First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, 911 Turbo 991.2, Lambo Gallardo, F 458
Country flag
The new app interface looks great, and has lots of new features. Check it out from your App Store or Google Play

IMG_8918.png
Mine isn’t connecting to my car anymore? Anything I need to change?

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, 911 Turbo 991.2, Lambo Gallardo, F 458
Country flag
Mine isn’t showing my charging info anymore? I went into services and added it back but whenever I log into the app, it won’t show the car info. Any ideas?

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My hopes that they fixed functionality were dashed. The windows always open is back, only disappeared for a couple of days after updating the app - must have reset something which fixed it temporarily. The new “just updated” is just as useless as the green dot used to be - the current status shown seems to have nothing to do with it (e.g. status changes while while the app says “just updated”, for example just checked the app, it tells me “just updated” and that my car is unlocked, WTF, but give it a minute or two and now car shows locked - I looked out the window and the car was locked all the time, so Porsche app just seems to display randomly outdated status even when it says “just updated”). So it seems the update is mostly cosmetic :(
This may help (or not 😀). See the three screenshots of the My Porsche mobile app on the page "Opening and closing the side windows".

Porsche Taycan [Updated] My Porsche App updated w/ new interface and functions Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 8.31.20 PM
Porsche Taycan [Updated] My Porsche App updated w/ new interface and functions Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 8.32.05 PM
Porsche Taycan [Updated] My Porsche App updated w/ new interface and functions Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 8.32.30 PM

The information of interest is on the third page - "Storing final position of side windows". This refers to the situation that can occur (probably during a service visit) when the location of the side window is "lost", disabling the Stage two - One touch mode.

After dealing with the "Left/Right Rear Window" unlocked message, I tried following the instructions by following the last 3 bullets on the third page. The key appears to be the second bullet - pulling the windows switch up to the second setting - to signal to the car that the window position is Closed.

As I walked away from the car I checked the Lock Icon status in the My Porsche App and it changed 2-3 times before stabilizing as shown below. I think it was picking up the status from me opening the car (Left Door Open), then eventually it showed all the windows closed and the car itself unlocked (I don't lock it in the garage).

Porsche Taycan [Updated] My Porsche App updated w/ new interface and functions Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 9.06.16 PM

I have no idea if this will stick or not, but I'm encouraged. Good luck!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
This may help (or not 😀). See the three screenshots of the My Porsche mobile app on the page "Opening and closing the side windows".

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 8.31.20 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 8.32.05 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 8.32.30 PM.png

The information of interest is on the third page - "Storing final position of side windows". This refers to the situation that can occur (probably during a service visit) when the location of the side window is "lost", disabling the Stage two - One touch mode.

After dealing with the "Left/Right Rear Window" unlocked message, I tried following the instructions by following the last 3 bullets on the third page. The key appears to be the second bullet - pulling the windows switch up to the second setting - to signal to the car that the window position is Closed.

As I walked away from the car I checked the Lock Icon status in the My Porsche App and it changed 2-3 times before stabilizing as shown below. I think it was picking up the status from me opening the car (Left Door Open), then eventually it showed all the windows closed and the car itself unlocked (I don't lock it in the garage).

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 9.06.16 PM.png

I have no idea if this will stick or not, but I'm encouraged. Good luck!
Thanks. Definitely worth a try, so will go and store the closed position of all 4 windows.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks. Definitely worth a try, so will go and store the closed position of all 4 windows.
You mean you have not read and complied with all steps in the three pages from the Taycan manual about how to open and close windows? :facepalm:
No wonder you have problems. It's not the app, it's the user.
:CWL:
(Going to have to read the manual myself about how to open and close the windows to see what I've missed. Probably opening and closing windows the wrong way, thinking all I needed to do was push/pull the buttons .... )

Last edited:

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have also quite av]curate predictions from ABRP now that my car is linked via the Porsche site. It has also been quite accurate predictions.
Could you explain what "now that my car is linked via the Porsche site" means in regards to using ABRP?
What is being linked via the Porsche site?
Using ABRP for planning, or for in-route guidance, or ?

OP
OP
WattTurbo

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Mine isn’t connecting to my car anymore? Anything I need to change?
Maybe your car is parked where there’s no LTE connection? On the first day after the update, mine did not show that I had the EVSE connected even though it was. Everything was back to normal the next day when I pulled it out of the garage.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Could you explain what "now that my car is linked via the Porsche site" means in regards to using ABRP?
What is being linked via the Porsche site?
Using ABRP for planning, or for in-route guidance, or ?
What I mean is that ABRP is linked with my Porsche account and then gets my charge level automatically. And I believe it also adjusts the consumption figure that the algorithm in ABRP uses. That way I get quite accurate predictions of charging levels depending on time of year etc.

Here is a screen shot of the link between ABRP and my Porsche account.

There is some delay for the data to update, it is not completely live data. But the delay is minutes only so no problem when driving.

Porsche Taycan [Updated] My Porsche App updated w/ new interface and functions IMG_1313

AllanG

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Macan S in Crayon
Country flag
Can anyone tell me how I can connect my car to the My Porsche app on my Apple Watch? I have my vehicle in the My Porsche app on my iPhone.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You mean you have not read and complied with all steps in the three pages from the Taycan manual about how to open and close windows? :facepalm:
No wonder you have problems. It's not the app, it's the user.
:CWL:
(Going to have the read the manual myself about how to open and close the windows to see what I've missed. Probably opening and closing windows the wrong way, thinking all I needed to do was push/pull the buttons .... )
I agree that it is goofy that a user has to reset the "closed state" of a window after a 12V battery disconnection. That extra pull of each window switch to the second setting should not be necessary. Bad design decision on Porsche's part.

But.... At this point I just hope that the reset holds and that I get good info from My Porsche about the state of the car going forward.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I agree that it is goofy that a user has to reset the "closed state" of a window after a 12V battery disconnection. That extra pull of each window switch to the second setting should not be necessary. Bad design decision on Porsche's part.

But.... At this point I just hope that the reset holds and that I get good info from My Porsche about the state of the car going forward.
Well if you had ever owned an Aston Martin, that would have been second nature to you. A low battery would release a stampede of “” bespoke features””.

Nothing special for Porsche

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can anyone tell me how I can connect my car to the My Porsche app on my Apple Watch? I have my vehicle in the My Porsche app on my iPhone.
If it is not there now, then go to the Watch App on your iPhone, select your watch, scroll to the bottom, and click on INSTALL next to "My Porsche".

If you happen to see "My Porsche" as you are scrolling down then it is already installed. Either way, after checking that the app is installed, I suggest going to "App View" at the top of this window in the Watch App, and move My Porsche to the top of the display so it is easy to find.

AllanG

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Macan S in Crayon
Country flag
If it is not there now, then go to the Watch App on your iPhone, select your watch, scroll to the bottom, and click on INSTALL next to "My Porsche".

If you happen to see "My Porsche" as you are scrolling down then it is already installed. Either way, after checking that the app is installed, I suggest going to "App View" at the top of this window in the Watch App, and move My Porsche to the top of the display so it is easy to find.
Thanks, Sam……….I do have the app on my watch, but when I open it I only get this message:-

“No vehicle available. Please add a vehicle to your account via the smartphone app”

The issue is that I already have my vehicle added on my iPhone app, so I don’t know why this isn’t being found by my Watch app?

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks, Sam……….I do have the app on my watch, but when I open it I only get this message:-

“No vehicle available. Please add a vehicle to your account via the smartphone app”

The issue is that I already have my vehicle added on my iPhone app, so I don’t know why this isn’t being found by my Watch app?
I would try doing a hard reset on your phone and a hard reset on your watch. This gets rid of any bad connection links between the two devices.
Sponsored