simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
The plate has no knowledge of whether you've changed your wheels/tires.
There in lies the rub as they say. No pun šŸ˜…

The plate is accurate for the very specific rubber fitted at the factory on the wheels fitted at the factory, for the variant/spec/weight of this car. Yep you guessed it, at the factory.

If you change the rubber, itā€™s incumbent on you to get the pressures correct. Seems Porsche North America are giving you some guidance there, weā€™re not seeing - or at least Iā€™m not šŸ˜€

Thereā€™s honestly nothing listed in MyPorsche for tyre inflation pressures. Itā€™s either country specific or as Iā€™m seeing it a combination of when your car was built, what model it is and what country itā€™s intended for/operating in.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
The plate has no knowledge of whether you've changed your wheels/tires.

There is lots of detail in the Technical Data section of your manual. Go to My Porsche -> Manual -> Technical Data -> Wheels and Tires. There, you can look up recommended pressures for your specific Taycan model, wheel size, tire type. The pressures there assume you have NF0 tires, of course.

Tip: Navigating to the technical data section didn't work for me just now. Workaround: search for "Technical Data" in the electronic manual search, and then go from there.
Again that is region dependant it seems. I have the following info available in the app manual.
Porsche Taycan Tire pressure question 4B2391FA-A217-4200-A351-F1CA06124CED
Porsche Taycan Tire pressure question 02700B09-E603-4101-BD69-7DBE7710BB16
Porsche Taycan Tire pressure question DA8D2D59-1394-47D1-87BE-EB9860D5B603

Only pressure stated is for the spare wheel, which the car does not have! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thereā€™s absolutely the square root of F all in the Techical Data section here. Well only about the radioā€¦.

ā€œTyres and Wheelsā€ is listed under ā€œMobility and Minor Repairsā€.

Car built end November 2022

Porsche Taycan Tire pressure question BEDE9A25-D303-49A3-8709-3663E3726040

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
There in lies the rub as they say. No pun šŸ˜…

The plate is accurate for the very specific rubber fitted at the factory on the wheels fitted at the factory, for the variant/spec/weight of this car. Yep you guessed it, at the factory.

If you change the rubber, itā€™s incumbent on you to get the pressures correct. Seems Porsche North America are giving you some guidance there, weā€™re not seeing - or at least Iā€™m not šŸ˜€

Thereā€™s honestly nothing listed in MyPorsche for tyre inflation pressures. Itā€™s either country specific or as Iā€™m seeing it a combination of when your car was built, what model it is and what country itā€™s intended for/operating in.
Unfortunate. I suggest you ask your local service manager to share a copy of your specific model's charts from the service manual.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Itā€™s definitely not.

I have the same Pirelli tyres and profiles as you - but check the difference in my pressures compared to yours in post #16
Thanks for the heads up
I find it interesting that I have the same 21' inch tyres on my GTS as you have on your Turbo
but different plates....
More interesting is that I have the SAME plate on my car as Franks!
Mine - GTS 21s Pirellis
Franks - CT 4s 21s Good Year

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unfortunate. I suggest you ask your local service manager to share a copy of your specific model's charts from the service manual.
I wouldnā€™t mind a full copy of the service manual actually. Porsche will sell me one no doubt. Might need to be seated when they tell me the price though.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Something to consider and take into account when switching brands!!!
I tend to stick with the tyres supplied on the car. Not least because one axle always needs replacing before the other and mixing tyres front to rear is bonkers.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
That is a surprising difference in pressure recommendations. Will need to ask Porsche service about this if I want to switch brand at some stage. the service advisor is doing a lot of track racing so he would have good knowledge about this. Not with a Porsche car though.
This is an extreme case though with a mid engined car with very rearward bias, I suspect the test drivers adjusted front pressure to get a safe handling balance and published the result.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
At least there is consistency at higher load across the plates but I think the higher load rating is a bit random unless you are carrying cement mix bags
My Car weighs 2500 kg (5500lbs)
If its 2 up, my wife and me with a bit of luggage we add about 150kg (330 lbs)
This is the recommended load for the lower pressure settings.

Put the kids in the back and a bit more luggage we add another 100kg (220lbs)
So 2650kg to 2750kg
Do I need to put 3bar (5psi), a 10% increase, in my tyres for a 3% weight increase?

Also the plate says those are the pressures for 20 degrees C or 60 degrees F.
I havent been able to check my tyre pressures at that temp for 6 months.
This also suggests they do at least use the same plates for the European and US markets.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I tend to stick with the tyres supplied on the car. Not least because one axle always needs replacing before the other and mixing tyres front to rear is bonkers.
Absolutely agree if you only need to change on one axle. My wear is very much the same all around. (< 1 mm delta). Would love to be able to switch to Michelin if and when they are available as NFO. They are excellent tyres but slightly hesitant to change to non NFO. Probably over cautious, but so be it.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
At least there is consistency at higher load across the plates but I think the higher load rating is a bit random unless you are carrying cement mix bags
My Car weighs 2500 kg (5500lbs)
If its 2 up, my wife and me with a bit of luggage we add about 150kg (330 lbs)
This is the recommended load for the lower pressure settings.

Put the kids in the back and a bit more luggage we add another 100kg (220lbs)
So 2650kg to 2750kg
Do I need to put 3bar (5psi), a 10% increase, in my tyres for a 3% weight increase?

Also the plate says those are the pressures for 20 degrees C or 60 degrees F.
I havent been able to check my tyre pressures at that temp for 6 months.
This also suggests they do at least use the same plates for the European and US markets.
Full load assumes more weight than a couple of kids and modest luggage - I think it assumes worst case (perhaps the max rated front and rear axle load). And then since the additional weight isn't uniformly distributed front to rear (it's presumably in the rear cabin and trunk/boot) it assumes the rear tires carry a greater proportion of the additional weight.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Full load assumes more weight than a couple of kids and modest luggage - I think it assumes worst case (perhaps the max rated front and rear axle load). And then since the additional weight isn't uniformly distributed front to rear (it's presumably in the rear cabin and trunk/boot) it assumes the rear tires carry a greater proportion of the additional weight.
I agree but how much weight can you realistically add to a Taycan saloon/sedan.
Certainly in terms of an added % to an already very heavy car.
I can understand that tyre pressures need to be different with a 1 tonne load
added to a 1.5 tonne vehicle.
Also thats not what the plate says. The plate just adds 1 case to 2 adults.
Just saying it all seem a bit random to me.
I think we have to just use common sense
and use the plate as a rough guide.

cityhpper

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4. 20" summers, 20" winters.
Country flag
After some trials, I've decided to go with the (recommended pressure + 0,1 bar) in the PCM for the specific size and type of tyre fitted to the car. For my car, this would mean 2,6/2,6 bar for partial load when on 20" winters, since the PCM has a target of 2,5/2,5 bar.

The slight deviation should account for somewhat colder mornings and evenings, compared to mid-day temps where I'm located.

My car was delivered on 19"s and with a different tyre make than the ones I'm currently using (Hankook vs. Michelin, and then Pirellis for winter action), meaning I don't pay much attention to the information plate fitted to the car.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
When my car went in for the heater fix, the service team inflated all of the tyres to the same pressure, none of which are on the plate (my rears should be fronts -4psi). So not sure they know either šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
When my car went in for the heater fix, the service team inflated all of the tyres to the same pressure, none of which are on the plate (my rears should be fronts -4psi). So not sure they know either šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
That is a familiar experience. They are just lazy - using the same preset on the air compressor. Same deal at my wife's Audi dealership. However, they can look this stuff up in the service manual.
Sponsored