Taycan Official Presentation Date Will Be September 4!

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I was at my dealer today and was advised the Turbo, Turbo S and perhaps GTS versions will be available in the first year. Then the AWD and RWD version will be available after a year. I hope the EV tax credit lasts a year. Taycans will initially be at PEC for test drives.
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
So, based on that, the first Taycans will set people back $175K or more, with more affordable versions coming out in Fall 2020. Sounds right. Since that range is the reason that I am sitting this release out, I suppose that I like the confirmation.

EnjoyTheDrive

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 993, MB C63 AMG 507, S2000, Nissan GTR, Tesla M3P Track option, Volvo XC40, BMW E30 325IX, Subaru Forester XT, (Had owned Tesla 85, Tesla P90D)
Country flag
I was at my dealer today and was advised the Turbo, Turbo S and perhaps GTS versions will be available in the first year. Then the AWD and RWD version will be available after a year. I hope the EV tax credit lasts a year. Taycans will initially be at PEC for test drives.
I was at my dealer in NJ yesterday and they are high volume and no nothing. The owner is going overseas in early October to get a review of the car and everything that goes along with it. They also have to install a half million AC and DC charging system.

So, everything else is speculation. No dealer knows what cars (models: turbo, 4S, base) are coming to them till around early October.

If your dealer is telling you otherwise, they are not telling you the truth.

MPawelek

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1919 Ford Model T, 1931 Ford Model A, 1957 Nash Metropolitan, 2017 Mercedes SL, 2018 Ford F250
Country flag
I don’t see any big problem with Porsche trying to please it’s high end customers first. It is a good business practice. The few that opt for the highest priced Taycan will be a small percentage of total orders. At this point the customers who put down deposits did not know what levels were to be produced so no one has a list of how many at what level will be ordered. This will all get sorted out as customers are called into their dealerships to actually sit down and make decisions. Up until then everything is still speculation.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was at my dealer in NJ yesterday and they are high volume and no nothing. The owner is going overseas in early October to get a review of the car and everything that goes along with it. They also have to install a half million AC and DC charging system.

So, everything else is speculation. No dealer knows what cars (models: turbo, 4S, base) are coming to them till around early October.

If your dealer is telling you otherwise, they are not telling you the truth.
as much as i’d love to see a turbo S trim this year, it conflicts with public statements made by Porsche execs. Sure, they could change their minds, but it seems weird to roll out an S instead of just a turbo and upsell an S in a year or two. I assume we’ll hear about the 2020 trim levels on the 14th. Until then, pretty dubious.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I agree - with the Panamera Porsche released a 'base', a 'sport' and a 'turbo'. They introduced the GTS and the Turbo S several years afterwards, along with an 'economy' version.

It sounds to me like they may introduce the 'economy' version first, just to appeal to a wider audience. I think the 600+ HP version that Johnny Smith drove is the 'Turbo' and they'll have a 700 HP version later. I don't think they're ready to introduce the top of the line performance version yet, because the technology will be better in a couple years.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Because it's such a different and important car for Porsche I think previous habits don't apply.
Everything is different this time so we'll just have to wait and see.
Sponsored