Advertisement

Thoughts on Race-Tex vs leather?

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 [now sold], Porsche Taycan Turbo [September!], Audi allroad, VW e-golf, BMW i3
Country flag
I'm having a debate with myself about the interior options. Specifically, I'm wondering about getting the Race-Tex interior on my Taycan Turbo. Is there anyone out there who has spent much time with the Race-Tex who has an opinion about it? I actually haven't seen one up close and personal as all of the demo cars I've seen had leather.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
I'm having a debate with myself about the interior options. Specifically, I'm wondering about getting the Race-Tex interior on my Taycan Turbo. Is there anyone out there who has spent much time with the Race-Tex who has an opinion about it? I actually haven't seen one up close and personal as all of the demo cars I've seen had leather.
I think if I was looking to buy a turbo on the 2nd hand market i would want leather. But I guess there might be people wanting RT. Is leather not expected on a car like this?

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
I went for the leather free interior and race-tex steering wheel in my Turbo S.

It will spend a bit of time on track potentially so figured why not.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Mine is the dark gray race Tex. I really like it to my surprise. It has more texture abs “depth” that the leather, and it feels nicer. But obviously not as “elegant” if that’s your thing. It looks more like a sport car.

i am not huge on leather to start with. Let me know if you want pictures.

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
Mine is the dark gray race Tex. I really like it to my surprise. It has more texture abs “depth” that the leather, and it feels nicer. But obviously not as “elegant” if that’s your thing. It looks more like a sport car.

Yes please send over pictures .
Wondered the difference between Tex and Leather free.??

OP
porsche_coyote

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 [now sold], Porsche Taycan Turbo [September!], Audi allroad, VW e-golf, BMW i3
Country flag

I'd definitely love to see photos.

r553

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Boxster Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2014 Mazda 3, Taycan 4s on order
Country flag
I went with the leather wheel. I would be concerned about longevity of the non-leather options in the heat and hand oils. My two other Porsche cars have leather and so far so good after 4 & 5 years.

Gbnj

First Name
Gurvan
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Range Rover
Country flag
Just took delivery of my Turbo with black Race-Tex and Race Tex steering wheel. I’m loving it

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
Just took delivery of my Turbo with black Race-Tex and Race Tex steering wheel. I’m loving it

Congratulations Gurvan ,
Great choice ,
Any chance of some shots of the Race - Tex interior .
Many thanks and well done .

Advertisement

Advertisement