First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Sorry about the bad news, OP.

On the bright side, with today's soft market there should be plenty of loaners for you to use during the repair.
Sponsored

EVPZ

First Name
Anuj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Total battery failure May 9th 2023. Taycan 4s July 2022, 6000 miles. Been told earliest I will have it repaired is mid August at the earliest. Apparently Porsche have only 5 technicians in uk who have been trained on this repair. I have seen a few posts in the USA where Porsche have replaced the whole battery and not just a single cell. Put me in a Volvo C40 for the first five weeks, then loaned me a demo Turbo S until the dealership sold it two weeks later. Now have 4s demo on loan I guess until they sell that one too. Anyone familiar with where i might stand in terms of compensation? three to four months to repair a vehicle is pretty excessive so just putting it out there
Happened to me too. Mine is still getting fixed. And many others. This is a big issue. Porsche just seems like they are covering it up with NDAs and hush money.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Happened to me too. Mine is still getting fixed. And many others. This is a big issue. Porsche just seems like they are covering it up with NDAs and hush money.
What year is your Taycan?

aljparker108

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Total Battery failure just happened to me Taycan Turbo 2020. Had minor electrical fault warning but then wouldn't charge above 140 miles then not at all. Unfortunately in Greece when it failed on me and dealer told me it was related to my after market tracker fitted and not covered by warranty. Getting it shipped to UK obviously!

OP
OP

Encompass1

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
rarely happens on your own doorstep eh!!! sounds like an expensive shipping too. Good luck getting it sorted

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Total Battery failure just happened to me Taycan Turbo 2020. Had minor electrical fault warning but then wouldn't charge above 140 miles then not at all. Unfortunately in Greece when it failed on me and dealer told me it was related to my after market tracker fitted and not covered by warranty. Getting it shipped to UK obviously!
I had no idea after-market trackers ran on 800v! ;)

Gordon Hon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My 2020 Taycan 4S also had a battery failure and they had to ship it from Macau to Hong Kong to fix it since there’s no technicians in Macau capable of replacing the battery. The dealership told me it would usually takes no less than 3 months because the new battery needed to be shipped from Germany.
In Macau, there’s already more than four Taycans from 2020 that have encountered the same issue and the dealership offered us no compensation for it, not even a replacement car. It is clear that there’s a quality problem with the earlier Taycans. One person even had his battery replaced twice in less than two months after getting a new one. The owner said the whole process took him 9 months all together. This is a serious issue and Porsche is not doing enough. It is unfair for us buyers who paid a lot for this car and only to have it towed away for more than 3 months and also no compensation plan.

aljparker108

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
rarely happens on your own doorstep eh!!! sounds like an expensive shipping too. Good luck getting it sorted
It’s been a month now car still in Athens! Outside of France/Germany Porsche Assistance is a joke! Will never take my Taycan out of the UK again if I ever get it back.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I'll just chime in, since I've posted in other threads. 2020 Turbo S, one of the first in the US, 30K miles almost exclusively charged with the Porsche charger at home. A 'high voltage battery issue', and the dealer is opening up a 'technical assistance case' with Porsche. Evidently there is another 2020 Turbo S there that has the same problem and been in the shop for 4 months...:confused:

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
I was chatting to a fellow salary sacrificer at work this week. He was lamenting one of the cells in his 18 month Ioniq packed up. Still drivable but significant reduced range. Back at Hyundai for a couple of months. It's not just Porsche that have batteries pack up in New cars.... Perspective.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was chatting to a fellow salary sacrificer at work this week. He was lamenting one of the cells in his 18 month Ioniq packed up. Still drivable but significant reduced range. Back at Hyundai for a couple of months. It's not just Porsche that have batteries pack up in New cars.... Perspective.
Pre total quality management: 'We're no worse than anyone else'

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
EV owners having to wait 3 to 4 months for HV battery repair/replacement is not caused by a technology problem. It is caused by the manufacturer's financial decision to eliminate inventory costs for HV battery repair stock.
"Oh, the customer needs a new HV battery?​
Time to send a new battery build order to our supplier.​
When it's built we'll ship it overseas."​

Last edited:

SHM

First Name
oOo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Take them to court and share your story to your local newspaper.
THis is utter BS from them!
Sponsored