Keysersoze

First Name
Keyser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - 992 GTS on order
Country flag
Was out in my GTS yesterday and the PCM carried out an update …

anyone else had this ?

Whats new ?

Car is MY23 built Dec 22
Sponsored

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
Yup, it is just wonderful. After the big update, the media selection (Sirius in my case) took a couple of seconds to load. After this new update, I am back to the old days (30 to 60 seconds). I might add this all getting old for me, however I am trying to take the KC approach and relax.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nope. No update here. Haven’t updated anything since the day I picked it up 16 months ago.

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have ota updates turned off. if my car is working, i leave well enough alone. I do the same thing with my iphone. I find updates usually fix one thing i dont use, only to break something i do use....😜

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
I have ota updates turned off. if my car is working, i leave well enough alone. I do the same thing with my iphone. I find updates usually fix one thing i dont use, only to break something i do use....😜
I agree. I don't think I've ever updated any software, and not created an issue in the process.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Had the update monday morning CET

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Was out in my GTS yesterday and the PCM carried out an update …

anyone else had this ?

Whats new ?

Car is MY23 built Dec 22
I had it yesterday on my new GTS ST - nothing to get too excited about - I believe it was to do with the QR code that is generated when linking your Porsche ID for Apple / Spotify etc. Just an update to that.

I got the update whilst driving and so could download and red the update before it applied.

No way to review the history unfortunately.

Map Updates are more obvious as the say 'Map Update'.

As a rule I always apply all updates - bad practice not to IMHO and besides if you ever have your car in at the dealers they'll apply these (and more) besides so really no reason to shy away from them.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I also saw the QR code update message pop up on my screen while driving. No adverse or positive affect noticed (not that I would expect either).

JonS1234

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Model S Plaid, Model X LR
Country flag
All of the IT Security professionals have an eye twitch at this comment.. Please don't do this.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
All of the IT Security professionals have an eye twitch at this comment.. Please don't do this.
How will you ever know if you don't apply it?

You will never get access to any details an Infosec guy might reasonably need to have and ultimately you'll push the button.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
While I totally understand the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude, the primary reason I apply updates is security, things you don't see. Your car, and your iPhone, are internet connected devices, exposed to 8 billion people, some of whom might want to hack it. Any phone, including iPhones, more than a few months out of date in terms of update, can usually be hacked by anyone who is willing to download ready-made hacking scripts available on the internet. Your Taycan is not much different than your iPhone in this respect.

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree. I don't think I've ever updated any software, and not created an issue in the process.
I invite you to check out Pwn2Own cybersecurity competitions. Most of the hacks used there are kept secret for only a few weeks, after which, any script kiddie can download a working proof of concept which they can use to hack your devices. This is in part to motivate manufacturers to fix their shit asap. If you don't apply the fix, it's all on you if your devices are comprimised.

Here is a link to an overview of the freely available security vulnerability database for all kinds of software:
https://www.cvedetails.com/

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Map Updates are more obvious as the say 'Map Update'.
Map updates can appear as often as every few minutes, at least in my experience when driving across the continent.
Sponsored