Trying to decide whether to add Passenger Screen option

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Trying to decide if I want to add the Passenger Screen to my Build. I’m aware of all the posted comments. Can someone, WHO HAS A my2022, tell me if the Passenger Screen works without a Passenger and without doing the shortcut method described in other post? My understanding is you have to manually override the system every time you start the Car to get the Screen to go on.
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Trying to decide if I want to add the Passenger Screen to my Build. I’m aware of all the posted comments. Can someone, WHO HAS A my2022, tell me if the Passenger Screen works without a Passenger and without doing the shortcut method described in other post? My understanding is you have to manually override the system every time you start the Car to get the Screen to go on.
Frankly, if you want the screen so you could look at it when there is no passenger, there is no reason to have it and just makes driving less safe.

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Mine is a 2021 4S and it came with passenger screen. Wasn't my choice. It's a redundant, expensive, and unnecessary option. I never use it and neither do my passengers. But it looks pretty...

If I were ordering all over again I would NOT get the screen. Not worth the $$$.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
my wife had the best comment - compared to most porsche material and trim options it’s better than what ever piece of plastic/carbon/leather/wood you’d put there instead - and not much more money that what porsche charges for those non-screen options.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
I'm debating getting the passenger screen for myself as driver (a potential bonus for the passenger), so that I could display two different things on the two screens (like the full-screen map on the center screen and the energy-to-wheels diagram on the passenger screen, or the map on the passenger screen with audio screen in center, etc.). I doubt it's that unsafe using it to just glance at occasionally when driving on straight, open road, and I can see it being useful in that regard.

Reactions: B61

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car came with it. It looks impressive but the moment my wife sat in the passenger seat I was told to turn if off as it made her sick! Have not turned in on since. Personally would not order if ordering a car to my own specification.

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
from a driver perspective, it gives it a cockpit look, that a lot of people like. Many agree, that the functionality is redundant and not needed. so it’s more of a aesthetic question.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
it's another screen that needs to be cleaned ... but, I have it and I like it even if I'm alone in the car.
(agreed with @daveo4EV 's wife)
And I also think that looks better than without.

OP
OP

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
it's another screen that needs to be cleaned ... but, I have it and I like it even if I'm alone in the car.
(agreed with @daveo4EV 's wife)
And I also think that looks better than without.
Does it automatically come on without a passenger?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Does it automatically come on without a passenger?
Nope.
Passeneger needs to be on the seat.
But when you close the door (and engine start), you can use it as a navigation and select the trip... than it turns off (black screen, with white Taycan sign) if no one sit.
And I haven't figoured out if it's possible to turn this white sign off as well.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
I built my car with the screen, at the end of the day if you are spending over $100K for a car does another $1K or so ready matter?
Go for it, the screen just adds another level of "coolness" to the car!
And know that the screen only works when someone is sitting in the passenger seat but......the Taycan name is on when the screen is off so thats pretty cool as well.
Tesla has nothing on this car and options like this prove it more!

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
My Taycan has 4 passenger screens, all separately controllable and don't use up the car battery. They are called phones that every single person that has ever gotten in my car has. Years ago
we paid dearly for movie screen built into our Odyssey for the kids to watch, it was hardly ever used.
Now my kids (and adults) are already on their phone even as they get into the car. If you feel you want something to entertain your passenger buy and extra iPhone and hand it to them as they enter the car ;) They will know how to use it vs. the built in Porsche screen...

The main console display failed in my Taycan and was replaced under warranty. Do you want this extra complicated and expensive feature after the car is out of warranty?

Obviously this is my opinion and is not "the right" answer, to each his own. Personally I get motion
sick looking at my phone (or an extra screen) while being a passenger. Yes the car is more impressive for 30 seconds as a first time passenger enters.
Sponsored