Track my Dream UK

EngieTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi all

I placed my order / deposit early Dec 21 and was wondering if anyone around the similar time has had an invite to track my dream or the Silverstone track day? My sales guy is on radio silence and never responds since taking my money!!

Thanks
Sponsored

gdavison

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Boxster GTS
Country flag
I placed my order Mid Nov 2021, at that time dealer was advising delivery no early than Dec 2022, possibly into 2023, which is fine for me as that was actually my timescale for car replacement.

To answer your Q - I have not had Silverstone offer yet

Only communication I have had from my OPC was an email from a new sales advisor to tell me the chap I had been dealing with had left, which is a pity as after dealing with him on a couple of cars over the years I had finally got him trained :CWL:

Last edited:
OP
OP

EngieTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I placed my order Mid Nov 2021, at that time dealer was advising delivery no early than Dec 2022, possibly into 2023, which is fine for me as that was actually my timescale for car replacement.

To answer you Q - I have not had Silverstone offer yet

Only communication I have had from my OPC was an email from a new sales advisor to tell me the chap I had been dealing with had left, which is a pity as after dealing with him on a couple of cars over the years I had finally got him trained :CWL:
thanks for the response, where did you order from? I've seen a lot of UK people saying they can track on track your dream but I can't seem to find it!

I was advised delivery Q2 2022 but I have ordered a RWD so presume your time scales might be for a 4s or higher

Pitty your guy has left, sure he would have thrown a pen or umbrella in on collection day for the repeat business!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Hi all

I placed my order / deposit early Dec 21 and was wondering if anyone around the similar time has had an invite to track my dream or the Silverstone track day? My sales guy is on radio silence and never responds since taking my money!!

Thanks
Out of interest, which Porsche dealership?

I found Silverstone (dealer, not the Experience Centre) utterly useless to the point that after two weeks of half-assing around, I drove another 1 hour up the road to Leicester, who are far more helpful and enthusiastic.

They also got my GTS ST deposit.

OP
OP

EngieTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Out of interest, which Porsche dealership?

I found Silverstone (dealer, not the Experience Centre) utterly useless to the point that after two weeks of half-assing around, I drove another 1 hour up the road to Leicester, who are far more helpful and enthusiastic.

They also got my GTS ST deposit.
Nottingham dealership- the sales rep was all helpful and chasing to sort test drive and sort my order / deposit but any time I have emailed now in regards to Silverstone or time frames on deliveries I get told he'll get back to me ASAP. Only so many times you want to chase someone!

gdavison

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Boxster GTS
Country flag
My dealership is Calcot (aka Reading). the one attached to Porsche Cars Great Britain and Order is for a 4S TCT

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealership is Calcot (aka Reading). the one attached to Porsche Cars Great Britain and Order is for a 4S TCT
Call them. I actually wonder if Porsche - being German who are very strict with online privacy - has extremely tight email filters meaning a lot gets junked.

Silverstone claimed this was the case with me, but then there was no excuse for not following up with by phone having had a test drive.

T4YC4N

First Name
VB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, BMW 730, Mini
Country flag
As far as I know, Track My Dream is not available for UK customers, its for the US only at the moment.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
As far as I know, Track My Dream is not available for UK customers, its for the US only at the moment.
I have seen some UK customers able to utilise the Track Your Dream app. I am not sure it is available to everyone yet, but I'm unsure whether it's car-based or something else.

From memory, it's been mainly 911s that I've seen on this.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Hi all

Thanks
I think that dealers are not getting much in the way of information from Porsche Head Office, so they are probably as much in the dark as you are.

Plenty of us on here have ordered a Taycan ST GTS and are supposedly near or at the top of the dealer's lists, yet I don't think anyone has actually got a confirmed order code yet, some 3 months after paying the deposit.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
Order placed 14th Jan, didn’t get TYD link nor Silverstone invite yet.
I explicitly asked my SA about TYD and he said either I’d get a link or I won’t but in any case nothing they can do at dealership level.

Downloaded MyPorsche app and nothing there.
TBH I’m not too bothered about TYD as the SA is great so far and picks up on emails quickly while proactively keeping me informed so not much more I need.

Est. build slot June / July… Q3 delivery

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I explicitly asked my SA about TYD and he said either I’d get a link or I won’t but in any case nothing they can do at dealership level.

TBH I’m not too bothered about TYD as the SA is great so far and picks up on emails quickly while proactively keeping me informed so not much more I need.

TYD doesn't exist in the UK. It's a US product and developed in the US. With my cursory knowledge of product development, there are probably APIs and other tools that exist in the US for scraping this data vs Europe where it's possible no such thing exists.

https://rennlist.com/articles/porsche-launches-track-your-dream-app/

That might explain why two years later, TYD is still not available in the UK.

Nuttyatco

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I ordered a CT4S in Aug2021 and had an email invite to Silverstone Experience in early Dec 2021. Got an email from the dealer this week with confirmation of a June 2022 build date.
I believe some UK orders are getting access to TYD, but I think that is once a lock in date has been reached. My dealer didn’t mention it and I didn’t ask, but will query in April once I reach lock in date.
I’m expecting an early July delivery after a long 11 months ?

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag

Get your business partner number from your dealership then phone silverstone experience centre to book. That is what I did last year
Sponsored