Text Messages, does anyone get them anymore? Iphone user here.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I know all we do is talk about the PCM and how much it isn't what it was intended to be and I am a prime example with no working Apple Music since September (going in for more diagnostics in February per a request from Porsche Germany) but my question is about whether anyone gets text messages anymore. The manual says you should see an icon for messages but there isn't one plus even when people text me, I get nothing on my PCM. Even my wife's Cayenne gets a ding when I get a message. Anyone else have this issue? I have a iphone 13 Pro and a 2021 4S.
Sponsored

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
I know all we do is talk about the PCM and how much it isn't what it was intended to be and I am a prime example with no working Apple Music since September (going in for more diagnostics in February per a request from Porsche Germany) but my question is about whether anyone gets text messages anymore. The manual says you should see an icon for messages but there isn't one plus even when people text me, I get nothing on my PCM. Even my wife's Cayenne gets a ding when I get a message. Anyone else have this issue? I have a iphone 13 Pro and a 2021 4S.
My text stopped coming in about six months ago after they swapped out the PCM module. My phone etc was not connecting. Mobile works well since then.
Keep me posted of any results.
Thank you
P.S. Maybe it is a carmine red thing.

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I get the txt messages via car play which is always on in my car

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Working ok on Android.

Have you tried deleting your phone from the PCM (and PCM from your phone) using the device manager and starting over and allow any access requests?

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Working ok on Android.

Have you tried deleting your phone from the PCM (and PCM from your phone) using the device manager and starting over and allow any access requests?
I did that several times but nothing seems to make the text messages work. For the record, Carplay does it because it is Apple to Apple talking from the phone to the app. Just another glitch we might have to live with on what is a great car with awful electronics.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
None at all, but maybe because I have texts turned off on my phones service provider? Who cares.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I did that several times but nothing seems to make the text messages work. For the record, Carplay does it because it is Apple to Apple talking from the phone to the app. Just another glitch we might have to live with on what is a great car with awful electronics.
Try this:

Porsche Taycan Text Messages, does anyone get them anymore?  Iphone user here. 1643201067993

Tap options "..."

Porsche Taycan Text Messages, does anyone get them anymore?  Iphone user here. 1643201096563

Porsche Taycan Text Messages, does anyone get them anymore?  Iphone user here. 1643201143215

Tap "Settings_NotificationCentre_Allow"

Porsche Taycan Text Messages, does anyone get them anymore?  Iphone user here. 1643201176212

Enable all.

Not sure I've ever seen that in the PCM under notifications before but worth a shot.

bluegrassvroom

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 taycan 4s
Country flag
I have iphone 12-ish no appleplay (it screwed EVERYTHIG up after each call or text - would not revert to FM radio, jsut be silent)

i get a DING with a text. about 3-4 minutes after my watch and phone alert me to the text. Literally, no exaggeration

no delay on call notifications, but 3-4 mins on texts

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
Check your Carplay settings on your iPhone and make sure messages are included.

General > CarPlay >Available Cars > Taycan > Customize

Also check your notification settings on Iphone. Look at Messages and see if CarPlay is selected.

356B

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
9114s
Try this:

1643201067993.png

Tap options "..."

1643201096563.png

1643201143215.png

1643201176212.png

Enable all.

Not sure I've ever seen that in the PCM under notifications before but worth a shot.
Interesting. For My MY21 PCM, I have no " Settings_NotificationCentre_Allow"" settings or screens like your 3rd or 4th Screen shown above. Carplay works very nicely and easily reads the messages to me. So other than the minor aggravation of having a menu choice in PCM that doesn't do what it says, Carply makes communications very functional.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Try this:

Enable all.

These pages you shared re notifications (multiple choices) are not in my PCM - are these from the online sim?

But I now apparently have my first ever issue with the sw in my car as I too do not get any messages updates in the PCM - tried all the above and nothing.

Do see, not surprisingly, the msgs in CarPlay (and again I have no issues with Apple Music or CarPlay or anything else other than this thing where PCM Notifications do not appear to be passing my phone msgs through) - weird - need to dig into this more as likely a phone to car connection issue and likely on the PCM side ....

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
My My22 works fine - it immediately comes up as a received message when I get a text then will read them out if asked.

On an iPhone at least you have to enable Notifications in the bluetooth settings for the Taycan 'device' to get them to come up, maybe you are missing that as its not on by default.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
My My22 works fine - it immediately comes up as a received message when I get a text then will read them out if asked.

On an iPhone at least you have to enable Notifications in the bluetooth settings for the Taycan 'device' to get them to come up, maybe you are missing that as its not on by default.
Nailed it - I now am back to no issues whatsoever - thx for that, totally missed that toggle! :)

rquinton you may want to confirm that that option is toggled on in your phone too - realize you may have other issues too however.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
These pages you shared re notifications (multiple choices) are not in my PCM - are these from the online sim?

But I now apparently have my first ever issue with the sw in my car as I too do not get any messages updates in the PCM - tried all the above and nothing.

Do see, not surprisingly, the msgs in CarPlay (and again I have no issues with Apple Music or CarPlay or anything else other than this thing where PCM Notifications do not appear to be passing my phone msgs through) - weird - need to dig into this more as likely a phone to car connection issue and likely on the PCM side ....
Yes these are from the SIM - I'm sure I've not seen these on my PCM either.

miatnorman94

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
Your post really struck a chord with me. It's kind of wild how we often talk about the PCM not being what it was meant to be. I can totally relate – I've been dealing with some Apple Music issues myself since September. It's frustrating, isn't it?
Sponsored