this... I've grown to like it - and surprisingly, get a ton of comments on the color. The Porsche store makes a lot of comments - says all they see is white, black, silver and that neon green. I wanted something that wouldn't be as common... Guess I got it!
Who knows... Maybe one day soon, we'll be able to change our car color like we change shirts! Check this out - color changing car!

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Yes I warned people about this. It’s very similar to “Arena Red” which I saw photos in sunlight and mistakenly got a PTS turbo S in. I was very disappointed in the color in everything but bright sunlight. Personally I didn’t Like having a “purple”. car and sold it a few months later for a white one. I bet if Porsche renamed the color “purple red metallic” no one would buy them.
I am also disappointed with cherry red. It looks nice in direct sunlight, but any overcast sky (or layer of dirt) and you're in a maroon car.

I'm a Guards Red guy not a maroon guy.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Wow that’s crazy cool. That’s said omg how much to repair and what shop would/could even do it. Also not trying to rip your car. I got tons of compliments on my arena red car too but it wasn’t for me. Oddly up close even in the dark light the color was very rich for far away looked purple.

I found that buying unknown/unseen colors is always a crap shoot. Photos and videos are too often not accurate. As you’ve likely seen I got a voodoo blue TTS and it was equally stressful for months but I love it. That said Ive have been burned many times before. I once bought a baby blue m5 that was supposed to “silver-stone” and even my white 488 was more off white with an ugly yellow tone. I once took a huge risk an got a bianco Fuji 488 spider for 30k option sight unseen and it was most spectacular paint I’ve ever seen but I’m always nervous doing it.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wasn't an Arena Red fan until I saw it on a GT3 with platinum satin wheels. Just epic.

There are colors for cars and cars for colors, and I think it's sometimes critical to have certain trim and wheel colors with certain colors.

Wattsjr9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
AND I wish my "cherry metallic" color was more cherry than burgundy! You get the cherry in the sunlight, but in the clouds - it's old-school burgundy. :)
Totally agree...I bought this color sight unseen. It's beautiful, but it's cherry, burgandy and even rust in certain lighting situations...

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
I wasn't an Arena Red fan until I saw it on a GT3 with platinum satin wheels. Just epic.

There are colors for cars and cars for colors, and I think it's sometimes critical to have certain trim and wheel colors with certain colors.

Here is my old 991.2 and trust me this was the best it ever looked in bright sunlight. I made sure to post these photos when I sold in. Not so much in dark/cloudy weather which is the norm in the PNW.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Made Better? 3BD6B7B6-B45A-49A2-9796-0F5D64DE9289

Porsche Taycan Taycan Made Better? C07DBFA3-0EEB-4099-8B8F-273E6273434D

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here is my old 991.2 and trust me this was the best it ever looked in bright sunlight. I made sure to post these photos when I sold in. Not so much in dark/cloudy weather which is the norm in the PNW.

3BD6B7B6-B45A-49A2-9796-0F5D64DE9289.jpeg

C07DBFA3-0EEB-4099-8B8F-273E6273434D.jpeg
Sorry, but that car would look gorgeous in any light.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

3BD6B7B6-B45A-49A2-9796-0F5D64DE9289.jpeg

C07DBFA3-0EEB-4099-8B8F-273E6273434D.jpeg
The first time I saw Arena was on a regular 911 with silver wheels. Didn’t like it. But on the GT3 with platinum wheels it was stunning. I actually thought about buying the car at a crazy price for a brief moment.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
On #6 said:
If you touch the underside of the door-handles by reaching into the recess they will pop out. My wife chipped a few nails until she understood this ! :eek:

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
I am very happy with my Taycan Turbo.
If I discount the first few weeks where I had two problems, even quality wise the best car I ever had.

Problems are more EV related in general, especially range at high speed.
Also, the weight (which btw is hidden very well by all that tech compared to other EVs) would required different tires than my Pirellis. Will fix that prob soon with GYs.

MrBeanPT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I would add the following:

6. CarPlay/Android Auto navigation displays in HUD.
7. More performance information. For example, I'd like to see a chart of battery temperature over time.
8. Split and total max values for all performance information, per sport chrono. For example, what's my max G-force for this lap, and for all laps?
9. Why am I limited to putting certain information on certain dash circles? For example, why can't I show PDCC and G-force at the same time on the left and right circles?
10. Better PCM apps. We don't need calendar or news. We have those on our phones already. What we would benefit from are things like Netflix, Prime Video, etc., which would be much nicer on bigger screens. Even better if the passenger can watch on headphones while the car's in motion.
11. Better UI/UX for profiles and timers.
12. The app's just got to be more responsive than it is today.
13. Smart auto-off. When I put the car in park and then open the door, turn the car off (and activate comfort exit features). Either that or activate comfort exit/entry features whenever the door is opened and the seat belt unbuckled, regardless of whether the car is on or not.
Number 6 should be mandatory (BMWs have had this for years...) and number 9 is just baffling. My car without ACC has only useless options on the left screen (G-force? Typre pressure? Driving aids which I don't have?) while the right screen as a few, at least somewhat usefull options (navigation, media, battery info).