• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

TeslaTap Mini 60 Amp GROUP BUY

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
HI:

Anyone interested in a group buy for the Tesla Tap Mini? I'm discussing with the manufacturer and they would like to know the interest level. Discount TBD.

Please holler so I can include you in the count.

Thanks.

Porsche Taycan TeslaTap Mini 60 Amp GROUP BUY 1629205206538
Sponsored

OP
OP
KTC

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am but would prefer the 80amp of possible.
Thanks. Great suggestion, we can definitely tally up those who are interested in 60A vs 80A and I'll send the quantities to the manufacturer.

Unless folks specify otherwise, I'll assume interest is in 60A.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
NOTE: 80 amp is _ONLY_ required if your Taycan has the 19.2 kW charging option - otherwise 60 is more than sufficient

the only other reason to get the 80 AMP is for future vehicle compatibility - Lucid Air for example offers/comes-with 19.2 kW L2 AC charger

otherwise for most people the 60 amp is more than sufficient

I would be interested in this and it's a great idea - but I have sooooo many TeslaTaps I don't need another one.

enjoy everyone - this should be part of every serious EV owner's "kit" so they can charge where ever they happen to be.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Def in the market to get one but as my car is not due until Jan was in no hurry :) - assuming they don't upgrade this is some magical way before then, I too am interested (60A as, as Daveo4EV says, the 80A not really nec).

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
This would let me plug into a Tesla charger? (I understand superchargers don't work).

OP
OP
KTC

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This would let me plug into a Tesla charger? (I understand superchargers don't work).
This would let you charge via the Tesla destination chargers at many hotels, etc.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
correct - this allows _ANY_ J-1772 based (north american) plug-in EV/PHEV to charge - I routinely use my Tesla Taps with my: Bolt, Cayenne, Taycan, eTron SUV, Volt, Leaf etc…

Tesla L2 chargers _ARE_ full J-1772 chargers -just with the wrong shaped plug. so this adapter simply bridges the existing 5-wires inside a Tesla L2 charger to the correct 5-wires in the J-1772

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
This would let you charge via the Tesla destination chargers at many hotels, etc.
Count me in.

It would be good to be able to plug into 9.6kw Tesla destination chargers (240v at 40 amps) at hotels and resorts. I've used a number of these destination chargers and while they are slower than 'fast' chargers, you can get a full charge over night at a hotel.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I am interested too.
Sponsored