Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Mine is my first EV.

It is also my first Porsche.

Every time I get in it I smile. It feels like driving the future.

I moved back close to where I grew up and now drive the same roads I used to in my clapped out 1976 Celica back in c1984. The memories and flashbacks to that time are very vivid.

I used to dream then of owning a Porsche one day.

Sometimes a huge grin crosses my face and I say out loud to myself 'hey d1ckhead - you've done ok'.

The 38 year wait was totally worth it!

I am also well aware that 2 back tyres now cost more than the whole car did then. 😂

But I also miss being a young idiot - with my 3 best friends from those days - who are no longer here.

Porsche Taycan Taycan - Worth the Wait? 20211029_073402

Porsche Taycan Taycan - Worth the Wait? 20210915_175554

Last edited:

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
It’s the best car I’ve ever had in my life. It’s also the most maddening car I’ve ever had in my life. When it works, it’s sublime. I just wish it worked more often.

Reactions: B61

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
So I have managed to secure a place in the waitlist line for an allocation for a GTS Sport Turismo. Have demand orders at a few dealers, hoping for a July / Aug allocation. ETA of the actual car wont be until at least 10 to 12 months... Im sure many of you had similar wait times.

So the question is simple - now that you have your Taycans - was the wait worth it?
Personally I'm 10 months into waiting for a Taycan Turbo CT, with no concrete date estimate, not even an allocation. At the rate of production of last 12 months, I got 3 or more years to go. So I cannot really tell you if it's worth it, but I can tell you that 10 months in, I am starting to get bored of waiting, and after all the time I spent learning about the car, it's almost starting to look "old" to me. You know, like after you own a car for a couple of years, seeing the design every day makes it look dated. That said, I'm still waiting, but no longer as eagerly as before. Also looking for a possible alternative car to buy.

I can tell you that a performance EV on the other hand is definitely a great experience. Once you go EV, you will have a hard time going back to ICE cars. I've been driving performance EVs for almost a decade.

As a side note, this is a Taycan forum so answers to your questions are going to be very heavily biased. People who don't think it's worth it are probably not here to respond to you. For example, if I decide it's not worth the wait, I doubt I will be logging in here much, if at all.

Last edited:

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Worth every frustrating minute of the 359 days I had to wait just did my first 1000m road trip lots of rookie charging errors but wow what a car

B4833FEA-51CE-4DD0-B82D-D0EBA89AC8AB.jpeg
Looks great but green plate just doest look right with car colour

OP
OP

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GTS ST (on order), '22 Macan, Cirrus SR22
Country flag
Yes, my car took several moths arrive. . It was supposed to be on the Felicity Ace, the ship that caught fire and sank. Fortunately, Porsche was wrong on their info. And my car was later shipped on another ship, un burned. Great car, fast, fit and finish to notch.

IMG_3433 (1).jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg
Wow thats a gorgeous spec! Love it.

OP
OP

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Personally I'm 10 months into waiting for a Taycan Turbo CT, with no concrete date estimate, not even an allocation. At the rate of production of last 12 months, I got 3 or more years to go. So I cannot really tell you if it's worth it, but I can tell you that 10 months in, I am starting to get bored of waiting, and after all the time I spent learning about the car, it's almost starting to look "old" to me. You know, like after you own a car for a couple of years, seeing the design every day makes it look dated. That said, I'm still waiting, but no longer as eagerly as before. Also looking for a possible alternative car to buy.

I can tell you that a performance EV on the other hand is definitely a great experience. Once you go EV, you will have a hard time going back to ICE cars. I've been driving performance EVs for almost a decade.

As a side note, this is a Taycan forum so answers to your questions are going to be very heavily biased. People who don't think it's worth it are probably not here to respond to you. For example, if I decide it's not worth the wait, I doubt I will be logging in here much, if at all.
Thats ridiculous that you have waited 10 months with no allocation yet. Do you have your name on several dealers' lists or just one? I have my name on a couple, hoping to see who can get me an allo first. So you might wanna try that. I was told that I could expect an allocation by September - but I dont know whether that will happen or not, as dealers could always bump me for one of their other clients... So we'll see.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Thats ridiculous that you have waited 10 months with no allocation yet. Do you have your name on several dealers' lists or just one? I have my name on a couple, hoping to see who can get me an allo first. So you might wanna try that. I was told that I could expect an allocation by September - but I dont know whether that will happen or not, as dealers could always bump me for one of their other clients... So we'll see.
Yep, have had my name down with a bunch of dealers since almost the beginning. There just haven't been that many allocations. Some of the dealers report never having sold a single Turbo CT ever. Originally I was also told September (last year) by one dealer, and another being more cautious said October/November for allocation. All those dates have passed, now they just tell me "no idea, we'll let you know if we get one for you".

I hope you get your allocation.

OP
OP

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, have had my name down with a bunch of dealers since almost the beginning. There just haven't been that many allocations. Some of the dealers report never having sold a single Turbo CT ever. Originally I was also told September (last year) by one dealer, and another being more cautious said October/November for allocation. All those dates have passed, now they just tell me "no idea, we'll let you know if we get one for you".
Are you looking for a Turbo CT? If so, one of the dealers that I have my name on tred to upsell me on an allocation he has *now* for one. I didnt want it because I want a GTS ST. If you would like his info, I can PM you.

f.

TroopStormer

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s otw
Country flag

Im in the same boat and have the exact same feelings. 5 months after paying deposit, no allocation. Was told I would have it end of q3 latest but not happening now. Have placed a deposit down for another car that will come at the end of this year so if I don’t get an allocation by September, I’m cancelling .

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Im in the same boat and have the exact same feelings. 5 months after paying deposit, no allocation. Was told I would have it end of q3 latest but not happening now. Have placed a deposit down for another car that will come at the end of this year so if I don’t get an allocation by September, I’m cancelling .
I paid a deposit 10 months ago and have just been told the car is due to go into production at the end of May and be at Sheerness docks at the end of July, so probably 13 months from deposit to pickup for my CT 4S.
I haven’t had a Porsche before but went to the dealer chain who looked after my Mercedes and Ferrari in the hope I would be seen as some sort of regular customer…

Asu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nothing
Country flag

If I don’t get allocation in next few months, I’ll just give up on the wait n get a pre build ones. It won’t be how I like it but at least I would have one to cruise around with

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
It’s the best car I’ve ever had in my life. It’s also the most maddening car I’ve ever had in my life. When it works, it’s sublime. I just wish it worked more often.
My works every day, all the time…and I‘m not being frustrated when CarPlay doesn’t work…i simoly switch to built in AppleMusic…
as others said: the most beautiful car and it always makes me smile :clap:
Sponsored