First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, I3
Country flag
Dear fellow Taycan owners,

this is probably a silly post but I will still try.
I bought an “approved used” Taycan from a Porsche dealer. It’s 2020 and 35000 miles, so it should have had at least one service.

My problem is that I didn’t get any paperwork with the car - I guess it’s all done electronically these days? But how would I know what was done and prove it to the next owner? I found some “service” records in the pcm but they don’t say anything about what actually was done (eg brake fluid change?).
I emailed the dealer and he sent me a screenshot from their computer system that shows a minor service at 2 years in 2022.

but the car Shows next service in September 2025 (which seems to indicate they reset the service indicator as a part of sale prep).

my concerns are that it’s all inconsistent with what dealer says and what car shows, and they didn’t really provide any confirmation of actual service history that i could show when selling the car.

What should be the reasonable expectations here?..
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
pretty sure they put a stamp in the service book

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
The first service would have been a brake fluid flush. If you’re that concerned, just flush it and enjoy the car.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Talk to the dealer.

Be polite, express what you've noted above. They'll sort it/answer queries.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
pretty sure they put a stamp in the service book
AFAIK there's been no physical record for Porsches of recent vintage (I wonder how helpful dealers are about sharing records on vehicles being sold by others).
EDIT- I stand corrected

Last edited:

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
AFAIK there's been no physical record for Porsches of recent vintage (I wonder how helpful dealers are about sharing records on vehicles being sold by others).
Not correct I think.
Mine is updated and stamped in this booklet.

edit. also has the service campaigns/recalls input / stamped too.

Porsche Taycan Taycan service history “proof”? 1700922099630

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Not correct I think.
Mine is updated and stamped in this booklet.

edit. also has the service campaigns/recalls input / stamped too.

1700922099630.jpeg
I'll take your word for that, I assume my book is with the user manual in the glove box.
My only experience of a service was with my Cayenne, I probably missed the stamping because the only memorable thing about my visit was encountering their new Taycan CT demonstrator.

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
@alexsas - We are in very similar situation. I purchased a 34k mile old 2021 Taycan 4CT wagon from a BMW/Mini dealership that had 1x prior owner. They did not have any original paperwork, so the only details about the service I could find was that it had been reset in the car's PCM. When I contacted my local dealer they were not able to assist, and CarFax report had some limited data. I did not contact the dealer who had performed prior service, however, as I felt that it would perhaps not offer me any peace of mind.

Reality is that every 2 years these cars require an inspection, but that is really it. And in my personal opinion the brake fluid flush is something I'd only do if the car felt like it needed it. So a cabin filter every 2 years, wiper blades as needed, brake fluid as needed (I might do it every 5 years personally, but not less). Service data is not shared, but RECALL data is -- so my local dealer was able to see 2x open campaigns that had not been performed.

For the peace of mind I did spend a small fee to have them assess the car. Beyond tire depth, they checked brake pad life, and overall road worthiness. They also performed the two open service bulletins (one was for the front sensor bracket (WNE0) and the other was the latest software update (WPN9), both at no charge since car is under warranty. It was $305 USD for the inspection, which was probably overkill and not needed here.

I did find the booklets in my car but found no evidence they had been "stamped" as people talked about. Do dealers really still do that? I think that is a thing of the past. But for me the bottom line is the next owner will be 3rd owner, and I personally do not feel that service history on EVs as as crucial. So long as the car drives ok, and has reasonable tires, electric cars should not need anything major for the first many years. I don't see having proof of service every 20k miles/2years having huge value impact, personally.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'll take your word for that, I assume my book is with the user manual in the glove box.
My only experience of a service was with my Cayenne, I probably missed the stamping because the only memorable thing about my visit was encountering their new Taycan CT demonstrator.
The only memorable part of my service visit was being gouged for extras once they’d got the car!

I’d assumed it would be all online, but I noticed on a recall booking confirm a request to leave the service manual on the passenger seat. Hence I discovered I had one.

Derip88

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Dear fellow Taycan owners,

this is probably a silly post but I will still try.
I bought an “approved used” Taycan from a Porsche dealer. It’s 2020 and 35000 miles, so it should have had at least one service.

My problem is that I didn’t get any paperwork with the car - I guess it’s all done electronically these days? But how would I know what was done and prove it to the next owner? I found some “service” records in the pcm but they don’t say anything about what actually was done (eg brake fluid change?).
I emailed the dealer and he sent me a screenshot from their computer system that shows a minor service at 2 years in 2022.

but the car Shows next service in September 2025 (which seems to indicate they reset the service indicator as a part of sale prep).

my concerns are that it’s all inconsistent with what dealer says and what car shows, and they didn’t really provide any confirmation of actual service history that i could show when selling the car.

Well my dealer said that this first real service is at 6 years (60,000km) and that a minor comprobation of everything working well will be done at 10,000km
So it’s 35,000m and 16,000m you let me know if this helps

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
I only have digital records in the car’s PCM (did not get any manual or service book), worryingly both of the two services were entered incorrectly each time (10-15k miles out). Had to show the dealership with their own paperwork to demonstrate the error, they have offered to correct it. So check your PCM service records carefully!

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
... my concerns are that it’s all inconsistent with what dealer says and what car shows, and they didn’t really provide any confirmation of actual service history that i could show when selling the car.

The Audi dealer I purchased my Taycan from provides free Carfax reports and it showed complete sales, registration, and maintenence history including even the recalls and TSBs done on the car. On my previous RS5 they were able to look up and provide me its complete maintenence history, as long as it was done at an Audi dealership.

I would hope Porsche is the same and their service advisor could verify all the work performed if it was done within the Porsche network.

Good luck with your search.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I only have digital records in the car’s PCM (did not get any manual or service book), worryingly both of the two services were entered incorrectly each time (10-15k miles out). Had to show the dealership with their own paperwork to demonstrate the error, they have offered to correct it. So check your PCM service records carefully!
Where are those pls? I noticed my car (just serviced) throwing a message that it needs another air filter.... So wonder what else isn't right.

OP
OP

alexsas

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, I3
Country flag
just an update as I am only now back to the car. I am an idiot: the stamped book is in the glove box, and the history records are all in the PCM menu, including details of what was done.
Sponsored