porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
I'm having a debate with myself about the interior options. Specifically, I'm wondering about getting the Race-Tex interior on my Taycan Turbo. Is there anyone out there who has spent much time with the Race-Tex who has an opinion about it? I actually haven't seen one up close and personal as all of the demo cars I've seen had leather.
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I'm having a debate with myself about the interior options. Specifically, I'm wondering about getting the Race-Tex interior on my Taycan Turbo. Is there anyone out there who has spent much time with the Race-Tex who has an opinion about it? I actually haven't seen one up close and personal as all of the demo cars I've seen had leather.
I think if I was looking to buy a turbo on the 2nd hand market i would want leather. But I guess there might be people wanting RT. Is leather not expected on a car like this?

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
I went for the leather free interior and race-tex steering wheel in my Turbo S.

It will spend a bit of time on track potentially so figured why not.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Mine is the dark gray race Tex. I really like it to my surprise. It has more texture abs “depth” that the leather, and it feels nicer. But obviously not as “elegant” if that’s your thing. It looks more like a sport car.

i am not huge on leather to start with. Let me know if you want pictures.

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
Mine is the dark gray race Tex. I really like it to my surprise. It has more texture abs “depth” that the leather, and it feels nicer. But obviously not as “elegant” if that’s your thing. It looks more like a sport car.

Yes please send over pictures .
Wondered the difference between Tex and Leather free.??

OP
OP
porsche_coyote

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag

I'd definitely love to see photos.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I went with the leather wheel. I would be concerned about longevity of the non-leather options in the heat and hand oils. My two other Porsche cars have leather and so far so good after 4 & 5 years.

Gbnj

First Name
Gurvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Range Rover
Country flag
Just took delivery of my Turbo with black Race-Tex and Race Tex steering wheel. I’m loving it

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
Just took delivery of my Turbo with black Race-Tex and Race Tex steering wheel. I’m loving it

Congratulations Gurvan ,
Great choice ,
Any chance of some shots of the Race - Tex interior .
Many thanks and well done .

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I am considering frozen blue exterior and blue race-tex interior....

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I actually just posted a near identical question, then saw this. What I read on other forums is that race-tex has plastic in it, but that sounds counterintuitive if its supposed to be environmentally friendly. I'd like to learn more about that if anyone knows. Another post suggested its not as durable as leather - also counterintuitive. And harder to clean. Otherwise I'd be putting it on my order, but I'd still love to hear from others.....

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
I actually just posted a near identical question, then saw this. What I read on other forums is that race-tex has plastic in it, but that sounds counterintuitive if its supposed to be environmentally friendly. I'd like to learn more about that if anyone knows. Another post suggested its not as durable as leather - also counterintuitive. And harder to clean. Otherwise I'd be putting it on my order, but I'd still love to hear from others.....
I’m ordering mine with race-tex everywhere. Sure, it’s plastic, but your car is already so full of plastic if that’s the big issue it’s better to just don’t buy a car.

However, Porsche is using recycled materials for race-tex which means you are actually creating a market an incentive for plastic to be recycled (making it a commodity, not garbage). You are also not going to be washing your car in a washing machine so it will very likely not introduce a lot of micro plastic into the environment.

At the end of life for your car, hopefully it will be properly recycled and your interior can again be reused for a new car! In my opinion this basically just boils down to ethics, and those are yours to define for your.
Sponsored