Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just completed my first year with Octopus go Faster, and very pleased.
I have EV (Taycan CT Turbo) and Solar panels / Tesla Powerwall set up. works a dream.
If anyone is considering the move, here's a link to get a £50 credit thats a fair few miles on Octopus. It all helps!

https://share.octopus.energy/funny-jade-51
That's very thoughtful being its your first post on here Mark.

Making sure that any new customers get the £50 Octopus new member fee.

I am sure you were completely unaware that you will also get £50 credit for everyone that clicks on your link. 🤣
Sponsored

MDL22

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo Cross Turismo
Country flag
Fully aware Ian, If the post breaks rules or offends more than happy to take it down.
Yes Octopus generously pay both parties £50 for new joiners. so win win.
`As I said every little helps.. :)

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Octopus website still seems to default to - don't move to a new supplier message due to the price cap. Not sure it makes any sense to change supplier now does it, even if you get a discounted night rate?

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Octopus website still seems to default to - don't move to a new supplier message due to the price cap. Not sure it makes any sense to change supplier now does it, even if you get a discounted night rate?
Been thinking the same as I need to change after the end of this month. That said with price rises forecast for October I’m not sure if I should bite the bullet and change. But 4 hours at night isn’t enough to charge our car given I only plug it in when I need to and soon our second taycan will come

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Been thinking the same as I need to change after the end of this month. That said with price rises forecast for October I’m not sure if I should bite the bullet and change. But 4 hours at night isn’t enough to charge our car given I only plug it in when I need to and soon our second taycan will come
Unless you're doing star trek miles in the car every day, then i'd think the day rate is far more important than a saving overnight. And as you say, it's now quite a small window.

I had intended to switch to Octopus EV tariff, but never quite got a round to it as car was delayed - and then the wheel came of the energy market, so missed my chance.

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Unless you're doing star trek miles in the car every day, then i'd think the day rate is far more important than a saving overnight. And as you say, it's now quite a small window.

I had intended to switch to Octopus EV tariff, but never quite got a round to it as car was delayed - and then the wheel came of the energy market, so missed my chance.
It’s for that reason I was looking at Goodenergy…though when I looked at it I was on holiday so I actually need to action it

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s for that reason I was looking at Goodenergy…though when I looked at it I was on holiday so I actually need to action it
I just had a look at them....

It’s not the best time to switch supplier just now.
Energy prices are still at record highs. It’s likely that the best thing you can do is stay with your current supplier.
If you still want to join Good Energy, it’s important to be aware that as a genuinely green supplier actively investing in renewables, our standard variable tariff is exempt from the energy price cap. This means it costs more than the standard variable tariffs offered by most other suppliers. If you are still interested in getting a quote then please get in touch.

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
I just had a look at them....

It’s not the best time to switch supplier just now.
Energy prices are still at record highs. It’s likely that the best thing you can do is stay with your current supplier.
If you still want to join Good Energy, it’s important to be aware that as a genuinely green supplier actively investing in renewables, our standard variable tariff is exempt from the energy price cap. This means it costs more than the standard variable tariffs offered by most other suppliers. If you are still interested in getting a quote then please get in touch.
the problem is they are all saying don’t move

MDL22

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo Cross Turismo
Country flag
I moved to Go Faster, this gives 5 hours cheap rate as opposed to the 4 with Octopus Go.
Once I had joined I contacted them after my first month and they sent out an invite to "Octopus Go Faster" .
I also installed batteries, so I charge car and batteries at the low rate and then use it as needed during the high rate periods. combined with solar at this time of the year, it means I never touch the high rate fees..

Reactions: Ant

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the problem is they are all saying don’t move
Which I think means you have to sit tight until wholesale prices and the price cap are at parity, then the suppliers will start competing for business again. Obviously, all things being equal, it will be competition at much higher levels.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Fully aware Ian, If the post breaks rules or offends more than happy to take it down.
Yes Octopus generously pay both parties £50 for new joiners. so win win.
`As I said every little helps.. :)
Apologies....
I thought you were just someone who joined on here and doesn't even have a Taycan - just to harvest the signing on fee.

It happens on other EV forums apparently.

👍

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Its surprising how much the car uses compared to the rest of our household consumption.

Octopus gives a daily usage and the chart is typical daily usage for us.

Red line is the tariff.
Bar chart is consumption.

I think the cheap rate saving represents at least £50pm?

Porsche Taycan Best Value UK Tarriff for Charging Screenshot_20220606-202525_Office

Last edited:

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Its surprising how much the car uses compared to the rest of our household consumption.

Octopus gives a daily usage and the chart is typical daily usage for us.

Red line is the tariff.
Bar chart is consumption.

I think the cheap rate saving represents at least £50pm?

Screenshot_20220606-202525_Office.jpg
Interesting breakdown. How many miles do you average per month?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
7620 miles in 10 months to be exact. 😁

Some days the charging is nil.
Some days its less than that shown.
Occasional days more than that.

Only charged twice at public chargers since I bought the car.

Note that the tariff has changed and is due to change again.
But I think the cheap rate stays at about 1/3rd of daytime rate?

So as rates increase, the saving will also increase.
Sponsored