Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Hoping to get the MAMBA with Black Spyders. Gentian a bit ‘safe’ for a track day. Oddly the Gentian has the Veg cutters…
Obviously the Mamba will be quicker….

Porsche Taycan UK PEC session 7FBA15D8-074B-41A6-813C-29B880D51C63
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Hoping to get the MAMBA with Black Spyders. Gentian a bit ‘safe’ for a track day. Oddly the Gentian has the Veg cutters…
Obviously the Mamba will be quicker….

7FBA15D8-074B-41A6-813C-29B880D51C63.jpeg
Have a great day - do post a debrief!

For anyone else with PECs coming up, there are two from this group (I will be there) going to the PEC on 25 August morning sess.

I'm still awaiting confirmation from Porsche.

Be great if more forum members can join and we can finally meet in person!

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I noticed all the plates start with RX22 – does that mean something ? (22 I'm guessing is the year?)

OP
OP
Murph7355

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
I noticed all the plates start with RX22 – does that mean something ? (22 I'm guessing is the year?)
RX is linked to where they're registered. RX is Reading (I think that's Porsche GB HQ.

22 is the year. We have 2 numbers per year on this style plate (aa xx bbb)... 22 is March and 72 August.

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I ordered mine in late March and obviously don't have a build date yet. Do you just get contacted by Porsche about the PEC day?

OP
OP
Murph7355

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered mine in late March and obviously don't have a build date yet. Do you just get contacted by Porsche about the PEC day?
Yes.

I ordered early Feb (so am very happy to find someone likely to be behind me in the queue - you're not no1 on your dealer's list by any chance? If not, can we be friends... It's a very exclusive club 😁) and got the mail through from PEC a few weeks ago.

NB we've determined on here that PEC booking has no bearing on car delivery sadly.

Dates seem to book out pretty quickly, so don't leave it too long to book. I phoned rather than emailed and spoke to a very lovely lady who sorted it all out.

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Thanks Murph - Not heard I'm no1 on the list so assume not. Its likely to be a busy dealership. I've got my commission number for my order (which I know doesn't really mean anything), but I wonder if I could use it to call Porsche and book the day in advance of them contacting me...

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks Murph - Not heard I'm no1 on the list so assume not. Its likely to be a busy dealership. I've got my commission number for my order (which I know doesn't really mean anything), but I wonder if I could use it to call Porsche and book the day in advance of them contacting me...
Ask your dealer about PEC and they should expedite your invite.

I discussed it with my dealer and got my invite a few weeks back. I suspect because my dealer knew I was expecting it, perhaps he made sure I got an invite.

Ordered my GTS ST very similar time to Murph so we're in a race to get the car first 😂

Was told 12-15 month delivery. Deposit down early February. Porsche Leicester.

OP
OP
Murph7355

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just looked at my "new vehicle order form" and couldn't see a commission number on it. The only reference it does have could be a form reference... But either way it doesn't match my PEC reference.

Reference on the order form was 6 characters, starting with a letter.

PEC reference 10 digits.

PEC confirmation reference 5 digits.

As they emailed me without prompting I took that as a "good sign" that someone in Porsche head officedom is aware I exist, even if I'm further down the queue than a Tory MP at a WI video bring and buy sale.

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Order number on my form is diff to the commission number I received after asking. But both are 6 characters. I'll just wait and see what happens over the coming months.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Order number on my form is diff to the commission number I received after asking. But both are 6 characters. I'll just wait and see what happens over the coming months.
If you beat us both to your GTS we won't be talking to you.

Just a heads up.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Just got my UK PEC offer in last hour - afternoon in June proposed - can't make that date - will re-arrange.

cheers

Nuttyatco

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Just got my UK PEC offer in last hour - afternoon in June proposed - can't make that date - will re-arrange.

cheers
I suspect you’ve been offered the June date because you’ve ordered through Exeter Porsche, like me, and they are having a play day there. I can’t make that date either, have booked 2nd Sept. Kind of hoping I might have my car by then, as I ordered back in Aug21, but who knows (no confirmed build date yet, but according to the dealer definitely a MY22 - options and price)🤞🏻

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I suspect you’ve been offered the June date because you’ve ordered through Exeter Porsche, like me, and they are having a play day there. I can’t make that date either, have booked 2nd Sept. Kind of hoping I might have my car by then, as I ordered back in Aug21, but who knows (no confirmed build date yet, but according to the dealer definitely a MY22 - options and price)🤞🏻
Could be, will go for soonest date I can - mine will be MY23 - no idea when -

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
The MAMBA had Veg cutters too. The inside had a Crayon GTS pack so it was a bit tarty for me but it was a ‘proper’ Race Tex GTS on the inside. With the Design Clock! Lurvely…
HUD not necessary on a track day, (or ever?!?)
Outside the only GTS bit was rear badge. It had carbon body kit and Carbon Veg Cutters?!
Did you know these wheels are not structurally carbon?
Each alloy has 5 bits of carbon clipped on. This makes them the worlds most expensive wheel trims!
Absolutely, stunningly capable car. Even allowing for the mediocrity of the driver I have done track a few times and I had lots ‘indicating left’ ahead of me and kept up with a GT3 RS. Great fun.
Perhaps the GTS was quicker than a 4S?
I would have to drive them back to back to be sure but they are close. Certainly couldn’t tell if PTV was helping?! I am not good enough!
Good day out. Lovely grub
My instructor Keith top bloke!
Sponsored