That moment when you see the new facia from the right angle and realize that it is…in fact, far sexier than the original.

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
If you asked someone that isn’t very familiar with the Taycan, I’m sure they’d just as easily believe the bottom pic is the refresh. Both are fine (obviously gen 1 is waaaay better)
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Whether I agree or not that is not a viewing angle I will ever see since it would require me to have my eyes at tyre top height, not a common viewpoint for me - or probably anybody who isn’t a product photographer with a tripod.
So moot.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I can’t believe that anyone can see that much difference.

Particularly going from
‘I don’t like the look of that, I don’t want one’
to
‘Oh yes, miles better, I want one please’

You are seeing differences I can’t. Maybe it’s the drugs?

The differences are only noticeable to journalists and people that are in forums.

I notice the comparison is with black cars and the photos appear to have been taken in the dark.

This massively flatters the newer car because it hides the panel gaps around those pointless ‘plates’ and stops it making it look like it’s built out of LEGO.

FWIW I think the new model looks worse. But only a bit. Still nice.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Just noticed the comparison is with the 2WD/4S new nose not the Turbos.
Such a dark photo it’s hard to tell!
Losing the black tears is a bigger mistake than the LEGO on the Turbos.
Much less distinctive but only to the eye of a forum guy.

ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
To me that front end looks like the engineers built the car with a moulded front bumper without any air scoop. Then somebody else pointed that out and the jigsaw came out to cut the holes. A further two mouldings needed to plug the holes and glued in place. All looks like an afterthought!
IMG_1949.jpeg

They could have done that so nice, like something the new Mercedes E class have

IMG_1950.jpeg

Even the simple BYD SEAL front is nicer.

Have Porsche entered some kind of Ugly front competition with the beaver look of BMW?
You lost me with the byd. That car is uninspired and unoriginal.

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
I feel for that designer guy as we all know its not his fault. Narrow minded Marketing, business and aero people probably ganged up on him “you gotta do this man” “we need that additional 12 miles of range” and pissed him off similar pissing off an executive chef pressured to cook his perfectly temperatured signature steak more because of some dull food safety reason. And he finally threw his hands up - ok “this is how this front end is supposed to look, but you want me to burn your steak? I will burn it for you”, went back to his kitchen and quickly sketched a toyota camry bumper in 5 minutes and handed it over to them and said “here you go, now leave me alone”.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
The two front end 'inserts' are some of the ugliest design elements I've ever seen on a Porsche. They look like an aftermarket modification.

Look, when the original mission E was introduced, they had 5 years to design the most beautiful car they could. Now tell me, what have they figured out that they didn't know 4 years ago that makes this car more beautiful than the original? No new technology that allows them to do something they couldn't do before, no new manufacturing processes allowing special formation or combination of body elements, no change whatsoever in the basic specifications of the car body. Just - "...make it different...". The original was, and still is the most beautiful 4-door car in the world. The 'refreshed' car accomplished the designers purpose - it is different. But did they overlook something in the original design, and now they've corrected it to make it more beautiful? Not a chance. I honestly don't see a single element that I would say is an 'improvement'.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
To me that front end looks like the engineers built the car with a moulded front bumper without any air scoop. Then somebody else pointed that out and the jigsaw came out to cut the holes. A further two mouldings needed to plug the holes and glued in place. All looks like an afterthought!
IMG_1949.jpeg
Evidently VWAG does know how to make it all one apron.

Porsche Taycan That moment when you see the new facia from the right angle and realize that it is…in fact, far sexier than the original. 1707703381748

Fleer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan TBD
Country flag
That Audi front is so ugly I was happy to wait for the Macan EV.
But then the updated Taycan came in, ticking all my boxes. Only wondering if the new 21" Aero wheels will be the range kings they’re presented to be.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That Audi front is so ugly I was happy to wait for the Macan EV.
But then the updated Taycan came in, ticking all my boxes. Only wondering if the new 21" Aero wheels will be the range kings they’re presented to be.
Personally I'd take front audi over Cayenne or the ICE Macan. Everyone has a different taste. I also replaced hood and wheel center caps with monochrome way before Porsche announced they are doing that for the Turbo trims of their new cars.
Porsche Taycan That moment when you see the new facia from the right angle and realize that it is…in fact, far sexier than the original. 1707710581050

I also prefer the old Taycan styling over the new one, especially Turbo.

Fleer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan TBD
Country flag
De gustibus disputandum est :like:
Did you get the 20" Offroad wheels? I’m thinking of getting those, or the 20" Turbo S Aero, or maybe the new 21" Aero, if they’re indeed as good as they say.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
De gustibus disputandum est :like:
Did you get the 20" Offroad wheels? I’m thinking of getting those, or the 20" Turbo S Aero, or maybe the new 21" Aero, if they’re indeed as good as they say.
Yep, the picture in my post is actually my car. I also have 20" Tequipment Design wheels in black for my winter tires (quick swap at home twice a year). Washington roads are not 21" wheel friendly - horrible road surface conditions.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This just dawned on me! The Turbo front bumper intake vents must have a mechanical actuator behind them, to go forward, and down, to become a mini snow plow when needed - clearing the snow from the road directly in front of the tires. Genius! Either that or there are some 007 weapons hiding under there.

Last edited:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
The two front end 'inserts' are some of the ugliest design elements I've ever seen on a Porsche. They look like an aftermarket modification.
Agreed. They are so deliberately prominent- even without the optional gloss black or carbon finish- that I hope the anticipated GT will explain their presence...maybe it will have active versions for cooling and/or aero, maybe it will get a different item in that space, or remove them entirely.
Sponsored

Reactions: or1