2020 Taycan 4S Reviews Are Here! (Articles & Videos)

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
That's not bad. Around 2 large journeys - or countless small ones - on a single charge
Well, I watched a few other vids due to the abnormal low rating of the EPA and it's more common that it's closer to 220-240.
That is after a few hard launches, quick cornering and some highway use.
Strange...
Still plenty enough for most people...at least in my country.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Well, I watched a few other vids due to the abnormal low rating of the EPA and it's more common that it's closer to 220-240.
That is after a few hard launches, quick cornering and some highway use.
Strange...
Still plenty enough for most people...at least in my country.
That's way more than enough - esp if you have the convenience to simply charge it at home.

I mean, practically, that would mean, say a birmingham to london M40 run, that's probably...comfortably one journey, at worst maybe you could find a charging spot in outskirts of London for a few hours to charge?

Speaking of motorway driving, the Taycan will probably be a beast on the fast lane of the M40

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Indeed.
I think when you own a Tesla it's a bit disappointing but still, those owners, or any other owner of an EV, knows they don't need that much range.
Maybe it's different in large countries outside Europe but overall range of modern EVs is sufficient.

The problem are those customers who don't know what it is to own an EV.
What I read, it's all about "not enough range" from people who still drive an ICE and want to buy an EV while this isn't really a problem in daily driving...
I guess you have to own an EV just to understand.
I mean, you don't compare ICEs by the size of the tank, do you?

I think people just don't know how much km/day they need.
They only focus on that 0,8% (3 days a year) of the time they need 300-400km/tank...
I mean, do you calculate, when you're at a petrol station, the km/day?
No, you calculate the km/tank, maybe even €/km but never km/day.

That's what makes it hard to accept an EV and it's range.
It takes a twist in thinking, not in adding more range.
I drive a BMW i3 as a daily and it has an incredible 130km of range....says it all.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Indeed.
I think when you own a Tesla it's a bit disappointing but still, those owners, or any other owner of an EV, knows they don't need that much range.
Maybe it's different in large countries outside Europe but overall range of modern EVs is sufficient.

The problem are those customers who don't know what it is to own an EV.
What I read, it's all about "not enough range" from people who still drive an ICE and want to buy an EV while this isn't really a problem in daily driving...
I guess you have to own an EV just to understand.
I mean, you don't compare ICEs by the size of the tank, do you?

I think people just don't know how much km/day they need.
They only focus on that 0,8% (3 days a year) of the time they need 300-400km/tank...
I mean, do you calculate, when you're at a petrol station, the km/day?
No, you calculate the km/tank, maybe even €/km but never km/day.

That's what makes it hard to accept an EV and it's range.
It takes a twist in thinking, not in adding more range.
I drive a BMW i3 as a daily and it has an incredible 130km of range....says it all.
the thing I see people struggle with is the understanding that the tank is always full in the morning. They still expect charging like filling gas once or twice a week and patterns of half and quarter full tanks. When I tell them they just plug it in like their phones, it’s weird. People genuinely don’t seem to grasp how liberating it is to never go to a gas station again. Charge at work or home, but regardless it’s a place you were going to go anyway, and the time to charge is idle time anyway

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
the thing I see people struggle with is the understanding that the tank is always full in the morning. They still expect charging like filling gas once or twice a week and patterns of half and quarter full tanks. When I tell them they just plug it in like their phones, it’s weird. People genuinely don’t seem to grasp how liberating it is to never go to a gas station again. Charge at work or home, but regardless it’s a place you were going to go anyway, and the time to charge is idle time anyway
Exactly.
Also, people don't realize a car stands still for most of the time.
At least for me, 22 hours a day...
I drive 50-80 km a day, 99,2% of the time...
Liberating, exactly. ;)

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Exactly.
Also, people don't realize a car stands still for most of the time.
At least for me, 22 hours a day...
I drive 50-80 km a day, 99,2% of the time...
Liberating, exactly. ;)
I have never owned a ev, but excited, my issue, would be running out of juice on a long trip, like being in a remote area out west, as I see more chargers being built that has gotten less, and I can see something like AAA having road side charging in the future. Future is looking cool

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have never owned a ev, but excited, my issue, would be running out of juice on a long trip, like being in a remote area out west, as I see more chargers being built that has gotten less, and I can see something like AAA having road side charging in the future. Future is looking cool
tesla has mobile chargers to cover broken charging stations. Pretty cool / bizarre. Imagine an 18 wheel rig filled with power station batteries.

but it’d be way easier to just tow your vehicle to a dc charger on a flat bed.
Sponsored