Uk Delivery Updates

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
It’s pretty poor but it’s difficult to know what to expect in this climate so keen to hear what other people’s experiences have been recently.
I think everyone’s Has been poor, I’ve had to chase for info and updates

No idea why the dealers didn’t just send anyone with a car due in the next few months an email with a bit of an update

They will moan when people are so pissed off with the service that they’ve had that they cancel!
Sponsored

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Caterham 7, Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think everyone’s Has been poor, I’ve had to chase for info and updates

No idea why the dealers didn’t just send anyone with a car due in the next few months an email with a bit of an update

They will moan when people are so pissed off with the service that they’ve had that they cancel!
Completely agree! A friend is currently buying a Volvo and has received video updates, emails etc...

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Completely agree! A friend is currently buying a Volvo and has received video updates, emails etc...
It’s not just Porsche though
I have a VW that I’ve been leasing which ran out on Friday and I’ve no idea what’s happening with it! They are not answering the phone or replying to emails
I’ve parked it up the road and uninsured it!

I’ve got an Audi Etron on order that was built at the end of Feb it’s at the port of Emdon and Audi haven't given me any idea when it’s going to arrive

The car industry will be on its arse when lockdown ends and they will blame everyone else

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
It’s not just Porsche though
I have a VW that I’ve been leasing which ran out on Friday and I’ve no idea what’s happening with it! They are not answering the phone or replying to emails
I’ve parked it up the road and uninsured it!

I’ve got an Audi Etron on order that was built at the end of Feb it’s at the port of Emdon and Audi haven't given me any idea when it’s going to arrive

The car industry will be on its arse when lockdown ends and they will blame everyone else
VW, Audi, Porsche..... shame to have three stories about bad service all under one ownership umbrella......

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
I think the issue is that is really isn't that difficult....

Ive received emails from the principal dealer at Chester advising me to follow them on social media so I am clearly added to their mailing lists. It almost feels like they have closed the doors and just put an auto reply on.

I have had a few emails from the sales manager (whom ive never met) with some updates regarding my car in the last couple of weeks but it has all been initiated by me.

The sad thing is that I am told a lot of orders (not just Taycan's) have been cancelled and I understand peoples reasoning for that, but surely that should make the dealers more inclined to contact you to try and protect the sale?

I haven't factory ordered a car for a good few years so haven't had to handle delays/build issues etc but it has been a more stressful/frustrating position rather than an enjoyable one.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think the issue is that is really isn't that difficult....

Ive received emails from the principal dealer at Chester advising me to follow them on social media so I am clearly added to their mailing lists. It almost feels like they have closed the doors and just put an auto reply on.

I have had a few emails from the sales manager (whom ive never met) with some updates regarding my car in the last couple of weeks but it has all been initiated by me.

The sad thing is that I am told a lot of orders (not just Taycan's) have been cancelled and I understand peoples reasoning for that, but surely that should make the dealers more inclined to contact you to try and protect the sale?

I haven't factory ordered a car for a good few years so haven't had to handle delays/build issues etc but it has been a more stressful/frustrating position rather than an enjoyable one.
Spot on

Do you remember the days when they would hassle you and that was annoying

But now you go into a dealership or contact them and they don’t seem to give a shit !

All they have to do is make a few calls or send a few emails!

When I contact mine it’s like I’m being awkward asking for an update for my 135k car

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
A lot of things will be very different after this Corona Virus! And hopefully all these horror stories will go away. At least all of these sales reps will find it difficult in the future.

Cleansweep

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera gts Range Rover autobiography bmw 840ci sport
Country flag
Spot on

Do you remember the days when they would hassle you and that was annoying

But now you go into a dealership or contact them and they don’t seem to give a shit !

All they have to do is make a few calls or send a few emails!

When I contact mine it’s like I’m being awkward asking for an update for my 135k car
cambridge should be opening next Monday with delivery early July when he looked mine was going in paint shop fingers crossed

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
cambridge should be opening next Monday with delivery early July when he looked mine was going in paint shop fingers crossed
Are you happy taking the car then? My car is due July 10th and I’ve told the dealer I’m not happy taking the car on a 20 plate at this point.

I will keep the car for three years (or until I lose the taxable benefit on the car) and taking the car on a 20 plate will cause me to lose out when selling the car as it will appear to a buyer to be 6 months older than it really is.

My dealer has agreed to keep the car until September 1st and register it on a 70 plate, but I’m interested to hear what everyone else is planning

Cleansweep

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera gts Range Rover autobiography bmw 840ci sport
Country flag
Are you happy taking the car then? My car is due July 10th and I’ve told the dealer I’m not happy taking the car on a 20 plate at this point.

I will keep the car for three years (or until I lose the taxable benefit on the car) and taking the car on a 20 plate will cause me to lose out when selling the car as it will appear to a buyer to be 6 months older than it really is.

My dealer has agreed to keep the car until September 1st and register it on a 70 plate, but I’m interested to hear what everyone else is planning
Yes I’m of same opinion as you I may well pay for car and get them to register September

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
My 4s apparently has a V300 date of 24 May currently. Any thoughts on what this might mean about when the car might be at the U.K. dealers?

Cheers

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My 4s apparently has a V300 date of 24 May currently. Any thoughts on what this might mean about when the car might be at the U.K. dealers?

Cheers
Mine shows as 5 weeks from v300 to the dealer, but as the port will have a back log yours could be longer obviously

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Mine shows as 5 weeks from v300 to the dealer, but as the port will have a back log yours could be longer obviously
Oh well, maybe July for the car then. Will try to keep the excitement at bay :)

lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
It’s pretty poor but it’s difficult to know what to expect in this climate so keen to hear what other people’s experiences have been recently.
I have had a pretty good experience with Swindon on my 4s (1st new Porsche) ... my original date was a build date in March. During the covid-19 period i have had 2 emails and 1 call from the dealer principal following emails from me to check on status etc. I was also enquiring on any earlier canceled orders that i could maybe jump on (but none that i have heard of). I have been told my car is due to finish at the factory on the 29th of June (i don't mind this delay based on the lock downs in Germany and kinda expected some delay prior to covid anyway), and that a build commences 7/10 days prior to completion - which seem quick to me, but i assume this is correct?
Sponsored