OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
Got back from hollidays on Monday, a couple of weeks after the incident with eggs and spitting on my Porsche. Next day when driving off, a warning in the display with air loss popped up ⚠ I stopped and checked my rear tire: Yep, 2 screws planted pretty close to each other. A coincidence after all I experienced so far? I strongly doubt it!

I called my Porsche Center Son, which accepted help me out on straight arm?? I had to pump up the pressure with the onboard compressor, to reach them 45 minutes away. Luckily they could save the tire, with less cost than feared. I lost a little time and so more money, but life goes on. My memory of this: Great service indeed, again !!!

New moral (read attitude) in this story: Some people has serious issues, but I can't do anything about that. Those doing this are below my level. I feel my life is good, and they can't touch me much. Happy go lucky :cool:

Porsche Taycan Haters Will Always Be Haters 1628232303390

Porsche Taycan Haters Will Always Be Haters AAC7FEAA-2AF7-41CE-AB09-501C800A22B9

Porsche Taycan Haters Will Always Be Haters D5ADD15A-0606-42D3-B3EF-97E07F08BE27

Porsche Taycan Haters Will Always Be Haters CB6521E7-3EB7-404F-9BD4-1DC0607A52CA

Porsche Taycan Haters Will Always Be Haters 3EF2078E-26D7-42B5-9A18-0C4ECCD8C828

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Got back from hollidays on Monday, a couple of weeks after the incident with eggs and spitting on my Porsche. Next day when driving off, a warning in the display with air loss popped up ⚠ I stopped and checked my rear tire: Yep, 2 screws planted pretty close to each other. A coincidence after all I experienced so far? I strongly doubt it!

I called my Porsche Center Son, which accepted help me out on straight arm?? I had to pump up the pressure with the onboard compressor, to reach them 45 minutes away. Luckily they could save the tire, with less cost than feared. I lost a little time and so more money, but life goes on. My memory of this: Great service indeed, again !!!

New moral (read attitude) in this story: Some people has serious issues, but I can't do anything about that. Those doing this are below my level. I feel my life is good, and they can't touch me much. Happy go lucky :cool:

1628232303390.jpeg

AAC7FEAA-2AF7-41CE-AB09-501C800A22B9.jpeg

D5ADD15A-0606-42D3-B3EF-97E07F08BE27.jpeg

CB6521E7-3EB7-404F-9BD4-1DC0607A52CA.jpeg

3EF2078E-26D7-42B5-9A18-0C4ECCD8C828.jpeg
Perhaps you need some good security cameras, so you can catch the neighbor in action and call the police. Alternatively (or in addition to), install some dedicated dashcams. I have 2 Teslas, with Blacvue 2ch dashcams (I don't use Tesla's dashcam because it's unreliable), saved me from a $1000 deductible once already plus an insurance hike. My home security cameras saved my neighbor $1000 deductible and insurance hike when another neighbor backed his van into his Audi too.

PS> There are people who just hate, no cure for that. From Tesla world:
https://electrek.co/2021/08/03/five...coming-victims-of-road-rage-for-driving-an-ev/

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
In most of Europe, it is absolutely forbidden to repair even small punctures on any tires with a higher speed rating than V, definitely not any with Y or Z rating. Unfortunately, many small tire shops ignore this directive. It is definitely not safe to drive at 250 km/h with a repaired tire, although this can only be done legally in Germany or at a track.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
Don't know if offered by European Porsche dealers but when I got my RWD, the only dealer offered option I took was the wheel and tire insurance. They will replace any punctured tire, not repair it. Wheel scuffs or damage, they repair or replace. Dealer said they do a few tires a week for vehicles with this policy.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
what you have paid in deductibles has to have covered a security guard/private investigator and/or a camera system looking at the parking lot.
If it was me and I knew I was staying at that location for a long period, I would partner with the owner and/or start billing him on your deductible and get him to start seeing that this is a problem of the 'neighborhood' and not just you.
Wishing you the best of luck!!!

OP
OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@whitex

Thanks! I already have Blackvue in my Porsche including my previous vehicles, and caught this person several times. My other neighbours have also seen this person in action doing things to my vehicle, and reported back to me. Police does not prioritise such in my area, so assholes like this goes free Unfortunately. As of yet the insurance in Norway does not discount installed dashcam. They should, as they have more competence to force regress to people doing vandalism.

PS I watched your link regarding Tesla. I'm no longer surprised why it is war in the world . . .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Pozuelo

Thanks! I really don't know as it is not my field, but I did investigate a little bit before the repair. This fix was done at Porsche, and they confirmed this product with plug from the inside was approved. I did ask about higher speed and when driving on track, but was told it's no problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@dflohr

Thanks! I would definitely enjoy a tire-insurance like that! Unfortunately my insurance company does not offer such. I would prefer new tire after incidents like this rather than repair, but shouldn't both tires should not be replaced opposite each other due to equal tread depth? If not, it is in my opinion better with equal wear on both tires - disregard the issue regarding potensial risk at high speeds.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@TycanNewHampshire

You're right, no doubt about it! Still, since the police over here does not investigate or punish those who vandalise, it isn't much point. My other option is private lawsuit, which is expensive to proceed and with and with uncertain result according to judgment in our law system.

I pretty much given up, but I appreciate the support though!!!

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Arno……This thread feels more and more like “Take Matter in my own hands”….You are a Saint. In the end, Haters won’t be Haters for long, Haters will run into a person that is less of a Saint (or hasn’t been blessed with you recent good health news, if I recall correctly) and will get beaten for a very long time!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
@whitex

Thanks! I already have Blackvue in my Porsche including my previous vehicles, and caught this person several times. My other neighbours have also seen this person in action doing things to my vehicle, and reported back to me. Police does not prioritise such in my area, so assholes like this goes free Unfortunately. As of yet the insurance in Norway does not discount installed dashcam. They should, as they have more competence to force regress to people doing vandalism.

PS I watched your link regarding Tesla. I'm no longer surprised why it is war in the world . . .
Here in the US, you can sue in civil court if you can prove who damaged your property (video footage goes a long way there). If the damage is high enough, and you file an insurance claim, the insurance company will sue the offender for you in order to recover their money and even your deductible.
As for police not prioritizing property crimes, well, there is a bunch "defund the police" movements which contribute, but it's not a totally new phenomenon. What can sometimes help in situations like this is a subtle hint of escalation. For example, a long while back I had some teenagers mess with cars, including my car, by putting wet bread on the body, with the goal of birds coming to pick at it damaging the paint. When I called the cops, they said it's not a priority. I asked what is the threshold for when this becomes a felony, and when they told me, I told them the paint repair job can easily exceed this threshold on my car. They still wouldn't come. So I told them since it's a felony, I will wait until I think enough damage is done and perform a citizen's arrest. Then I asked whether they want to come get the perpetrators once I have them, or should I pop them in the trunk and deliver to the police station. That got them rolling - a squad car came shortly after, didn't arrest anyone but stopped and got everyone's personal details. I never saw those teenagers again at that location (or anywhere else).

Last edited:

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
@dflohr

Thanks! I would definitely like a tire-insurance like that! Unfortunately my insurance company does not offer such. I would prefer new tire after incidents like this rather than repair, but shouldn't both tires should not be replaced opposite each other due to equal tread depth? if not, it is in my opinion better with equal wear on both tires - disregard the issue risk at high speeds.
When I had a screw in a tyre a while back the repair shop carried out the same type of repair. They told me that if the screw is close to the edge of the tyre (near the tyre wall) then it does compromise the structure of the tyre and they wouldn't have repaired it... but as long as the hole is far enough away from the edge then the structural integrity / safety is not compromised.

I'm no tyre expert but I'm pretty sure they'd have happily sold me a new tyre if they could have claimed that the repair was any less safe than an undamaged one... hope that gives you some confidence in the safety of your repair.