Taycan review articles

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
can’t recommend actually driving a Tesla model 3P for yourself instead of listening to the FUD. You might decide the significantly longer range is worth it. The performance is outstanding and they’re quite inexpensive compared to a Porsche. Or you might decide to wait for a Taycan anyway :)
Sponsored

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
The Tesla is a fantastic family sedan, that's not what I want. so I'll wait a month and see it with the tape off the taycan that plays tricks with your eyes. If it's boring I'll wait till someone gets the exterior right.

AlphaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Elise, Chevy Volt, Model X
Country flag
I hope the 234 miles estimated range cited from the C&D article on the test vehicle is “real world” and maybe an estimate based on previous combination of regular and high performance driving. Was hoping for both more efficiency and performance with the 2-speed Taycan drivetrain...

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
One approach Porsche could be taking here is a play out of Tesla’s book: State one range estimate and the gather telemetry from drivers for a few months, analyze, and then release a software update to update more range as they see how the batteries perform under real world driving conditions at scale. Granted, they’ve already tested the Taycan way more than Tesla has tested their cars, but I suspect they’ll release updates to adjust range. Apple did the same thing with their Watch - as there was more real world usage, they tweaked the algorithms that govern screen, processor and network usage to get more battery life after analyzing tons of telemetry. It’s the beauty of a software-enabled System that an EV relies on.
Sponsored