First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tayvan GTS, June BMW M4 Convert, Audi, Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Hi All:

I'm slated for delivery of my GTS in July.

I really like the upgraded leather, which I've included in my order. I am sensitive to some synthetic materials and was trying to avoid Race Tex, which I like, but has a pretty strong smell when new. I now realize that there is a bunch of Race Tex native to the GTS. (I know, read the standard features, no need to remind me)

Can folks who have or have rode in a GTS let me know:
1) How much RaceTex is actually in the car given I've upgraded to the top quality leather. I think it's the seat centers, visors and roof, thought i have the glass roof).
2) Does the Race Tex smell last very long? I like the material, just don't like the smell (and some material can make me downright sick).

Thanks!
Sponsored

ardevd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I guess every person is different but I find that the leather smells a lot more than the racetex does.

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
I’ve been in a lot of porsches and other makes and never noticed alcantara/race-tex to have any noticeably distinct smell. If anything some leathers have a distinct smell (that I like). But even my GT3 which has alcantara everywhere had no noticeable smell other than the new car smell when it was new. Perhaps some people are just more sensitive to this unique race-tex smell than others.

If you opt for leather in lieu of the standard GTS interior, then only the roof lining and upper pillars will be racetex.

OP
OP

andrew1cohen

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tayvan GTS, June BMW M4 Convert, Audi, Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Thank you!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
All new cars emit VOCs, which is that "new car smell" and are the synthetic compounds off-gassing.

Race-Tex or Leather, there will have a similar odour in the cabin, where the latter might overpower some with a more pleasant smell.

In time the former will smell more of fabric, the latter more of leather.

If you have opted for full leather, then only the roof lining is Race-Tex. Anywhere that isn't real leather is either synthetic leather (the bits of the door that sit flush against the dash and B-Pillar that you can only see when the door is open) or standard floor fabric.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi All:

I'm slated for delivery of my GTS in July.

I really like the upgraded leather, which I've included in my order. I am sensitive to some synthetic materials and was trying to avoid Race Tex, which I like, but has a pretty strong smell when new. I now realize that there is a bunch of Race Tex native to the GTS. (I know, read the standard features, no need to remind me)

Can folks who have or have rode in a GTS let me know:
1) How much RaceTex is actually in the car given I've upgraded to the top quality leather. I think it's the seat centers, visors and roof, thought i have the glass roof).
2) Does the Race Tex smell last very long? I like the material, just don't like the smell (and some material can make me downright sick).

Thanks!
If you have upgraded to extended leather or Olea then the only race-tex you will be left with will be the head lining (limited if Pano roof installed), steering wheel (unless you've changed that to leather) and the top of the B-pillar.The seats will have no race-tex given the upgrade you made.
Sponsored