Taycan owner for 2 days, love the car but software bugs galore!

OP
OP
Jayyvr890

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
OP
OP
Jayyvr890

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just called the store and they don’t have a clue why my car is missing Smart Lift in the menu.
I can confirm my car now has smartlift. I would advise you to call back and ask to speak to a Porsche Pro called Dom. He's the only guy at Porsche Vancouver who seems to know whats going on haha. As soon as I mentioned that my SOS light was red he knew what was wrong.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
I can confirm my car now has smartlift. I would advise you to call back and ask to speak to a Porsche Pro called Dom. He's the only guy at Porsche Vancouver who seems to know whats going on haha. As soon as I mentioned that my SOS light was red he knew what was wrong.
OK Now I'm jealous. But my SOS light has always been green and I don't have the smart lift option. Is your Navigation still stuck in night mode?

Sparky

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT 4
Country flag
Overall, I have been lucky so far. I have had the alarm issue, but only in my garage, not when I am out and about. I will have to bring the car in to the dealer as the sound for the turn signals, parking sensors and assistance systems is dead. The visuals and operation of them are OK. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't see anymore issues.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Here is the list of problems that I've had or I've seen confirmed by more than one person on these forums. Some predate the 2022 MY but several are unique to 2022.

There are some others but they're not confirmed as known issues yet or only one person has reported it.

PCM rebooting while driving
Key not detected warnings
Alarm going off for no reason if interior monitor is activated
Alarm going off for no reason when you open the Porsche Connect app
Red flashing SOS light and can’t login via Porsche account in PCM after delivery
Remaining range set to miles but shows KM on My Home's charging display
Sometimes the car starts with German displayed
Sometimes the map in the instrument cluster doesn’t load
When car is off, driver display remains on all the time with parking indicator lit

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Here is the list of problems that I've had or I've seen confirmed by more than one person on these forums. Some predate the 2022 MY but several are unique to 2022.

There are some others but they're not confirmed as known issues yet or only one person has reported it.

Red flashing SOS light and can’t login via Porsche account in PCM after delivery
When car is off, driver display remains on all the time with parking indicator lit
Worth noting also perhaps that most reporting these errors are not getting all of them together. Some of course are clearly inter-related.

Thankfully the only error I have in my '22 is that one in the Home screen that reports Km instead of miles - all else AOK.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
So far (two weeks) on my '22 RWD, the only software issue I've seen is last weekend CarPlay disappeared. A message 'No device connected' appeared on the PCM screen and though I searched for a new device, I could not find my phone. What was odd is that I could play music from my iPhone though the PCM but the icon and UI for CarPlay disappeared. I reset my Bluetooth connection on my phone, and even rebooted the phone but could not get a connection or CarPlay to appear. Its like there was a Bluetooth connection to my phone (I was able to play music) but some part of PCM couldn't see the connection.

I parked the car in my garage overnight and by the next morning, CarPlay was back. Very odd.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Worth noting also perhaps that most reporting these errors are not getting all of them together. Some of course are clearly inter-related.

Thankfully the only error I have in my '22 is that one in the Home screen that reports Km instead of miles - all else AOK.
Are you sure your instrument cluster turns off when the vehicle is off? Can you see the big “P” for Park when the vehicle is off?

I have basically all of the issues in the list myself, except for “Key not detected” and the Red SOS light problem is resolved now.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Are you sure your instrument cluster turns off when the vehicle is off? Can you see the big “P” for Park when the vehicle is off?

I have basically all of the issues in the list myself, except for “Key not detected” and the Red SOS light problem is resolved now.
Yes 100% certain all off when car off - truly free and clear everything but the odd typo of Km vs mi.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Put your key in the first cupholder if not detected. I think that was designed for the key battery being drained.

My 21 has the alarm issue. Had some issues losing connection to SirusXM (joker key fixed that...though really only 3 months of free SirusXM in a 100k car? Favorites disappeared once and had to rebuild. Has not re-occured. Now and then you get a message something is not working (map or auto regen, but they come back after turn off and on the car). Lately, the radio favorites take forever to display. Determined that it is because Carplay is trying to connect and it has given itself first priority.

Individual Mode will let me select auto regen as part of my settings, but will only turn on regen (no little A on the right of the regen icon).

Is there a place we can see updates that were OTA? I have 2x where it said map updated and gave me a message.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Perhaps Scott Adams needs to expand the list.
Porsche Taycan Taycan owner for 2 days, love the car but software bugs galore! IMG_3559
(I apologize, those are defects that Porsche definitely needs to fix, but I couldn't resist exploring the possibility of poltergeist culpability.)

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Yes 100% certain all off when car off - truly free and clear everything but the odd typo of Km vs mi.
I just got back from the dealer. They scanned the car and no codes came up and somehow this act alone seems to have fixed the instrument cluster not turning off all the way. It now turns off!

Sadly, they told me they don't have a fix for the alarm issue even though people on this forum have reported that they do.

makados

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 BMW X5 45e, 2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
So far (two weeks) on my '22 RWD, the only software issue I've seen is last weekend CarPlay disappeared. A message 'No device connected' appeared on the PCM screen and though I searched for a new device, I could not find my phone. What was odd is that I could play music from my iPhone though the PCM but the icon and UI for CarPlay disappeared. I reset my Bluetooth connection on my phone, and even rebooted the phone but could not get a connection or CarPlay to appear. Its like there was a Bluetooth connection to my phone (I was able to play music) but some part of PCM couldn't see the connection.

I parked the car in my garage overnight and by the next morning, CarPlay was back. Very odd.
I had this the other day (don’t have any other major software issues). I just shutdown the car, opened/closed the door 2 times to emulate the driver leaving and coming back, and then in appeared. So, a restart was needed.

overall, my car doesn’t have any major software issues, but random hiccups happen.

I do hear a rattle in the driver door on the non-ideal roads. Thought assembly quality is impeccable, but I don’t have any rattles in my BMW after a longer period of time. So, in my anecdotal case, BMW assembly quality (and software) wins over Porsche. Because of that, when it’s time to replace my SUV,I don’t consider Cayenne as an option at this moment, unless I hear that everything is impeccable.
Sponsored