WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
What I meant to say: would a ct4 when using LC be as quick at the rad light as the ct4s without using it. I could live with that.
Although the CT4 in Launch Mode has nearly as much peak power as the CT4S not in LM, I'd guesstimate from available data (power, torque & acceleration times) that the 4S without LM would still be around 0.6 quicker to 100kph than the 4 with LM. But it's harder to maintain one's dignity when dashing to 100kph in less than 5 seconds ;) .
Sponsored

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
Would the CT 4 when using LC have the performance of a CT 4s without when when leaving at a red light?
Absolutely not. Porsche carefully adjusted the performance off the line to establish the RWD->4->4s->Turbo hierarchy. Once moving, the differences of e.g. RWD/4 to 4s are much smaller (e.g., compare 0-60 gap with 50-70).

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
This would be really interesting to know. I am between a CT 4 or 4s. I have a X5 45e now and primarily drive all electric (136 hp). Now and then I like to do some red light sprint but I am not a very sportive driver. More comfort oriented in general.
I tested a CT last week but they only had a 4s, which was plenty fast for me. Now I am in doubt I won’t regret buying a 4s. Tomorrow I am testing a sedan rwd this should be close to the CT 4.
Would the CT 4 when using LC have the performance of a CT 4s without when when leaving at a red light?
If you're mostly driving a X5 45e on battery only, any version of the Taycan is going to feel downright quick. I switched from a 4S sedan to a CT4, and don't miss the power difference at all. The CT4 is my daily driver and it has excellent passing power, and still is faster than 99% of ICE cars on the road.

Considering you said you're not a very sportive driver, I can't imagine you need to pony up the extra money to just go roughly half a second faster to 60.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Although the CT4 in Launch Mode has nearly as much peak power as the CT4S not in LM, I'd guesstimate from available data (power, torque & acceleration times) that the 4S without LM would still be around 0.6 quicker to 100kph than the 4 with LM. But it's harder to maintain one's dignity when dashing to 100kph in less than 5 seconds ;) .
So it comes down to if 1 second is worth 20 K essentially
If you're mostly driving a X5 45e on battery only, any version of the Taycan is going to feel downright quick. I switched from a 4S sedan to a CT4, and don't miss the power difference at all. The CT4 is my daily driver and it has excellent passing power, and still is faster than 99% of ICE cars on the road.

Considering you said you're not a very sportive driver, I can't imagine you need to pony up the extra money to just go roughly half a second faster to 60.
i think so too. Thanks for confirming. Probably I will be happier with a full optioned 4 CT that I can enjoy every day than a less optioned 4S that occasionally will make me happier winning red light sprint from a Tesla model 3.

AV7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I don’t see a specification box. Could it be for subscription or desktop version? Or I am not searching good enough.
Acceleration
Straight-line acceleration consists of three different tests: the standing start (from which we pull all the zero-to-speed times), the 5-to-60-mph rolling start, and two top-gear acceleration tests (30 to 50 mph and 50 to 70 mph). The rolling start is a C/D creation, in which we creep along at 5 mph and then accelerate as hard as possible. This test illuminates differences in powertrain flexibility.

Porsche Taycan Taycan RWD Acceleration without Launch Control Screenshot 2021-11-23 205329

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Acceleration
Straight-line acceleration consists of three different tests: the standing start (from which we pull all the zero-to-speed times), the 5-to-60-mph rolling start, and two top-gear acceleration tests (30 to 50 mph and 50 to 70 mph). The rolling start is a C/D creation, in which we creep along at 5 mph and then accelerate as hard as possible. This test illuminates differences in powertrain flexibility.

Screenshot 2021-11-23 205329.png
Many thanks !

Reactions: AV7

Zcd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Perf, Genesis GV60 Perf, Audi Q5 TDi
Country flag
I don’t see a specification box. Could it be for subscription or desktop version? Or I am not searching good enough.
Hmmm, I dunno.

It’s the last thing in the article before the comments. It’s too big for a screenshot…

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag

Tested the Taycan RWD today and indeed more than fast enough for me. Faster than my X5 and much better in corners. So a CT 4 it will be, with lots of options.
I tested the CT 4s and RWD both with air suspension and 20 inch wheels. The CT was more comfortable on the highway.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Tested the Taycan RWD today and indeed more than fast enough for me. Faster than my X5 and much better in corners. So a CT 4 it will be, with lots of options.
I tested the CT 4s and RWD both with air suspension and 20 inch wheels. The CT was more comfortable on the highway.
I agree. I love my CT, that little bit of added practicality and ride height make all the difference.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I have a '21 RWD with the PB. I have to say, though the red light punch does not put you into your seat, it is pretty quick and like someone said earlier, definitely leaves the ICE cars in your rear view. The area I notice the quickness is when you are doing 30ish and want to overtake someone or you just punch it. Very quickly you are going 70+ and many times higher; especially if on an on ramp or if on the highway. And with the car being quiet, you do not realize how fast you are going.
Sponsored