Taycan RWD

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Appreciate everyone’s thoughts. I once owned a Z3 and to this day is my favorite car I’ve owned. It handled like a dream, sat very low, convertible, and was super fun to drive. Except…it was slow off the line and also lacked the acceleration at higher speeds (sounds like the RWD doesn’t have this issue) and always wished I had the bigger engine Z3. So, as the Great White song goes - once bitten twice shy.

i’m leaning towards a CT4 bc it has a little more juice (see the Moto Man reviews of RWD and CT4) and a bit more practicality.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think this is quite a good comparison for those thinking about getting a RWD who are new to Porsche and hearing the RWD is a bit slow.

I just selected another very popular car for a performance comparison - MK 7 Golf R (which I have owned and was not slow).

You can see that the Taycan RWD is heavy off the line (0-100kmh) but pulls it back and quickly gets away by 160 and 200kmh.

Porsche Taycan Taycan RWD Screenshot_20210818-142448_Gallery

And the more relevant 80-120kmh figures:

4.3s for the Golf R​
2.3s for the Taycan 4S​
2.7s for RWD PB+​
3.0s RWD smaller battery​

Last edited:

DL UK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 545
Country flag
Hi Everybody. Just picked up my brand new Taycan MY21. It was ordered in April 21. Build slot was late July 21. Was built on 29th July 21. Sat at the factory until October. Delivered with a manual steering column and some missing phone prep items. I also noticed the mirrors on the car have the 3 yellow dots on the mirrors. I thought they were for blind spot assist which I didn’t order. Is that standard ?

I have owned over 20 911s, and have used a 992 for a while. The infotainment system is woefully glitchy. Unlike the 911. Why didn’t they fit the same infotainment system ?

Also I have noticed that the RWD sits higher. Is that true ? Or just my car ?

i put a big specification on it. Only wish I had gone with chalk seats.

9DDE0608-0A50-4B01-B67B-4FC300A01249.jpeg
I also added the electric. It is not too bad, but I wouldn’t do it again. By the way, ordered my RWD in early March and haven’t received yet. You are a lucky guy.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
I swapped out a Tesla M3P for the RWD, it certainly is slower initially but at anything over 60 the difference feels negligible, but it handles so much better. Corners I had to back off from or unsettled the Tesla are handled so easily in the Taycan, the air suspension is unbelievable in containing the weight. I now wave and laugh out loud at Tesla owners as I pass them knowing I am far superior……

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I swapped out a Tesla M3P for the RWD, it certainly is slower initially but at anything over 60 the difference feels negligible, but it handles so much better. Corners I had to back off from or unsettled the Tesla are handled so easily in the Taycan, the air suspension is unbelievable in containing the weight. I now wave and laugh out loud at Tesla owners as I pass them knowing I am far superior……
"There is no substitute...."

ismelllikepoop

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 T
Country flag
i wish there were more tests showing numbers without launch control.
Sponsored