First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Looking into it at the moment.

Octopus are one of the very few energy providers that are actually installing new generation smart meters (SMETS2) on 3-phase supplies.

Which would be perfect for me as I’m getting smashed with ridiculous metering charges with present supplier as the meter is a dumb AMR style meter. So if you move supplier you get hit with these stupid automatic meter reading charges from the new supplier as the auto reading infrastructure with AMR is proprietary nonsense. Rant over and breath 🤣

OP
OP
Speuk

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Have you looked at Ovo Drive Anytime? Potentially looks better than Octopus Intelligent as daytime rate is the same as the standard capped rate of 34.22p. I haven't looked if they can install a smart meter on 3 phase though.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Have you looked at Ovo Drive Anytime? Potentially looks better than Octopus Intelligent as daytime rate is the same as the standard capped rate of 34.22p. I haven't looked if they can install a smart meter on 3 phase though.
I used to be with OVO several years ago, but they are still in very limited pilot stage with polyphase (3-phase) smart metering rollout. So I’ve discounted them.

OP
OP
Speuk

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I used to be with OVO several years ago, but they are still in very limited pilot stage with polyphase (3-phase) smart metering rollout. So I’ve discounted them.
That is a shame.
Having just done some very quick numbers Ovo Drive Anytime looks like a much better option for me as the daytime rate seems to be 34.22p/kwh and as I use 6900kwh/year just running the house the additional cost of 6900kwh at Octupus Go day rate wipes out most of the night time chap rate savings. I have guessed that my household consumption during the 4 hour Go time of use hours is only about 5% of total as most things are set to switch on a 6am or later
Sponsored