Eisbärenhöhle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
... clearly too many of them
Country flag
Hi!

2 questions about speed :

Porsche always mentioned 0-100 is BELOW 3,5 sec ... now you mentioned that Porsche outplays Tesla ... even on 0-100 times?

- What are the real 0-100 times for Standard (4S),Turbo and Turbo S?

- Do we have to buy an option for getting highest acceleration (e.g. Boost function like Sport Chrono Plus)? ... (on all Taycan versions?)

Kind regards
Sponsored

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
89 Turbo, BMW M6 Competition, 87 Turbo SN, BMW X5, Turbo S, BMW 4, BMW 2, Audi A5
Country flag
I am curious to Dee's question #6 on the tire width. Will the Taycan be like the GT3 RS with 265 20" fronts and 325 21" rears? Thanks!

Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
Some more questions and Thanks in Advance!

1 - You mentioned several types of headlights? Major or just small differences between them ?(as far as design goes)
2 - From the low rez interior spy shot it appears there´s a dedicated digital display for the passenger. Can you confirm this and if so, what kind of stuff the passenger can do?
3 - Does the fully instrument digitial display is configurable (like several diferent themes) or similar to the current car´s that Porsche offer?
4 - Does the 992 shifter makes an appearance on the taycan?
5 - I´ve already asked about this some days ago but maybe i didnt asked the right way! I´ve asked about the digital display for the air con/heating fuctions! What i ment was the look (physical aspect) of the display (not the functions)! It´s something that we´ve already saw on other Porsche cars (like the misson e/mission e cross), VW Group (Lambo Hurracan Evo) or it´s something new.
6 - From the colors you saw, which one you think suits better the Taycan?

Kind Regards.

By the way, kinda disappointed that the Porsche lettering on the back isnt iluminated since that the promo video for the Taycan (including the small preview brochure) with the finished car had that!!!! It looked cool!

Porsche Taycan Taycan Q&A tay

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Will the production Taycan have additional creases in the bodywork which the mules are hiding?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Would you say the latest sketches that were sent in the mail are accurate to final production model?

FB_IMG_1559179184742.jpg
I think you can tell that yourself as these pics just illustrate what the mules look like now.
Correct me if I'm wrong but these mules are pre-production models so I don't think there will be more major changes in that design.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
I think you can tell that yourself as these pics just illustrate what the mules look like now.
Correct me if I'm wrong but these mules are pre-production models so I don't think there will be more major changes in that design.
to me the front looks different but I'm by no means an expert.

Reactions: Ron

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
89 Turbo, BMW M6 Competition, 87 Turbo SN, BMW X5, Turbo S, BMW 4, BMW 2, Audi A5
Country flag
I agree that the mules Do Not look like the sketches that Porsche sent out a couple of months ago. Will the final production model look more like the sketches? Thanks!

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I got another question:
It is said the Taycan has a two-speed gearbox.
I read somewhere it was there to give the motor(s) better efficiency at high speeds.
How does that work?
With a clutch or just a selective switch while you're stationary?
I really would be disappointed if they added a heavy clutch system...

OP
OP
PAG_J1

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
Hi!

2 questions about speed :

Porsche always mentioned 0-100 is BELOW 3,5 sec ... now you mentioned that Porsche outplays Tesla ... even on 0-100 times?

- What are the real 0-100 times for Standard (4S),Turbo and Turbo S?

- Do we have to buy an option for getting highest acceleration (e.g. Boost function like Sport Chrono Plus)? ... (on all Taycan versions?)

Kind regards
-I don't have the final numbers. But I assume that Porsche is trying to beat Tesla on 0-100km/h with the Turbo S model.
-I don't have any information on that.

I am curious to Dee's question #6 on the tire width. Will the Taycan be like the GT3 RS with 265 20" fronts and 325 21" rears? Thanks!
I don't have the final numbers but they look really close to the GT tires in terms of width.

Would you say the latest sketches that were sent in the mail are accurate to final production model?

FB_IMG_1559179184742.jpg
Front and rear are pretty close. But the overall car looks in these sketches too much like a Coupe version.

OP
OP
PAG_J1

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
Some more questions and Thanks in Advance!

1 - You mentioned several types of headlights? Major or just small differences between them ?(as far as design goes)
2 - From the low rez interior spy shot it appears there´s a dedicated digital display for the passenger. Can you confirm this and if so, what kind of stuff the passenger can do?
3 - Does the fully instrument digitial display is configurable (like several diferent themes) or similar to the current car´s that Porsche offer?
4 - Does the 992 shifter makes an appearance on the taycan?
5 - I´ve already asked about this some days ago but maybe i didnt asked the right way! I´ve asked about the digital display for the air con/heating fuctions! What i ment was the look (physical aspect) of the display (not the functions)! It´s something that we´ve already saw on other Porsche cars (like the misson e/mission e cross), VW Group (Lambo Hurracan Evo) or it´s something new.
6 - From the colors you saw, which one you think suits better the Taycan?

Kind Regards.

By the way, kinda disappointed that the Porsche lettering on the back isnt iluminated since that the promo video for the Taycan (including the small preview brochure) with the finished car had that!!!! It looked cool!

tay.jpg
1. Just small ones in terms of design.
2. Yes, the display will reach about half of the front passenger seat. I didn't tested the functions really.
3. I don't have informations on that.
4. Sorry I can't remember that.
5. As I said I didn't really tested the Display. What I can remember in terms of function-design is that it is close to the 2019 Porsche ones (992). Physical Design from the display itself will be different. Just look at the latest interior design shots (will be the same in the production car).

Will the production Taycan have additional creases in the bodywork which the mules are hiding?
Just minor ones. The bodywork is nearly the same as on the production car. I would say just with a bit more concrete rear.

I agree that the mules Do Not look like the sketches that Porsche sent out a couple of months ago. Will the final production model look more like the sketches? Thanks!
Overall bodywork more like the mules. Front and back is pretty close on the sketches.

I got another question:
It is said the Taycan has a two-speed gearbox.
I read somewhere it was there to give the motor(s) better efficiency at high speeds.
How does that work?
With a clutch or just a selective switch while you're stationary?
I really would be disappointed if they added a heavy clutch system...
That's totally true. It's added because of better efficiency and better performance.
I think with different selectable driving modes either just one gear is activated or 2 gears.
One gear is always activated for example at city speed and if you drive after that to the highway with more speed the second gear will be activated additional.
I don't know if it will be with a selective swith - didn't drove the Taycan till now.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
will the ‘turbo S’ be available from the beginning.....?

Reactions: Ron

Shoey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Diesel, Cayman GTS, BMW i3
Country flag
Any mention of when the EU mandated speed limiters (ISA) will start to be fitted? I understand they will be mandatory on all new vehicles given type approval sold from May 2022 onwards and models released prior to that date have to have them by May 2024. I wonder whether Porsche will fit/activate them slightly earlier on the assumption that the Taycan will already incorporate the necessary technology or whether they will leave it as late as possible. Cheers

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is too bad if the Taycan does not have it's aggressive stance with wide back and front fenders over the wheels like the Mission E. I think a lot of the deposits came from the overall look of the Taycan. Will there be outside noise to simulate an engine? I know the US is considering a bill for sound for safety with electric cars. Thanks!

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Also what kind of product lifecycle will the Taycan have? Will it have a normal 7 year lifecycle?
Sponsored