First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Yes only on new ICE model purchases.
This actually makes sense to me. I mean, theoretically, EVs should require a lot less maintenance than an ICE car. The first recommended maintenance on the Taycan is 2 years or 20k miles. Even the brakes should last much longer without maintenance. What ICE car could you drive for 2 years before doing any maintenance?

Dealers are struggling with the low maintenance of EVs. After all, maintenance is a major moneymaker for them. I'm not suggesting that the costs quoted aren't high, but over time it would seem our ICE cars will cost a lot more for maintenance even with the high costs I'm seeing quoted for the first maintenance.

P.S. As an interesting aside, way back when, 1970s, when I was still doing most of my own maintenance, a friend asked me to look at her car to see if I could tell why it was smoking and seemed to be losing power. It was a Ford Pinto. The first thing I checked was the oil, which was low and had the consistency of very very thick molasses. I asked her when the last time she had changed the oil. The answer: never. The car had over 100k miles. I put some oil in and told her it was time to trade it in ;-) It would probably have made a good Ford commercial.

I actually owned a Pinto at the time, go ahead and make fun ;-) Cragar mags, eight Track and all.
Porsche Taycan First Service 1647994874147
Sponsored

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Dealers are struggling with the low maintenance of EVs. After all, maintenance is a major moneymaker for them. I'm not suggesting that the costs quoted aren't high, but over time it would seem our ICE cars will cost a lot more for maintenance even with the high costs I'm seeing quoted for the first maintenance.
At least dealers are making some $ with warranty repairs, battery replacements, other misc. repairs that may require dealer only.

After the 4y/50k warranty period is another story. Tires and brakes can only generate so much income.

Kortin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Who has had the first 20,000 Mile/30,000 km service done and what did you pay for it? I had a dealer quote $1,000 for a pollen filter change and brake flush plus an "inspection". A brake flush for my wife's AMG GT was $200 and I can do the cabin air filter myself so that seems a bit steep.
Yes, it's too expensive. I am sure it's easy to find more affordable service. For example, look for auto services near you here https://nicelocal.com/nearme/autoservice/ , it may help to find the best option. But also, don't forget to check reviews in order to avoid bad service and high prices.

Last edited:

swhsv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Who has had the first 20,000 Mile/30,000 km service done and what did you pay for it? I had a dealer quote $1,000 for a pollen filter change and brake flush plus an "inspection". A brake flush for my wife's AMG GT was $200 and I can do the cabin air filter myself so that seems a bit steep.
Sadly, that seems to be par for the course - a friend had a similar service (+ oil change) for a Panamera and it was $1,400…

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
This actually makes sense to me. I mean, theoretically, EVs should require a lot less maintenance than an ICE car. The first recommended maintenance on the Taycan is 2 years or 20k miles. Even the brakes should last much longer without maintenance. What ICE car could you drive for 2 years before doing any maintenance?

P.S. As an interesting aside, way back when, 1970s, when I was still doing most of my own maintenance, a friend asked me to look at her car to see if I could tell why it was smoking and seemed to be losing power. It was a Ford Pinto. The first thing I checked was the oil, which was low and had the consistency of very very thick molasses. I asked her when the last time she had changed the oil. The answer: never. The car had over 100k miles. I put some oil in and told her it was time to trade it in ;-) It would probably have made a good Ford commercial.

I actually owned a Pinto at the time, go ahead and make fun ;-) Cragar mags, eight Track and all.
1647994874147.png
Interesting, I can’t find the “Gas, grass or ass, no one rides for free” sticker on your Pinto’s window! But seriously, for its time that was not such a bad ride. It actually looks better than some of the garbage being sold today.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Sadly, that seems to be par for the course - a friend had a similar service (+ oil change) for a Panamera and it was $1,400…
Porsche seems to engineer their cars to extract high maintenance costs from its customers. I had brake pads replaced on my Panamera for $2000 earlier this month. I am still livid. If this had happened before I placed my Taycan order, I likely would not have purchased it. I will be on the lookout in future for this kind of intentional gouging. I am ok to pay a bit of a premium for OEM service but not to be taken advantage of.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Here is a copy of my post on carpokes.com . . .

For many 1st time electric vehicle owners, it is a bit unclear what does a service visit cover and what does it cost. The biggest difference between a Porsche EV and a Porsche ICE car is the service interval. The Taycan is serviced every 2 years instead of every year.

Items that involve actual parts are mainly the pollen filter and the brake fluid. Everything else is mostly visual inspections. The total cost for my visit was $774.74 before tax. When I dropped off the car the service advisor asked if I wanted the wiper blades changed (if necessary). Mine were in pretty good shape so I wanted to see if they would take advantage to add another $90 or so to the bill. The service department did not which was a pleasant surprise.

While $775 might seem high for a pollen filter and brake fluid change, when spread over 2 years, it is the cheapest service visit I have had with any of my Porsches. When coupled with the fact that I have only spent $0.33 in charging expenses since October when I drove the Taycan up to Connecticut (this even includes the cost of the 1000 mile trip from GA to CT) the Taycan is a bargain to run.

Porsche Taycan First Service 20220617_143703

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
I'm due for mine this week. My dealer quoted $875 all inclusive of tax/fees/etc, I got them down to $500, which is still overpriced. However, they are currently working on the car anyway and its easiest to just let them do it.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I'm due for mine this week. My dealer quoted $875 all inclusive of tax/fees/etc, I got them down to $500, which is still overpriced. However, they are currently working on the car anyway and its easiest to just let them do it.
Can you share how you got them down to 500?

kwanyu

First Name
Kwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Audi Q7, M235 conv., Z4
Country flag
Which dealer did you end up going with? (I'm in the South Bay Area too)

JJTO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911S Cab; '97 NSX; BMW X5, Suburban
Country flag
I'm bringing mine in for the update and 1st service next week and I was quoted $900 for the service.

JJTO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911S Cab; '97 NSX; BMW X5, Suburban
Country flag
Yea, I had to negotiate it down. I used the fact they are always soooooooo slow to get them to agree
I will have to try to negotiate it down although they are picking up the car and bringing me a loaner.

action-ant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Fremont is who we used. They agreed to do it for $500
Did the invoice have an itemized breakdown of part cost vs labor? Service was brake flush and pollen filter and checks?
Sponsored