Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
The ASG unit controls power to and from the HV battery. It unlocks all the power in every other variant so I can't see why I wouldn't for the RWD.

You can email them to ask just to be certain.

I can speak for my car which is basically a Taycan Turbo. The temperature doesn't matter, but over 80% SOC you get max power, 25% and under you get 75% power and drops as the SOC goes lower level.
Can you notice a difference between 50-80% battery?
Sponsored

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
I'm trying to gather Taycan and E-Tron GT owners in Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire to have Redshift in California do the horse power upgrade for us. Its a 1 hour process and we are thinking the weekend of 2/24/24, 2/25/24

Details are here:
https://www.redshift-performance.com/taycan

You can DM me or contact Redshift directly with any questions
My understanding is:
  • Almost certainly detectable by a Porsche technician, but only if they were to REALLY look for it.
  • Blocks software upgrades of that specific Taycan module while present, so you'd not want to take your Taycan in for an upgrade that "touches" that specific module while the tune was installed. Porsche isn't going to OTA update a motor controller, so we're talking major dealer update only, if any.
  • Quickly and easily reversible by Redshift in case you did need to get that module updated by Porsche. Super easy to do if you are in the local area, FedEx logistics if you are far away. I believe that they offer to do it "for free" if it's needed, likely because they think the odds of Porsche upgrading that module are quite low.
  • Would, I am sure, cause Porsche to invalidate a warranty if they could reasonably say that the tuning caused some failure. This probably means that only the battery warranty is at significant risk. If your battery fails in some unique way, you turn in the car with the tune installed, Porsche notices the tune, and says the failure was or likely was caused by the tuning, then they would likely refuse to fix it for free. The odds of this happening? Pretty darn low.

Last edited:

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
Ugh. This is very, very tempting. 😭 At least with ICE power mods (downpipes, intakes, tuning license), I can get some of the money back by selling when going back to stock. With this, I'm out $3500.

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Ugh. This is very, very tempting. 😭 At least with ICE power mods (downpipes, intakes, tuning license), I can get some of the money back by selling when going back to stock. With this, I'm out $3500.
It's less than 3% of the cars value so I see it as a good ROI.
Definitely it won't help the resale value

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Surely a 600hp 4 is worth more than a mere ~360hp one, come resale time? Not 3.5k, but more than $20.

Put another way: 4 and 4s have identical hardware; difference new was ~17k (identical spec, iirc), so this is a (sort of) bargain.

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
$3500 bucks for 1/10th. of a second. I'll pass,
It's more than 1 full second, or 10 cars. On a 4s closer to 1.5 seconds
I meant 50% to 80% SOC times are .1 to .2sec difference

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Surely a 600hp 4 is worth more than a mere ~360hp one, come resale time? Not 3.5k, but more than $20.

Put another way: 4 and 4s have identical hardware; difference new was ~17k (identical spec, iirc), so this is a (sort of) bargain.
The real bargain is the GTS. Same 100-200km as the Turbo and the Turbo S.

AV7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
What are the effects on warranty, and is the RWD PB+ model eligible?
This is their response on RWD, no word on price

'Hi, yes we can also tune the RWD Taycan. We have not done measurements yet but we increase the available peak power by about 15-20% and make this available at all time, not just during launch control'

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag

In the UK you'd be lucky to get anyone to touch the car used unless it was a lot cheaper. Ability to get a warranty would be zero, which would radically reduce the market.

vaelin

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 RS, G550, EQS580+
Country flag
I'm about 3 months away from out-of-warranty.. so this is tempting.

But so is the refreshed Turbo S or rumored GT.
Sponsored