Uk Delivery Updates

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
I'm picking up tomorrow, my locked in date was March 8th.

I am amazed how cheap we have got insurance - 10k/year, two drivers circa 40y/o - £447/year with Admiral!
That is a good turnaround!
I also went with Admiral. £522 with no tracker required, protected ncb and four named drivers (all over 40).
Sponsored

Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Range Rover Sport, Mini JCW
Country flag
K.H and Nipri, did you get your cars yet?
Quick update on my issues...car went back in as an FOD upgrade failed. They had it for a week! Got it back on Wednesday, software reboot etc. STILL don’t have the FOD upgrades installed though 5 days later. It’s a really poor ‘over the air’ upgrade service. Nobody at Porsche seems to know why it isn’t upgrading itself, even though I paid for these upgrades over 2 weeks ago. Apart from that car is fab!

Reactions: K.H

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Quick update on my issues...car went back in as an FOD upgrade failed. They had it for a week! Got it back on Wednesday, software reboot etc. STILL don’t have the FOD upgrades installed though 5 days later. It’s a really poor ‘over the air’ upgrade service. Nobody at Porsche seems to know why it isn’t upgrading itself, even though I paid for these upgrades over 2 weeks ago. Apart from that car is fab!
Morning. Due to pick it up today. Was told yesterday that they are having difficulty connecting tracker due to an issue in Germany. Told them that have to pick up today as it’s a good day for religious purposes according to my mum?. Hope they can sort it before collection ??

K.H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
Picked mine up yesterday and absolutely love it!! Exceeds expectations and was worth the wait.
sorry to hear that you are having issues with your upgrade - given how many issues I’ve read on this forum I’m expecting that any day now I’m going to experience some kind of issue. Hopefully not!

Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Range Rover Sport, Mini JCW
Country flag
Picked mine up yesterday and absolutely love it!! Exceeds expectations and was worth the wait.
sorry to hear that you are having issues with your upgrade - given how many issues I’ve read on this forum I’m expecting that any day now I’m going to experience some kind of issue. Hopefully not!
Glad you got it at last!

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Morning. Due to pick it up today. Was told yesterday that they are having difficulty connecting tracker due to an issue in Germany. Told them that have to pick up today as it’s a good day for religious purposes according to my mum?. Hope they can sort it before collection ??
Pick mine up on Friday for the same reason! All good so far and love it.

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Pick mine up on Friday for the same reason! All good so far and love it.
Despite telling me that the tracker was not working, collected the car which is superb & guess what, it was working as had a call from Vodafone to make sure that I was the one was driving the car.

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
Car has now left the factory in transit to UK

When could I expect it to reach dealer, are there still delays and hold ups being experienced?

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag

When could I expect it to reach dealer, are there still delays and hold ups being experienced?
Mine was Emden for 4 weeks before it was loaded. Its pot luck but hopefully for you it will be soon in the UK.

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag

Mine took two weeks but it does vary a lot.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag

This is what I was told this week by the dealer;

Date out of Factory 11.06.2021
Date due to centre 09.07.2021

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
PUSH BACK - I doubt the last.

................note from my dealer below.

"Whereas my last email regarding your new car was projecting a factory completion date of circa mid June, I'm afraid we are now being warned of possible production delays across all models due to a worldwide motor industry shortage of micro processors / semi conductors. You may well have read in the news about these shortages and the possible impact it may have on all kinds of industries. Currently your Taycan is now showing a factory completion date of third week of June so I would now project an early July estimated collection date for you"

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
PUSH BACK - I doubt the last.

................note from my dealer below.

"Whereas my last email regarding your new car was projecting a factory completion date of circa mid June, I'm afraid we are now being warned of possible production delays across all models due to a worldwide motor industry shortage of micro processors / semi conductors. You may well have read in the news about these shortages and the possible impact it may have on all kinds of industries. Currently your Taycan is now showing a factory completion date of third week of June so I would now project an early July estimated collection date for you"
pardon my confusion but, altho the warning refers to a delay, the delay appears to be quantified as approx 1 week. My Turbo is due through production 18/25th June and estimated dealer collection 9th July … I guess I can expect this to be delayed 7-10 days at the least.
(spec lockdown was last Friday & I was hoping it might get into production within 7-10 days the same as a Taycan I’d ordered for build date 18th January 2021 and it passed thru production and was on its way to Emden pre this 18th Jan date)

Hopefully this glitch with production and components only adds a week or so and if it’s like my car earlier this year, it’s not unusual for Porsche benefit from a following tail wind and even be a week or three early … In hoping for 10-20 July ??
Sponsored

Last edited: