maudasilva

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
In the whole scheme of things the piss poor implementation of homelink in the taycan is quite low on the problem meter. I was able to link homelink with my garage opener but I dislike how many times the screen needs touched to implement it. I went back to the old clicker
Home link is one of the features that works right and the implementation is quite good with geofencing and the programmable button assigned to bring up Homelink.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Home link is one of the features that works right and the implementation is quite good with geofencing and the programmable button assigned to bring up Homelink.
Works perfectly for me. (diamond button in cluster)

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I agree that the homelink does work well but my issue is how many times do you need to touch the screen to open the door and then clear the screen?

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I agree that the homelink does work well but my issue is how many times do you need to touch the screen to open the door and then clear the screen?
Add it to one of the diamond buttons and it seems to work with just a single press almost every time. I have it on my steering wheel for easy access. You can then disable the geofence popup (not that the geofencing doesn't work - that part seems to be very reliable, same with the suspension lift geofencing).

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Add it to one of the diamond buttons and it seems to work with just a single press almost every time. I have it on my steering wheel for easy access. You can then disable the geofence popup (not that the geofencing doesn't work - that part seems to be very reliable, same with the suspension lift geofencing).
it usually works to open the door but there is still the issue of clearing the screen. using the old clicker works fine, push the button door opens, no screens to clear

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you turn off the geofence popup you won’t need to clear the screen. The button on the steering wheel opens and closes the garage, and you never need to see the Homelink dialog on the screen.

it usually works to open the door but there is still the issue of clearing the screen. using the old clicker works fine, push the button door opens, no screens to clear

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
If you turn off the geofence popup you won’t need to clear the screen. The button on the steering wheel opens and closes the garage, and you never need to see the Homelink dialog on the screen.
I think that I tried that but still saw the pop ups

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I'm on my third Porsche and have never gotten Homelink to work, despite lengthy phone conversations with the Homelink people while attempting to get the car to communicate with my garage-door software. Many Porsche owners have this problem.
Luckily our shared car park uses camera (AI based?) license plate recognition system. ;)

Goldeneyez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GL350
Country flag
Sorry about this enormous list of issues. Not sure if this will help, but I use the diamond button for Homelink, and I’ve learned that the set-up screen only appears if I press and hold the button down too long. A quick tap yields the results I want, every time.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
In the whole scheme of things the piss poor implementation of homelink in the taycan is quite low on the problem meter. I was able to link homelink with my garage opener but I dislike how many times the screen needs touched to implement it. I went back to the old clicker
Program only one door and assign home link to a function button and it’s one press.

edit: as others have said, disable geofencing. It’s a shame the geofence option doesn’t just send the signal (Tesla does this) vs bringing up the window.

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm on my third Porsche and have never gotten Homelink to work, despite lengthy phone conversations with the Homelink people while attempting to get the car to communicate with my garage-door software. Many Porsche owners have this problem.
One common problem with garage door operators is RF interference. For example I have LED bulbs installed in my GDO (and in my garage lights). These caused the open/close function to operate intermittently. I bought special LED bulbs, specifically for GDO with RF filters. Works great now!

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
Sorry everyone for the long post. I hope it is informative at a minimum.
This a copy of my email to my dealership service department.

Hi Chelsea,
Hi James,
Porsche on copy in this message too. VIN Number WP0AC2Y17MSAXXXXX

I hope all is well.
I wanted to update you and Porsche on the status of the issues (items 1 to 13 below) reported before the last service appointment on July 30th.
Simply put things are getting worse.
Please pay attention to numbers 14, 15, and 16, in red below. These make the car unsafe. I have started seriously considering parking it at Porsche Stevens Creek and getting something else, evidently not another Porsche, but safer automobile.

1 - Recall notice - Motor control error stop vehicle in a safe place I received a notification from Porsche a few days ago.
This was taken care of I believe. I have not experienced the issue.

2 - Charging at Electrify America (EA) - plug and charge no longer works. Please see picture with correspondent EA error message. This started on June 19th.
Partially addressed as the problem happened multiple times after the last in “Service” update. However, EA contacted me the other day and was I able to show them what was going on and they fixed it on their side. Better Customer Service from them than from Porsche, whose agent emailed me three times, stating they were not able to reach you. See attachments.

3 - Slow leak in rear driver side tire - has been there since I got the car. I have to inflate the tire once a month or so. I inspected the tire, but I could not find anything wrong with it. It might be the valve.
This was not solved. I had to add air twice since the last service.

4 - Park assist error - happens quite often.
This persists and it is quite annoying.

5 - All Radio Favorites entires deleted randomly on its own - it is almost not worth it to save the stations because the next time I want to use the list it is no longer there.
This continues to happen.

6 - The car switched to "Private Mode” in the middle of a ride a couple of times.
This is still happening.

7 - Range Mode speed limit set to 65 mph - when this happens the menu for setting the speed limit for the Range driving mode is not available. I programmed it to be 80 mph, the car sets it to 90 mph when the navigation system is used. This happened today again.
This is still happening.

8 - Menus not accessible while parked - error message and most menu items grayed out even when parked.
This did not happen again. Some progress.

9 - Car does not turn itself on upon entering the car and closing the driver door with the key with the range.
This happens almost daily.

10 - “Shrinking roof top insulation - it looks like the insulation is either shrinking or it was never uniform. Check the glass roofline outside passage side. Compare to the driver side.
Porsche was not able to contact you…

11 - Upon entering the vehicle, out of the blue, was prompted to either enter my Porsche Id, continue as a guest or switch the account. The setting is to keep me always “logged on”. Very inconvenient when your are in a hurry trying to get somewhere and you have to dig out your credentials to fully use the features of your own car.
This happened again.

12 - Trunk lid did not close 2x this past week. A friend told me that I had left the trunk open in the parking lot. No obstacle nor anything in the trunk that could have caused it. Second time I saw it. My wife pressed the button, lid goes down then back 1/2 way up.
Did not happened anymore. It might have been related to the key fob signal as you suggested.

13 - Mirrors did not unfold upon unlocking and getting ready to drive. Tried the button on the door panel no response, tried the key from the inside the car lock, unlock - no change. I had to get out lock then unlock to get them to unfold. See pics. Also notice the mirror light, one on the other off.
Did not happen like this; however, in a few instances the courtesy lights do not turn on when I approach the car.

New issues:
14 - This is a dangerous one: Porsche InnoDrive on and system does not update the maximum speed. E.g. I got to Monterey Cannery Row, with the car telling me that the speed limit is 65 mph, and speeding to that if I were to let it go that fast. Only turning the car off, cleared the problem. It has happened 4 times already and only happened after the last update. Potential recall here! See attached pic. You might recognize the background.

15 - Porsche InnoDrive has changed its ability to detect standing vehicles. It used to detect vehicles much earlier/farther and safely applied the breaks to a safe and smooth stop. Since the last update, I believe, tough to say exactly when it started, it does not detect standing vehicles well and I have to intervene, and apply the brakes myself. This is very dangerous after you developed the trust one should have on these safety features.

16 - This one is very serious: Collision Avoidance slammed on the breaks for no reason today. I had Inno Drive on and was stepping on the power pedal going through an intersection after a Stop sign. I am glad the guy behind me kept a good distance and did not hit me.

17 - Navigation menu off and on shows up in German (Ziel suchen) instead of Search Destination. This must a German SW Designer having fun…

18 - HomeLink failure - button not working. Happened a few times. I could try on two side by side garage doors. Neither worked.

19 - All Smart Lift saved locations were erased/deleted on its own.

I will need your help in getting these issues fixed, and reported to Porsche. Let me know if you need supporting images. Also, how should I proceed? Schedule an appointment?
This is tremendously disappointing. I could have gotten two Teslas instead...

Regards,
My experience almost identical. I did a diary for a month, mid August to mid September. Will be sending this to dealer and will share here when I do. What a terrible experience for a $225K car and the Porsche brand. Unbelievable. And please, dont anyone tell me I buy Porsche for XYZ driving experience and I must ignore the hundreds of issues with the software. That is not how one enjoys a car. for me is the whole package. I do like t he drive, a lot, but I hate the experience.

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've owned my 4S since last June and have experienced some minor glitches but nothing that has caused to me bring my Taycan in for service. The one continuous issues is my steering wheel will not rise up when I shut the car off and exit. My seat moves back but the steering wheel stays in place. I can move it manually but I really don't need to since it's not in the way when I exit the car. I am not aware of any fix at this time. My feeling is the chip needs to be replaced and we all know that't not happening any time soon.

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My experience almost identical. I did a diary for a month, mid August to mid September. Will be sending this to dealer and will share here when I do. What a terrible experience for a $225K car and the Porsche brand. Unbelievable. And please, dont anyone tell me I buy Porsche for XYZ driving experience and I must ignore the hundreds of issues with the software. That is not how one enjoys a car. for me is the whole package. I do like t he drive, a lot, but I hate the experience.
Yes! That exactly. They cannot separate the software from the car any longer. The software is now integral to the driving experience and the sooner they realize that and treat it the same as they do the suspension, or braking or drive train, the better.

If you have Twitter, I would recommend posting it to @porsche too - they set up a call to talk through all the issues. Nothing was fixed, of course, but I was able to change the conversation from being about individual problems, to being about the impact these issues have on the overall experience.

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
My first test drive with Tesla was 7 years ago. Every couple of years I would do another test drive. During that time I would check in with the Tesla forum and that was enough to back off. Sold my 2017 911 in July and did an order on a Model S. I just could not build up the courage to take the risk. I canceled and lost my deposit and found a dealer slot Sept 20th for a Taycan. I felt it was a better bet even with the lack of distance. Since then I have been following this forum. I'm starting to feel the same about the Taycan as I do the Tesla Model S. I'm not going to eat my non refundable deposit of $5K. I have mentioned my Bolt 2020 that has some features that I hope won't shame Porsche.
Sponsored