Uk Delivery Updates

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m buying from Porsche Mayfair, which is the only dealer in the UK that’s owned by Porsche and not a franchise I believe.
Communication wasn’t great until I got Porsche UK to get hold of the dealer principle to follow up with me. I’ve had weekly updates since then.
My car made it to the dock but got stuck there when they closed the dealerships down.
Current status is that it’s still there but should be moving soon. The dealer will offer to deliver curb side if the government moves the date, but otherwise they will deliver from the showroom.
I’ve considered at length putting off taking delivery but any advantage in residual value will be far outweighed by having the car up for sale when the used market is so strong still due to a lack of availability. Also, I was going to buy it outright but the finance residual is crazy high so it’s very unlikely I’d sell it privately unless I wanted to change early (which I may if they bring in HUD, I still can’t believe it wasn’t an option).
Sponsored

Cleansweep

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera gts Range Rover autobiography bmw 840ci sport
Country flag
I’m buying from Porsche Mayfair, which is the only dealer in the UK that’s owned by Porsche and not a franchise I believe.
Communication wasn’t great until I got Porsche UK to get hold of the dealer principle to follow up with me. I’ve had weekly updates since then.
My car made it to the dock but got stuck there when they closed the dealerships down.
Current status is that it’s still there but should be moving soon. The dealer will offer to deliver curb side if the government moves the date, but otherwise they will deliver from the showroom.
I’ve considered at length putting off taking delivery but any advantage in residual value will be far outweighed by having the car up for sale when the used market is so strong still due to a lack of availability. Also, I was going to buy it outright but the finance residual is crazy high so it’s very unlikely I’d sell it privately unless I wanted to change early (which I may if they bring in HUD, I still can’t believe it wasn’t an option).
Hi as you say the residual figure is what swayed me to having some pcp .

Ymt400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Tycan 4S in Gentian Blue: Previous: Macan S
Country flag
Morning All,

Just wondering if anyone had any updates on their orders? Still not sure whether I am keeping my best on the current economy and potential for job cuts on contractors in the UK.
Had a call from my dealer last week asking if l still wanted my Taycan 4S which is sitting somewhere in the port of Sheerness in Kent !! l, of course said YES but have heard nothing since. l do know that Synter Porsche are ramping up operations and maybe l will hear soon. They certainly will not have everybody back to work so l assume they are operating on a skeleton staff.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
VW, Audi, Porsche..... shame to have three stories about bad service all under one ownership umbrella......
Itll likely be a thing called “furlough” for all those involved in the dealerships other than those that don’t really do a days work at any time anyway!

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Itll likely be a thing called “furlough” for all those involved in the dealerships other than those that don’t really do a days work at any time anyway!
If you think about how much money the dealerships make why don’t they have one member of staff to keep customers up to date with build and delivery times?

my car has been locked into build during lock down and its been hard to make changes as there is no one to do it!!!

Furlough is only £2,500 per month so surely they could have kept ONE person on the payroll?, also what about new car Sales?

the 911 Targa was released this week and how are people supposed to order one

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
You have said the same on another thread. but that is incorrect - The Porsche retail group GB comprises of many dealers in Guildford, Hatfield, Mayfair, Reading and West London.

https://www.porscheretailgroup.co.uk/

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
You have said the same on another thread. but that is incorrect - The Porsche retail group GB comprises of many dealers in Guildford, Hatfield, Mayfair, Reading and West London.

https://www.porscheretailgroup.co.uk/
From my personal experience — this group seem to get the best allocation
But unfortunately offer the not best deals !!
Any comments !

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
It's always been hard getting "deals" out of any Porsche dealer. When I bought the wife a Cayenne I could not even get an Umbrella off them lol

Will be a different ball game now. Plenty of cars to sell during what the chancellor is calling a MAJOR recession!

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
It's always been hard getting "deals" out of any Porsche dealer. When I bought the wife a Cayenne I could not even get an Umbrella off them lol

Will be a different ball game now. Plenty of cars to sell during what the chancellor is calling a MAJOR recession!
Agree — but it’s all about timing .
End of month deal — you will be their best friend .
Dec deal — they will rip your arm off .
Now what can we expect — discounts on stock — yes .
Discounts on new models ( Taycan) — not likely .
Improved Part ex prices — possible .
But what ever happens — stand your ground — you are King ( for once )

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Car arrived at the dealer just before the lockdown so no time for pdi etc. Dealership has just opened with skeleton staff and Covid precautions in place.
Had to wait another week for collection as dealer says air con not working and they are awaiting a software update to fix.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Had to wait another week for collection as dealer says air con not working and they are awaiting a software update to fix.
That bodes well before you have even collected the car

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
OK so I have now been told the car is at Sheerness docks so 1st June won't happen. It needs to get to the Reading PDI centre and then they can give me a proper date. Anyone know how long the PDI usually takes and then how long to the dealer. Getting impatient now

Ymt400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Tycan 4S in Gentian Blue: Previous: Macan S
Country flag
Completely agree! A friend is currently buying a Volvo and has received video updates, emails etc...
OK so I have now been told the car is w at Sheerness docks so 1st June won't happen. It needs to get to the Reading PDI centre and then they can give me a proper date. Anyone know how long the PDI usually takes and then how long to the dealer. Getting impatient now
Dealer called to say it’s now been delivered from Sheerness and will be ready for collection 27th May. It seems some cars are getting through the port. I can’t quite believe it’s here so here’s hoping for next week and I can actually get my hands on my 4S.
They are certainly starting to move.
Sponsored