WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Just out of curiosity (I'd already switched from Admiral in June), Admiral are now my lowest compare the market quote, at 47% more than they charged last year, down from the 60% more they wanted in June. I'm wondering if that's now not out of line with typical premium increases for any type of car.
Sponsored

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just out of curiosity (I'd already switched from Admiral in June), Admiral are now my lowest compare the market quote, at 47% more than they charged last year, down from the 60% more they wanted in June. I'm wondering if that's now not out of line with typical premium increases for any type of car.
I just had a look into it and got the following from Insurance Times yesterday (referring to John Lewis / EV insurance).
So should be a reliable source.

https://www.insurancetimes.co.uk/news/john-lewis-issues-update-after-ev-cover-paused/1446188.article

Porsche Taycan UK Taycan Insurance Screenshot_20231124_054334_Chrome

Porsche Taycan UK Taycan Insurance Screenshot_20231124_054358_Chrome

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I just had a look into it and got the following from Insurance Times yesterday (referring to John Lewis / EV insurance).
So should be a reliable source.

https://www.insurancetimes.co.uk/news/john-lewis-issues-update-after-ev-cover-paused/1446188.article
So basically they're imagining exaggerating the full potential until they gather bother looking at enough actual data Well, they forgot to mention massive weight, overly complex driver interface and difficulty/expense of repair. (edited in case I gave the impression that I agree with the robbing bastards).
Anyway, if 72% is the norm for EVs, Admiral's 47% doesn't look too bad.

Last edited:

AllanG

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Macan S in Crayon
Country flag
That insurance statement sounds like total bullsh.t!! 🤣🤣

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
That insurance statement sounds like total bullsh.t!! 🤣🤣
It sounds like typical underwriters.....
They don't really understand it, so err on the side of caution (ie load premiums until market forces bring them down).

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
For whatever reasons none of the EUI brands (Admiral, Bell, Elephant etc) were showing up on price comparison searches for the Taycan or the Zoe I just got for my daughter - together with the feck off renewal premium I got this year - I took the hint despite being their customer the past 8 years and having almost 25 years NCB. Stuff em

Keith Charles

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo 4s, Porsche 993
Country flag
Just got my renewal notice from Admiral, £2,075 last year, this year £2,856. Shopping around the best deak I've found is Insurewithporsche.co.uk at £2,137. Wondered if anyone else has used them?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
My Admiral premium has gone up 50% to £885 but the excess has gone up from nominal to £750 as well.
Can’t be arsed to look around atm.
Sponsored