Stewartt997

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST4S
Country flag
Online quote with Admiral for 10K miles business and personal use was £1100. When I called and switched to multi car policy it dropped to £550. No tracker needed. I snapped their hand off before they changed the quote!
Sponsored

Hargo

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (2023) - Land Rover Velar
Country flag
That's quite special. I called Admiral and got quoted £1500 for a new Taycan Turbo (collect March 1st) on a multi-car discount (2k+ on its own). I am moving the existing Merc GLC AMG to the policy in May. With a little bit of chat I got the Taycan cost down to £1,178.38 with Gold cover (legal and windscreen, free car collection if you run out of battery cover, etc). Based on 8k miles - No tracker is needed or was questioned.

The car is a business purchase but the insurance was paid for personally (to avoid BIK).

Keysersoze

First Name
Keyser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - 992 GTS on order
Country flag
That's quite special. I called Admiral and got quoted £1500 for a new Taycan Turbo (collect March 1st) on a multi-car discount (2k+ on its own). I am moving the existing Merc GLC AMG to the policy in May. With a little bit of chat I got the Taycan cost down to £1,178.38 with Gold cover (legal and windscreen, free car collection if you run out of battery cover, etc). Based on 8k miles - No tracker is needed or was questioned.

The car is a business purchase but the insurance was paid for personally (to avoid BIK).

Curious how that paying personally avoids BIK ?

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I paid for this and passed to my accountant as was t sure bik rules on a car owned by the company. Don’t recall bik previously but might have been rolled up.

Hargo

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Curious how that paying personally avoids BIK ?
If purchased by the business it will be added to your personal BIK and your tax rate etc. In my case I was better off paying for it from dividends already received (so I have already paid tax on that income).

Shigura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 (1st car 1958 Nash Metropolitan)
Country flag
So far the best quote I have had is from Direct Line at £1152 which is not on comparison sites and whose policies are highly rated by Which?

Hargo

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So far the best quote I have had is from Direct Line at £1152 which is not on comparison sites and whose policies are highly rated by Which?
Does that include legal cover and bits?

Shigura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 (1st car 1958 Nash Metropolitan)
Country flag
Legal cover £28 Protected NCD £107

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne T Coupe, Macan GTS, Taycan GTS
Country flag
has anyone received any impressive insurance quotes recently for a GTS ST? Just started shopping around and they're pretty painful so far

Limited Company Owned
40 years old
10+ years NCD
1 x SP30

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
has anyone received any impressive insurance quotes recently for a GTS ST? Just started shopping around and they're pretty painful so far

Limited Company Owned
40 years old
10+ years NCD
1 x SP30
Whose name is the V5 in ?

I put V5 in my personal name (ownership is the company) and got insurance with Admiral and then expensed back to company.

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Whose name is the V5 in ?

I put V5 in my personal name (ownership is the company) and got insurance with Admiral and then expensed back to company.
Yes, I think I'll get my broker to play around with different ownership/keeper scenarios. Thanks

Rob70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Cayenne S, Taycan GTS due March
Country flag

Limited Company Owned
40 years old
10+ years NCD
1 x SP30
Just insured mine with Esure for a third of what Admiral had quoted.

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just insured mine with Esure for a third of what Admiral had quoted.
I'm also now getting the best prices on comparison sites from Esure. I need to dig into the details a little regarding approved repair centers etc...

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I was quoted 1500 squids for my (not here yet) Taycan ct 4s. My I-pace last year was 450. I had a non fault accident meantime and this year it jumped to 800. The Taycan will double that.
Being a company car I wonder if the register keeper can be my wife. With my wife main driver the insurance goes down to 370!!!
Women Power!
Sponsored