Taycan Turbo Spec

DP30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover SVR, M6
Country flag
Hi All,

I have a spec for the taycan turbo below. It needs to be locked in in the next 7 days and wondering what your thoughts are and if you would change anything or remove anything and overall what you think?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLC65PZ7

Thanks
Sponsored

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
The 150DC charger facility is questionable as it appears to be only of use in mainland Europe where they have chargers at that kw and hence benefit from that optimal extra (search the forum for more opinions on this)
I’ve left it off my Turbo spec which locks down mid Dec (I’ve been driving a 4S since July)

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
The 150DC charger facility is questionable as it appears to be only of use in mainland Europe where they have chargers at that kw and hence benefit from that optimal extra (search the forum for more opinions on this)
I’ve left it off my Turbo spec which locks down mid Dec (I’ve been driving a 4S since July)
FWIW: The 150DC is required in Republic of Ireland too - there are a lot of 150kWH chargers planned by ESB over next year or two and they have confirmed to me that they will run at 400V.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
FWIW: The 150DC is required in Republic of Ireland too - there are a lot of 150kWH chargers planned by ESB over next year or two and they have confirmed to me that they will run at 400V.
well that might encourage me to add it to my Turbo spec. Darn all use on my 4S where charging at anything other than IONITY super chargers was tedious (Cork Kerry and Limerick were a problem)
Have you a link where I can read more?

(50kw charging is a pain for Taycan owners - 150kw would mean 30/45mins would add 125 - 140 miles (200-225km) bearable when 50kw applies a long stay penalty for visits >45mins)

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Had a look at the spec. I would consider the Adaptive Cruise Control, it brings along a lot of safety features (Porsche Active Safe).

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Hi All,

I have a spec for the taycan turbo below. It needs to be locked in in the next 7 days and wondering what your thoughts are and if you would change anything or remove anything and overall what you think?

Thanks
How come the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect is a £767 included option on this build? If you start a new configuration in the UK, it's included as a £0 option. I can't work that out, unless you've created it on a non-UK configurator perhaps?

OP
OP

DP30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover SVR, M6
Country flag
How come the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect is a £767 included option on this build? If you start a new configuration in the UK, it's included as a £0 option. I can't work that out, unless you've created it on a non-UK configurator perhaps?
Thanks for that, the dealer sent this through directly to me and quoted the final price on the builder that you looked at. I will go back to them and state mobile charger should be a free option.

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Great spec, options wise very similar to mine. I would personally add innodrive and LCA. If you want to negate the price difference take off PDCC. It’s only needed if you drive hard all the time.

definitely add the storage pack, it’s cheap and useful

alsothe vehicle key in body colour you can buy from eBay for 5.99. If you want to go for it I say get the key in leather rather than exterior colour.

leave the 150kw thing. It’s cheap and useful for resale

TaycanCM14

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Sport, Audi SQ5, Taycan 4S (December 2020)
Country flag
I think it was a forced temporary option because the normal mobile charger was unavailable. I think that’s what my dealer said. Maybe they are back in stock now so you have to pay for the Mobile charger connect.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
I think it was a forced temporary option because the normal mobile charger was unavailable. I think that’s what my dealer said. Maybe they are back in stock now so you have to pay for the Mobile charger connect.
possibly, but if you just go straight to the configurator from the main Porsche website it appears at zero cost on MY2021 cars.

OP
OP

DP30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover SVR, M6
Country flag
possibly, but if you just go straight to the configurator from the main Porsche website it appears at zero cost on MY2021 cars.
I get it for free as well so it should be as per the configurator online.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Hi All,

Thanks
Really nice spec :)

I would change the Privacy glass to:
- Thermally and noise insulated glass including privacy glass
You will appreciate the quietness and your sound system will sound better.

I would also add:
- Adaptive cruise control
With that option you can always later on add the innodrive as a software update.

- Comfort Access
A really nice feature that you will use every time you use the car. You will smile every time the door handles pop out to greet you :)

- Accent package
Gives the interior some more details.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Is HUD not available there? I don’t see it as an option on your build, but it should be available for 2021 cars. If so, I would add that.