batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
Looking forward to Instavolt having more >50kW sites. Still, going 800V with Taycan will be a win for me as when I actually find an Instavolt that is 120kW it only works at 60kW on my 400V iPace ?.

Also, hope my Taycan doesn’t have the same strop my iPace does with the 50kW Swarco Raptions at Marstons (or even worse the 50kW Raptions on CPS). Thankfully the MFG 150kW Swarco ones work fine. No issues with ABB such as Ionity or Gridserve, nor the ever reliable Tritiums
Sponsored

MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
Popped out to Kent today (from Surrey) so used the Cobham Services Ionity chargers…. Utter cr*p!

Don’t know what happened but 4/6 failed to communicate before the help line lady told me to ‘hold the connector in as they’re not very reliable’.

When I finally got a charge it was VERY slow - less than 10kW so really disappointed.

Then I stopped later at a 120kW InstaVolt and got 119.7kW charge to around 80% before it dropped to 50kW - very good indeed.

Did I do something wrong? The InstaVolt connectors seem so much hardier than the Ionity version.

Mazzy13

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar f pace
Country flag
I used IONITY at polmadie outside Glasgow. Took 30 mins for it to connect but then delivered 110 kw not 350 posted. At Gretna IONITY worked quickly but agin only 120 kw.
In Sunderland used fastned 350kw charger and got 120 kw. Connected quickly and even had a roof over the charge machines.
Sponsored