Taycan OBDII, Elm327?

Taycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ex 964 C4,
Country flag
Curious as I am, I tried connecting a Elm327 WiFi device to the OBDII port in the Taycan. Needless to say that didn’t work. It gets power and starts the WiFi but apps are not able to read values.

I’ve since read that some new Porsches do not use the standard signal pinout for the Elm327 interface.

It seems you need to swap the Porsche k-line to the vw k-line position. (Porsche on pin3, vw on pin7), according to this thread on rennlist:

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/1047135-vcds-how-to.html

Does this apply to all new Porsches? If so, most likely to the Taycan as well?
Sponsored

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Curious as I am, I tried connecting a Elm327 WiFi device to the OBDII port in the Taycan. Needless to say that didn’t work. It gets power and starts the WiFi but apps are not able to read values.

I’ve since read that some new Porsches do not use the standard signal pinout for the Elm327 interface.

It seems you need to swap the Porsche k-line to the vw k-line position. (Porsche on pin3, vw on pin7), according to this thread on rennlist:

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/1047135-vcds-how-to.html

Does this apply to all new Porsches? If so, most likely to the Taycan as well?
I am curious, what is this device for?

OP
OP
Taycan4S

Taycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ex 964 C4,
Country flag
I am curious, what is this device for?
For reading information from the car. Fault codes (reading and resetting) and general technical information from the car. It is what Porsche techs use on other Porsches and supposedly the Taycan as well.

rowi

First Name
Rolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, MY 2021
Country flag
Are you a step further now? I don't know if the (very old) K-Line still exists in the newer cars. I do have a VCDS from my Audi days, but I don't know if I can at least read the fault codes (will need to set up Windoes again on my MacBook just for testing this out).

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I also have an OBDII dongle, used it in my Opel Ampera(=Chevrolet Volt) for years to feed Torque Pro with data. Someone created a modified setup for Torque Pro for the Chevrolet Volt, which worked perfectly.

Of course I tried the dongle in my Taycan, but right away I got a message that the high volt system was switched on(or similar words), so I pulled the OBDII dongle out of the socket again and haven't tried it since.

I have done searches on internet, but haven't found an OBDII dongle for the Taycan that might work.

Tincan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
(found this via google)

I'm starting to have a look at what's available on the CAN buses of the Taycan, and this message pops up when you send a CAN message on the OBD port when the vehicle is on. It's just meant as a warning for a service person that would have diagnostic equipment connected, to let them know the car is on

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
I tried with a maclean odb2 dongle, but it did not work.