Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine went into production 2 days earlier than anticipated on 07/20 and, as of today, I still haven't received notice of production completion so it's been 9 days on the purported assembly line. I thought this was a bit long relative to what others have experienced but I simply chalked it up to my luck and the possibility that they dropped one of my screws and cant seem to find it...
TYD is not always the most accurate..... if you have questions about status have your sales guys check the PSVM system. If your allocation was for a '21 your vehicle will be a '21.
Sponsored

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Mine went into production 2 days earlier than anticipated on 07/20 and, as of today, I still haven't received notice of production completion so it's been 9 days on the purported assembly line. I thought this was a bit long relative to what others have experienced but I simply chalked it up to my luck and the possibility that they dropped one of my screws and cant seem to find it...
Probably because the factory is currently shut down for the mid year European production holiday.

It's supposed to resume in August and my understanding is any cars being assembled after the factory reopens are supposed to be assigned 2022 MY VINs but I can't guarantee that.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
So mine went to production started 7/27. It has a production complete estimate of 8/27. Is that a sandbagged estimate, and would you expect it to complete in a couple days? Or is that because the factory is closing down for MY switchover, and mine will be halfway done. If that's the case, will it be a '21 or '22?
Some others have already looked into this matter: it seems if your car production has commenced before the mid year factory shut down, it was likely assigned a 2021 VIN and will therefore be a 2021 spec MY car.

However the interesting question is for cars assigned a 2021 MY build slot but production doesn't start until well into the model year changeover, will those be reassigned as MY 2022?

For example my CT 4S production schedule has been delayed a few times and has now been pushed back to late August/early Sept.

I'll update the group here if that is indeed the case.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Mine went into production 2 days earlier than anticipated on 07/20 and, as of today, I still haven't received notice of production completion so it's been 9 days on the purported assembly line. I thought this was a bit long relative to what others have experienced but I simply chalked it up to my luck and the possibility that they dropped one of my screws and can't seem to find it...
Mine started 7/7 and complete 7/13 for reference.

farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag
If any one is waiting on Grand Sapphire... it has reached Benicia.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 1627573116335

Now I wonder how long will it take for customs etc to release the vehicles.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you remember if your TYD had a ~month or so estimate, or if it estimated 1 week?
Mine happened so fast and honestly, it took Porsche 2 weeks to get me my TYD email. So by the time I had access it was already built.

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Some others have already looked into this matter: it seems if your car production has commenced before the mid year factory shut down, it was likely assigned a 2021 VIN and will therefore be a 2021 spec MY car.

However the interesting question is for cars assigned a 2021 MY build slot but production doesn't start until well into the model year changeover, will those be reassigned as MY 2022?

For example my CT 4S production schedule has been delayed a few times and has now been pushed back to late August/early Sept.

I'll update the group here if that is indeed the case.
The summer factory shutdown does not correlate with the model year changeover. MY'22 Taycans are scheduled to start arriving in early to mid-November in the US. So once they resume they should still be building MY'21 Taycans for a while. The changeover to MY'22 911s occurred some time ago, and those are due to start arriving in the US in mid to late-August and that changeover was not associated with a closing down of the assembly line.

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Siem Aristotle appears to be "off the grid" again. Yikes.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Siem Aristotle appears to be "off the grid" again. Yikes.
I know! I am thinking that is why it is stuck in port. With AIS issues, they cannot sail.

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I know! I am thinking that is why it is stuck in port. With AIS issues, they cannot sail.
I'm not thinking it's an issue with the AIS - that's just sending a signal from the ship and the ship is brand new. I'm thinking they're shutting everything down on the ship which would be for mechanical issues. No way to know either way, just speculating.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
While we wait for the Siem Aristotle to leave Emden, while searching for any news on the ship, I found this You Tube on the ship and the first car in the video is a Taycan.