Terrible first Porsche Delivery experience

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry to hear. I can't imagine getting that call—I would be furious ?

As someone who was cross-shopping the G80 M3 (I used to own an F80 M3 Competition and absolutely loved it), my advice would be to give Porsche one more chance to make things right. I've been a Bimmer fan since I was kid, but I agree with you; electrification is the future and the BMW i4 is just not it. Conversely, the Taycan is my first Porsche and they nailed it. I can't imagine going with anything else at this point.

That isn't to say Porsche is flawless. Clearly, based on your experience, they have work to do. Personally, my hope is that Porsche also improves their software and Electrify America charging network becomes just as robust and reliable as the Tesla Supercharger network.
Sponsored

Cv009900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Your not the only one that had terrible communication coming from a official Porsche dealership.

im starting to notice this is a common thing coming from NA Porsche dealerships right now.

Sadly will stay clear from them for a little right now.

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
They offered to pay for the flight back to Houston and rental car in Atlanta. But, due to the busy season and hardly any rental cars available we had to wait at the airport 2 hrs (with grumpy kids)to receive our rental. I just told my wife to Uber to hotel and I will get the rental and come. The dealer is sending me a loaner today and will delivery the Taycan when it arrives and the upgrade is performed.
All said, the experience at PEC- Atlanta was amazing and was able to drive an 4S on the track and burn a lot of rubber :). The lunch at the restaurant after the "supposed to be" new car delivery experience was amazing and made up for some of the disappointment.
Can't wait to sit in the car I ordered and put all this behind...
Turn a lemon into a lemonade and visit the Atlanta Aquarium. Truly a visit that you will not forget!

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
S#$T happens. Better to have all the updates installed before you pick up your new Taycan. Once you drive it you'll forget the delay.

OP
OP
Tunu43

Tunu43

First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 428i grand coupe, Honda Odyssey, BMW Z4
Country flag
S#$T happens. Better to have all the updates installed before you pick up your new Taycan. Once you drive it you'll forget the delay.
Absolutely! I know that . Once I have my car all will be forgotten and forgiven ( maybe ) ?

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
What happens to all the surveys sent to customers by PCNA? Do these negative ratings fall on deaf ears?

OP
OP
Tunu43

Tunu43

First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 428i grand coupe, Honda Odyssey, BMW Z4
Country flag
What happens to all the surveys sent to customers by PCNA? Do these negative ratings fall on deaf ears?
Someone from PCNA is in constant touch with me now. Giving updates and working with the dealer if any additional issues. Just got an email about the status of my Taycan. They do listen to negative reviews and are apologetic, but not sure if they can or do anything about it. Glad they didn’t deliver the car and then we get stuck in middle of nowhere while driving back.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I took my 718 delivery at PEC Atlanta. Sorry to hear about the poor communication. But I can tell you from experience that you & your family will be treated like a visiting head of state. The tours, dining experience and of course the track are top, top notch.

I drove home to PA over two day via Skyline Drive. that didn’t suck, either.?

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I understand electric and software is new for Porsche and as time goes by they might get it right. I guess for us (the early adopters) it's a pain you have to live with and hope at some point they will get their act together...
Wrong.
Electric since 2010 for the Cayenne Hybrid
Software: PCM, first generation 1998

Go enjoy driving the Taycan and worry a little bit less about the quirks.
Sponsored