Uk Delivery Updates

AL87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
The dealer (reading) advised my car is currently on a vessel and told me I can collect from next Wednesday onwards. He also was able to give me my registration number.

Ordered 22nd Jan
Build complete 1st April
Collection date 30th April.

I was originally told June delivery at the time of ordering so, despite the fact I'm really impatient to get it now, the timeline has surpassed expectations.
Sponsored

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
The dealer (reading) advised my car is currently on a vessel and told me I can collect from next Wednesday onwards. He also was able to give me my registration number.

Ordered 22nd Jan
Build complete 1st April
Collection date 30th April.

I was originally told June delivery at the time of ordering so, despite the fact I'm really impatient to get it now, the timeline has surpassed expectations.
That’s fantastic news - do you recall your dealer telling you the “Spec Freeze Point”
(I’d guess it was mid March but that’s the point from which they can expedite delivery ... I’ve had a Taycan exit production 12 days after “freeze point” and then beat the forecasted delivery by c 1mth like you refer to!)
My latest Taycan Turbo order has a freeze point of 21/5/21 and I’m feeling optimistic that I might see the car in June!

AL87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
That’s fantastic news - do you recall your dealer telling you the “Spec Freeze Point”
(I’d guess it was mid March but that’s the point from which they can expedite delivery ... I’ve had a Taycan exit production 12 days after “freeze point” and then beat the forecasted delivery by c 1mth like you refer to!)
My latest Taycan Turbo order has a freeze point of 21/5/21 and I’m feeling optimistic that I might see the car in June!
Yep, the freeze date was 22nd February and it was at that point he told me it was going to be sooner than June. A few weeks ago he told me I'd likely be able to collect next week but it seemed to spend a few weeks at Emden.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Yep, the freeze date was 22nd February and it was at that point he told me it was going to be sooner than June. A few weeks ago he told me I'd likely be able to collect next week but it seemed to spend a few weeks at Emden.
Yeah 9-10 weeks from freeze date isn’t so good (for whatever reason) I’m being told to expect 5-6 weeks from freeze but maybe that’s over optimistic! ??

K.H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
In
Yep collected on Saturday. Absolutely love it. Trying to find any excuse to go out and drive it.

Hope you get yours soon. Will deffo be worth the wait.
that sounds fantastic!
Mine finally arrived in Sheerness on Saturday. It now goes to Reading for the updates and checks and then back to Mayfair for collection. No collection date yet but hoping it’s before the end of next week.

Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Range Rover Sport, Mini JCW
Country flag
@torx @Mcgovern01 have you both collected your cars now? How are they?!
Picked mine up at 4pm today. It’s fantastic so far! Just ploughing through the inch thick manual. Gonna have to go find a public charger tomorrow as my wall box doesn’t get fitted till Thursday!
Porsche Taycan Uk Delivery Updates AA6E6E02-D7E7-4E36-ABD3-85E0F3E7030E

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
Picked mine up at 4pm today. It’s fantastic so far! Just ploughing through the inch thick manual. Gonna have to go find a public charger tomorrow as my wall box doesn’t get fitted till Thursday!
AA6E6E02-D7E7-4E36-ABD3-85E0F3E7030E.jpeg
looks great I've ordered those wheels what's your spec not expecting mine till Aug/Sept ?

K.H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
AA6E6E02-D7E7-4E36-ABD3-85E0F3E7030E.jpeg
Congratulations my friend. The looks stunning!

Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
looks great I've ordered those wheels what's your spec not expecting mine till Aug/Sept ?
Porsche code PM42UFK8. Massage Comfort seats which are great. Adaptive cruise which I like. Have it in my Range Rover Sport. Racetex steering wheel looks really nice. Also have the red leather interior which looks great in the flesh. Not a bright red at all.

Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For those of you picking up your cars soon, a few things I have learned so far!

1. if you want Porsche security pack tell them before hand. Takes a couple of days to set up. It’s a weird system. You have to carry a fob SEPARATE from the keys. The fob does NOT have a key ring on it. Bit of a pain actually but makes sense I suppose...

2. As soon as you get your Porsche account set up, order the charging RFID card. Got mine a couple of days before collection, which was quite fast apparently!

3. if you are lucky enough to have an Ionity charger nearby, it’s dead easy to use. My wall box doesn’t get fitted till Thursday. 3 pin charging is a waste of time. You can pay for charging at Porsche dealer chargers and Ionity chargers with the RFID card. Literally just plug in, tap the card and go get a coffee! I charged from 54% to 80% in about 10 minutes.

4. I had trouble getting apple car play to work. Deleted my phone profile, started again and it worked.

if I think of anything else I’ll post again, although I probably won’t have time as I’ll be busy showing friends how much fun launch control is...??

meejo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E220 Coupe, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Quick update for me, pick my car up tomorrow! Timeline below based on dealer confirmations.

Completion Date - 2nd April
On Ship - 12th April
In UK Port - 14th April
At Dealer - 19th April
Porsche email received 20th April (initiated by dealer)
Collect 24th April after ceramic coating and security package set up

Reactions: K.H

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Quick update for me, pick my car up tomorrow! Timeline below based on dealer confirmations.

Completion Date - 2nd April
On Ship - 12th April
In UK Port - 14th April
At Dealer - 19th April
Porsche email received 20th April (initiated by dealer)
Collect 24th April after ceramic coating and security package set up
Wow so lucky!
Completion date :26/03
On Ship: 22/04
Rest await to fill in the blanks!
:mad:
Sponsored