bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My first test drive with Tesla was 7 years ago. Every couple of years I would do another test drive. During that time I would check in with the Tesla forum and that was enough to back off. Sold my 2017 911 in July and did an order on a Model S. I just could not build up the courage to take the risk. I canceled and lost my deposit and found a dealer slot Sept 20th for a Taycan. I felt it was a better bet even with the lack of distance. Since then I have been following this forum. I'm starting to feel the same about the Taycan as I do the Tesla Model S. I'm not going to eat my non refundable deposit of $5K. I have mentioned my Bolt 2020 that has some features that I hope won't shame Porsche.
Believe me, you will love the car. I've driven a few Teslas and they are also amazing vehicles, but they come at the problem from a different perspective (think autopilot and full self-driving as the end goal, rather than being a car for somebody who actually enjoys driving).

The infotainment software problems are frustrating. The issues around chargers not working reliably are worse, but seem to affect only some cars. Mine, dealer spec'd, has the 19.2kW onboard AC charger, which as a long time EV driver I would not have bothered with since few AC chargers can deliver that power here in the US anyway. Worse though, it currently won't support EA plug and charge, and some believe that bug also causes problems with the session setup at some EA chargers. I'm hoping, thanks to another thread here for pointing it out, that I can get that fixed with a software update in early November.
Sponsored