Tinting Windows

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes! I had to get that update for the 12v battery issue? Were you In that taycan turbo? Mamba green if I remember
No, I was in another Red Taycan 4S. They had them parked next to each other when I picked mine up!

I had to wait for a while, then I looked in the service area and saw your Red there and I thought "wow, they finished mine early!" I don't see a lot other reds.

manojkoushik

First Name
Manoj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
No, I was in another Red Taycan 4S. They had them parked next to each other when I picked mine up!

I had to wait for a while, then I looked in the service area and saw your Red there and I thought "wow, they finished mine early!" I don't see a lot other reds.
Ah! got it! Nice to meet you.

I haven’t see m/any red taycans either. Although I did see another taycan at the light in front of me as I left

Christian J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 1997 C2S, 1979 Turbo, 1976 3.0
Country flag
I have the insulated glass and went with ceramic tint on the windshield (80%) and side & rear (50%). 35% is legal in my state but I didn’t want it that dark. I did not do anything to the roof and I am very happy with the color, night visibility and what seems to be minimal heat during the day.

Porsche Taycan Tinting Windows AAEA2B4A-D0C3-42E3-A96C-4520584A3273

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I have the insulated glass and went with ceramic tint on the windshield (80%) and side & rear (50%). 35% is legal in my state but I didn’t want it that dark. I did not do anything to the roof and I am very happy with the color, night visibility and what seems to be minimal heat during the day.

AAEA2B4A-D0C3-42E3-A96C-4520584A3273.jpeg
I’m also aiming for a discrete 50% tint for the back side windows and maybe a darker 35% for the rear window - or 50% like you. Can you share some more pics from different angels? It’s a bit difficult to see on your current picture. Thanks

Christian J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 1997 C2S, 1979 Turbo, 1976 3.0
Country flag
Sorry it’s flipped! I couldn’t avoid reflections so I’ll try a shot from inside. Cars with a dark interior read as having much darker windows from the outside but when you look through the windows you can see that 50% is a moderate tint. A 50% tint over tan or chalk interior will look much lighter from outside.

Porsche Taycan Tinting Windows 1B70A629-0956-4BAF-826E-184C8BC38216

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
My taycan will not come with the enhanced windows, sun sound protection.
has anyone had their windows tinted? and if yes what level of tinting did you do

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Beyond just tinting, with the glass roof, what about something like the LLumar Stratos IR film?

Last edited:

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
My taycan will not come with the enhanced windows, sun sound protection.
has anyone had their windows tinted? and if yes what level of tinting did you do
Here is a link to a lengthy thread about window tint. Please keep in mind that it is not the darkness of the tint that helps with the heat protection. In short if you want to tackle heat the most effective tint is a nano ceramic tint with a high ability to reject Infrared. In addition to the side and rear windows (35% tint darkness - legal limit in Georgia), I had a 75% darkeness nano ceramic film (basically clear) applied to the windshield. It made a huge difference in heat rejection. My black steering wheel is not scalding hot even sitting in the hot sunny Atlanta summer months. There are also many comments back and forth about the pano roof. It has a fairly good amount of heat rejection from the factory. Most including me have not applied any additional film to the pano glass.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/tinting-windows.1698/

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Here is a link to a lengthy thread about window tint. Please keep in mind that it is not the darkness of the tint that helps with the heat protection. In short if you want to tackle heat the most effective tint is a nano ceramic tint with a high ability to reject Infrared. In addition to the side and rear windows (30% tint darkness - legal limit in Georgia), I had a 75% darkeness nano ceramic film (basically clear) applied to the windshield. It made a huge difference in heat rejection. My black steering wheel is not scalding hot even sitting in the hot sunny Atlanta summer months. There are also many comments back and forth about the pano roof. It has a fairly good amount of heat rejection from the factory. Most including me have not applied any additional film to the pano glass.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/tinting-windows.1698/
thanks I'll give it a read
Sponsored