Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I may have missed this, but searched and couldn't find a thread where owners are reporting their actual range based on Avg. E-Consumption shown in the Porsche Connect App. I've driven 2103 miles, average speed of 34mph and have an Avg. E-Cons shown in the Porsche Connect App of 2.6mi/kWh.

This gives me a total of 218 miles average range using the 83.7kWh available in the Turbo S battery. This is not too bad, considering I've haven't used Range mode at all, and have been commuting around town, driving in a 'spirited manner' a fair amount, and charging every two to three days. It would be good to have a poll where everyone reports this number. It's easy to access using the Porsche Connect App.
Sponsored

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I may have missed this, but searched and couldn't find a thread where owners are reporting their actual range based on Avg. E-Consumption shown in the Porsche Connect App. I've driven 2103 miles, average speed of 34mph and have an Avg. E-Cons shown in the Porsche Connect App of 2.6mi/kWh.

This gives me a total of 218 miles average range using the 83.7kWh available in the Turbo S battery. This is not too bad, considering I've haven't used Range mode at all, and have been commuting around town, driving in a 'spirited manner' a fair amount, and charging every two to three days. It would be good to have a poll where everyone reports this number. It's easy to access using the Porsche Connect App.
Nice idea! But how do you get this info in Porsche Connect? I don't see how to do that.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
Nice idea! But how do you get this info in Porsche Connect? I don't see how to do that.
I guess we could get the data from the dashboard trip computer directly in the car? Selecting Total instead of Since last charge?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Miles: 4600
Avg Speed: 29
Avg Consumption: 3.2
Implied Range: 270

I live in Northern California, so don't deal with very cold, although for a morning drive it may be 40-45 degrees - so heat is still used.

Drive mainly in normal mode, with occasional drives in sport +, and push the unofficial speed limit - and like the performance when passing .

I don't know how avg. speed is done -is it smart enough to know when I am driving vs. at a stop light? I tend to do most of my driving at highway speeds, so that number seemed a bit low.

OP
OP
Vim Schrotnock

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Open Porsche Connect on your iPhone. If you scroll down below your battery charge, you'll see a button "All trip data". Click on that, then choose "Total" from the top menu choices. You should see your total miles and Avg. E-Cons. I'm not sure about the Avg. speed and days listed. Mine has changed for some reason. More research needed...

All your trips and Avg. E-Cons. are stored on this page though, and you can flip through each charging cycle and see your days, miles, avg mph and mi/kWh.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
According to the Porsche Connect app, my average consumption was 33.8 kWh/100 miles over the 864 miles I meanwhile put on my car, most of it on short store runs with a coldish battery. Assuming an 83.7 kWh usable battery capacity this translates into an average range of 248 miles so far. The range tends to be lower initially and higher more recently. I am typically in the mid-270’s now.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
4800 miles (7700km)
Avg consumption: 38 kwh/100mi or 23,7 Kwh/100km
Implied Range : 221 miles (353 km)
4S perf battery Plus
Avg speed 28 mph (44 kmh)

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
4800 miles (7700km)
Avg consumption: 38 kwh/100mi or 23,7 Kwh/100km
Implied Range : 221 miles (353 km)
4S perf battery Plus
Avg speed 28 mph (44 kmh)
Car is 4 months old : September-Oct-Nov-December in eastern canadian weather

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Open Porsche Connect on your iPhone. If you scroll down below your battery charge, you'll see a button "All trip data". Click on that, then choose "Total" from the top menu choices. You should see your total miles and Avg. E-Cons. I'm not sure about the Avg. speed and days listed. Mine has changed for some reason. More research needed...

All your trips and Avg. E-Cons. are stored on this page though, and you can flip through each charging cycle and see your days, miles, avg mph and mi/kWh.
Yes, I saw that. But under total, there are two days listed: today, and a day back in September. I’ve had the car 3 months. Maybe that sept day is when I first got the car? I don’t remember. But it’s hard to make sense of 3 months of ownership being separated into 2 days. In any case, what it shows for the first day is 569 miles with 2.7 mi/kWh. The second day is 2475 miles with 2.8 mi/kWh.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Mine has 11185 km. or 6950 miles since it was delivered on July 1. The shown consumption is 22,6 kwh/100 km or 36,4 kwh/100 miles (or 2.7 miles per kwh) which is probably quite low for a turbo S with Mission E wheels. Mild weather, light right-foot in normal mode most of the time may help explain it.
Porsche Taycan Total Average Range based on Porsche Connect Data AE9B1BD6-29D2-485A-8D0D-BB5B415862F2
Porsche Taycan Total Average Range based on Porsche Connect Data C5513AD1-59AB-4FFB-8FFB-C9254A05A42C

Last edited:

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
I have similar data as Roberto has, in my case, for a 4S.
  • 5,282 km (no data from the ~4,000 km I drove before)
  • 31 km / h average
  • 23.1 kWh / 100 km
  • 37.2 kWh / 100 miles
  • Mostly driven on 20" aero wheels

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just to make a note on this, these numbers can be pretty misleading.

There is a very significant difference between "max distance range" and "daily driving range". You will get much worse efficiency and thus a lower range in daily driving, whereas the Taycan is very efficient at steady speeds (ie.. highway/longer trips) and will have a much longer "max distance range".

I have seen many, many people confused by this and that believe their "max distance" range is lower because they're trying to project daily driving efficiency numbers over longer distances. That math does not work.

Ie.. I'm usually around 45 kWh/100 mi in daily/city driving but consistently below 30 kWh/100 mi at highway speeds over long distances. If I tried to project my daily driving efficiency my "range" would be under 200 miles while the lowest "max distance" range I've actually seen driving long distances is still above 230 (even in cold & rain).

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Total Average Range based on Porsche Connect Data Screenshot_20201220-064825 - Copy - Copy

Temp around 19°C charged to 100% driven 439km mostly city and city highways.

To be fair, this is with really using coasting driving style.
Sponsored